DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Apropos of nothing in particular, am I the only one who thinks "Roman Reigns" is kind of a dumb name?  The last name makes me think of Horshu (which isn't terrible, it's just that it's been done), and the first name is just plain goofy.

Charlie-Brown-Valentine-20.jpg

• Like 20

I was watching Phantasm II with my girlfriend last night & one of the characters in that movie is named Alchemy, "Kimmie for short" & I laughed at the ridiculousness of it. My girlfriend, of course, said she thought it was unique & pretty.

WWE must choose their character names by the higher-ups asking their significant others for recommendations. Sorry about your damn luck, Mojo, etc. :D

Regarding Ambrose, just based on what I've seen, it seems like he's getting the strongest reactions of the 3 right now.  Fans have a tendency to always attach to the guys they aren't supposed to, though.  He's definitely the one I have the most interest in, and legitimately one of the few people on the roster I care to watch.

Rollins is miscast as a heel and Reigns is not credible as a monster. As a singles wrestler he is not as good as his brother was.

Ambrose is being used in the perfect role, he has a manic energy.that always makes him interesting.

I'm just happy to finally see someone acknowledge the talent of Luther Reigns. Truly an underrated talent. 

• Like 2

I'm still waiting for a wrestler to be named Gator McKlusky. (The only reason for that is because one of my uncles used to walk into the room and just say 'Gatorrr McKluskyyy' to me and walk on. I've never understood why, and he refuses to tell me.)

How did I not know that Roman Reigns once played in the CFL?!

Joe_Anoai.jpg

He was in camp with the Vikings as an undrafted free agent, but didn't make the team.

101027.17_display_image.jpg?1300557391

Interesting coincidence. 

Brock's number was 69? Haha.

How did I not know that Roman Reigns once played in the CFL?!

Joe_Anoai.jpg

He was in camp with the Vikings as an undrafted free agent, but didn't make the team.

101027.17_display_image.jpg?1300557391

Interesting coincidence.

Brock's number was 69? Haha.

Maybe it was Rena's idea

• Like 1

Okay, enough! everyone explain to me what's wrong with the card tonight.. Usos and Wyatts in 2/3 falls, Ambrose vs. Rollins, a divas match that could be decent, a main event that will be at worst solid..

It's not that the card itself is terrible, it's just that I have so little interest in the main, it has filtered to my interest in the rest of the card.

• Like 1

I'm with you on the main event, I think it could de a decent match but I have no interest in Cena as champion. I don't know what they could have done though. With Bryan going down, maybe Wyatt? maybe Rollins?  But I would say it was probably too early for those guys. Cesaro should definitely be further along. They've fucked him up bad.

• Like 1

I'll be at Battleground tonight, live! Its a ppv so I'm looking forward to it, and I'm going with a ton of non-fans which I find makes it more fun! Also, if rumors are true I'm hoping for a new world champ tonight!

What's the rumor. Was Def going to watch most of it but the main... am I missing something? I thought the summerslam main event was kinda known already. ..

I'm with you on the main event, I think it could de a decent match but I have no interest in Cena as champion. I don't know what they could have done though. With Bryan going down, maybe Wyatt? maybe Rollins?  But I would say it was probably too early for those guys.

Wyatt would have been set if he went over Cena, so yeah still putting this on them for screwing up.

...man they are turning me into a bitter fan real quick...