DVDVR Message Board

SON OF A~!

jaedmc

I was partially asking in jest, but you never know, what with the pseudoscientific malarkey flying around like it has been lately.

(Also, as someone on the autistic spectrum I firmly believe the "OMG VACCINES CAUSE AUTISM" malarkey is just that.)

Work is sinking like the Titanic, we're just taking on water at a rapid rate.

So, the boss people are moving deck chairs, of course. Problem is, I'm the deck chair. Lately it seems I work six days a week more often than not, and counting this week, I will have worked 150 hours in three weeks. But I'm not trying hard enough. They're finding a way to blame me and my co-workers for the company's woes when we have so little to do with it it's not funny.

But hey, blame us and that distracts from the real problem, the boss people's incompetence and arrogance. The Dunning-Kruger effect is strong with these ones.

I'd say 100 percent of you are going through a similar situation, but you shouldn't be. LIFE'S NOT FAIR, DAMMIT (sobs) IT'S STILL REAL TO ME, DAMMIT!

I poked myself in the eye and thought nothing of it.  Progressively got works at my girlfriend's housewarming party last night to the point of it tearing up excessively and getting red and my eye swelling up,  Went to urgent care and found out I got a corneal abrasion, a prescription for percocet, antibiotic eye drops ,  and doctor ordered 3 days off work.  

Not happy about the 3 days out off work.  No sick leave , therefore I get paid only on the days I work.  Going to try to make the best of it and watch WWE network while dozing in and out of Percocet induced naps

My daughter got past her scarlet fever, but I picked her up from pre-school today and they said she was running a 101 fever (garden-variety, I presume, since there are no rashes).  I'm glad it's a minor thing, but goddammit, kid, stop getting sick!

So I keep losing my hearing in my left ear, and FINALLY after three ENT visits he decides that I have either and auditory nerve tumor OR Meniere's Disease, which is related to my Barret's Esophagus. So he puts me on prednisone and a diuretic to treat the possible cause of the hearing loss, which may be a water pressure buildup in my inner ear, while we wait to get an MRI to rule out the tumor.

He warned me that the prednisone would cause my acid reflux to flair up (with Barret's the bottom of the esophagus doesn't close up correctly, so GERD is pretty problematic) but of course I didn't listen to him. Flash forward to 45 minutes ago, when I'm standing in my bathroom taking 4 antacids, 2 gas-x, 2 Prilosec, a Zantac and drinking some milk in order to negate the stomach acid that is literally percolating in the back of my mouth.

My left ear seems a little better though, and it's only been 2 days of treatment.

Sorry for your losses, Lamp.

It's in the early stage, and I was confused because it's supposed to be hereditary, then I discovered that my paternal grandmother died of breast AND stomach cancer, which is what Barret's leads to eventually.  I've got at least another 11 years in me!*

*My family has a history of nearly every kind of cancer, so it's not if I get it, it's when/ I accepted that when I was 20.

I made the mistake of getting into a relationship with a girl coming off a 5-year relationship. Basically she had dated this dude since she was 18 and it's just way too soon for her to commit to someone else I guess. It sucks because I was really into her. Still am. We're still friends, maybe something in the future? I don't know.

"Sales of gas masks, bio suits soar as people prepare for possible ebola epidemic."

Ok, leaving aside that there's all of one place in the country that has experienced ebola, and the odds are you aren't in that one place...

GAS MASKS. FOR A NON-AIRBORNE DISEASE.

I weep...

• Like 1

Women complaint, so if you are offended by these, just skip down the page a little.

Three weeks ago, I took a friend of mine as my date to my cousin's wedding. She had broken up with someone a couple of months ago, and the original person I wanted to bring was sick, so she stepped in. We had a damned good time together. Throughout the evening, she had been initiating physical contact (holding hands, stuff like that). At the end of the night, I kiss her on the cheek, and thank her for coming to the wedding. She kisses me on the lips, so we kissed a bit, then she stops and says "I'm not ready to date yet". Told her that was okay, there's no rush, and that we can wait until she is ready.

Fast forward three weeks, and she's ready enough to be dating, but not dating me. Didn't have the decency to tell me either, I found out from a mutual friend. So not only did I not get the girl, I'm not sure how I am going to be able to stay friends with her.

Moral of the story: Don't bring someone you aren't dating with you to a wedding. :lol: