DVDVR Message Board

Raw 7-7-14

MGFanJay

I mentioned this last night but I don't want Jamie Knoble to go unnoticed as he went fucking flying when Reigns shoved him so he could spear Finlay

Oh and Luke Harper did a fucking praying sitout powerbomb

I have trouble being impressed when Cena later that night did a dead lift sitout powerbomb.

Ambrose thwarting Rollins cash-in's isn't going to garner explosive reactions with Cena as champion, Bryan on the other hand.. yeah. Ambrose has been dealt a shitty hand on that one, it's an awesome part of the feud but it doesn't work with bi-polar crowds who are so indifferent towards the champ. 

I laughed that the agents came out to break up Reigns/Kane, but weren't brave enough to do the same during the Naomi/Cameron fight.

Would you want to try to break up a fight between two black women? I know I wouldn't.

I would have given $10 million if the ref had shouted "WORLD STAR HIP HOP" while he was watching the fight. 

Of course the ref would do that after Batista leaves.

What was with the horrible production on the show? They were missing spots and finishes and mistimed Kane's run in.

WWE production is insanely overrated anyway. Everyone talks about how great their shows look but they miss spots a fair bit and the constant camera changes give me a headache.

• Like 2

I get that canada is bizarro land and all but I didn't get the crowd not reacting to some of Ambrose's stuff.

That seems to happen a lot. I'm not sure Ambrose or Reigns are as over as a lot of people think they are.

I don't think Goldust is particularly over. He still gets good reactions because of his timing and his knowledge of when and how to work the crowd. I think Ambrose was doing a lot of things right there, things that should have gotten reactions  and they just didn't. 

Oh yeah, Ambrose is doing his job, the crowd just isn't biting. Yet?

Seeing how bad Cody is at Stardust makes me appreciate Goldust more than I ever have.

I think I'm in the minority, but I really liked this Raw, maybe even as much as last week. I thought Roman Reigns' promo was really perfectly written for him. It played to his strengths and really set him up to succeed. There were a ton of great matches, most of which had actual decisive finishes. I don't think I'll ever get tired of Ambrose coming out to stop Rollins, but I feel like the crowd might. Next week, the Authority will have to start taking steps to prevent him from running in or they will look like buffoons. 

Did anyone else watch that Usos match and really want to see an Usos/Briscoes match? It would be bonkers. 

I didn't really like this show much.

Ambrose needs some tights. And I think Bryan is still the only guy I've seen make an Orton match enjoyable for me.

Usos-Wyatts was great again.

Bo-Torito was the highlight.

Sandow wrestling Sheamus after getting knocked out by Bret was pretty stupid.

Reigns cannot carry an opening segment on the mic yet. Dude needs a ton of work in that department. And those pants are awful. Who the fuck was in charge of the post-Shield Shield pants?

All things Ambrose-Rollins were fantastic. Defintely the best feud being built.  I agree that the crowd might not go nuts when someone goes out there and keeps Cena from losing the title, but hopefully it'll eventually be more clear to everyone that it's not about Cena at all.  And it would actually be much worse if Bryan was champ, because then we'd all be bitching that Bryan is being booked weak and having to get bailed out by Ambrose.  Which would be no good for Ambrose.

Bray-Y2J is fun.

Cesaro losing again and then getting manhandled by Big E was terrible.

Oh and no Authority or, more generally, authority figure was very refreshing.

I laughed that the agents came out to break up Reigns/Kane, but weren't brave enough to do the same during the Naomi/Cameron fight.

Would you want to try to break up a fight between two black women? I know I wouldn't.

For real. Growing up with 5 black sisters and a bunch of other black women, you learn to 'let dem bitches fight.'

I think they really don't know who is going to win the IC belt yet. You could argue that the booking is supposed to make everyone look good/like a target, but I ain't. Very few people outside of the main event people haven't looked like total assholing jobbers in the last few years.

Would you want to try to break up a fight between two attractive women who might have a wardrobe malfunction?  I wouldn't consider it unless I had a guaranteed opportunity to get away with copping a feel, and even then I'd probably wait a little.

Thee crowd went into random chant mode for a long Bryan-Orton match back in January or February too. It doesn't have anything to do with how over the wrestlers are. It's just something that a lot of fans are going to want to do in the middle of a long-ish match these days.

I noticed JR's talking point is that people are tired after a long day at work and want quick painless segments, no 20 minute chats to start the show.

If you're going to talk for 20 minutes, at least make it funny and involve several people.