DVDVR Message Board

Someone on my twitter just posted a pic of a Lebron billboard that just went up on E. 9th and Prospect (close to downtown Cleveland) that was LBJ in the old Cavs uniform wearing number 23. Don't know if they just used stock footage or if he's going to go back to that, seems like something they would be able to photoshop up.

@@MySportsLegion: ...the Heat twitter account has lost nearly 300,000 followers since LeBron's announcement.

To the surprise of no one, Heat fans jumping off the bandwagon.

To the surprise of everyone, they're doing it early.

It's only a surprise because most people assumed Heat fans wouldn't even notice until March.

• Like 3

@@MySportsLegion: ...the Heat twitter account has lost nearly 300,000 followers since LeBron's announcement.

To the surprise of no one, Heat fans jumping off the bandwagon.

To the surprise of everyone, they're doing it early.

It's only a surprise because most people assumed Heat fans wouldn't even notice until March.

I give them some credit and expected them to notice by the end of August.

Blake Griffin ‏@blakegriffin32  22m

"You guys don't think he would recognize me if I got season tix again right?!?" -guy who burned lebrons cavs jersey on tv

Basically this is working out best for Cleveland by him going away for a few years and then coming back when they were ready to contend for titles.  I mean they're basically trading a few really bad seasons for if he stayed they would've gotten to the 2nd or 3rd round a few of those years.  But it took LeBron going away so that they could get the draft picks to take Irving and Wiggins to be serious NBA title contenders.

Would the Cavs be able to get Love without Wiggins going the other way? I would looooove to see Wiggins learn from LeBron and those two work their defensive magic on the opposition with Love picking up rebound after rebound.

Waiters, Bennett, and picks sounds like an awful deal for the T'wolves.

Would the Cavs be able to get Love without Wiggins going the other way?

Not a chance. Flip's fighting for his job, so he doesn't want to trade Love unless he's getting a clear win out of it. He was asking both Chicago and Golden State for some pretty stupid packages.

ILNd5pE.gif

I love Bosh's reaction the most.

My first reaction was that Bosh should have played the Reigns part, since he'll still have a shot at a title in the future.  Wade will become Ambrose levels of crazy revenge seeking mode given that he opted out and lost out on a shitton of money.

Would the Cavs be able to get Love without Wiggins going the other way? I would looooove to see Wiggins learn from LeBron and those two work their defensive magic on the opposition with Love picking up rebound after rebound.

Waiters, Bennett, and picks sounds like an awful deal for the T'wolves.

One guy in the Twin Cities media basically said that the Wolves don't consider any offer that doesn't involve Wiggins to be a serious offer.

Someone sent out a tweet saying that Dion Waiters is going to learn from Lebron and be an important part of the Cavs future and he responded with 'lol we'll see" so I have a feeling he thinks he's on the block.

One guy in the Twin Cities media basically said that the Wolves don't consider any offer that doesn't involve Wiggins to be a serious offer.

That makes sense but they lose him for nothing if they don't move him this year. Not an ideal bargaining position.

This is such a great story, though. I feel so good for the people of Northeast Ohio and the way he announced the move was just so professionally done. Congrats JRGoldman and supremebve.

If half of yall knew who Q-Tip was, you would have known this story was a forgone conclusion once he "reported" it.  Q-Tip was on it.

Mike Brown still getting paid from all his past firings, but he still has to be scratching his head over this shit.  "Really Lebron? Couldn't drop me a hint last year?"

See ya in Cleveland, Ray Allen.

I like to see Wiggins and Lebron on the same team, if only for the highlights.

That makes sense but they lose him for nothing if they don't move him this year. Not an ideal bargaining position.

This is such a great story, though. I feel so good for the people of Northeast Ohio and the way he announced the move was just so professionally done. Congrats JRGoldman and supremebve.

I'd rather lose Love for nothing than take on the garbage we'd get from Golden State.

I'd rather lose Love for nothing than take on the garbage we'd get from Golden State.

You could've gotten some good players from Chicago, but Flip wanted ALL the pieces. We were like "lol sure ok we'll let you know."

• Like 1

So when will Flip realize that getting something for Love is much better than getting nothing?  At this rate he is going to end up with his thumb up his ass when Kevin Love just waits it out until the end of the season.  He needs to realize the price is going down faster than the price is going up.