DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

The biggest problem with wrestling's perception can be summed up when people ask a fan if they know it's not real. No one ever just thinks you're watching it as they would a normal TV show.

I've gotten pretty good at turning that one around in my old age and making them feel like the dumbass. If you're at all familiar with their TV viewing habits, asking them if they think whatever bullshit reality show they're into is "real" usually puts an end to that.

Here's my standby.

"You know it's fake."

"Hmmmm, you think James Bond isn't really a spy?"

• Like 1

Regarding Ambrose, just based on what I've seen, it seems like he's getting the strongest reactions of the 3 right now.  Fans have a tendency to always attach to the guys they aren't supposed to, though.  He's definitely the one I have the most interest in, and legitimately one of the few people on the roster I care to watch.

Public Notice:

I'm giving vacations out to anyone who feels the need to make fun of others for giving a crap. So if you've got "carelord" in your smug, condescending lexicon, retire it.

Seriously. A bunch of care lords out there.

ban pls

• Like 2

Based on what I've seen, is Ambrose going to be yet another guy who's push won't match the reactions he is getting?

Could be like that for a while, we'll see if he can cross the Bryan-threshold and sustain reactions long enough to force a real push, or if the reactions will fade with uninspired booking.

I'll be at Battleground tonight, live! Its a ppv so I'm looking forward to it, and I'm going with a ton of non-fans which I find makes it more fun! Also, if rumors are true I'm hoping for a new world champ tonight!

• Like 1

I don't know how much of it I'll be able to watch live.  I'm hoping to see as much as possible, but can't always get to a viewing device.  I'd like to see the tag title match, and Ambrose/Rollins.  The main event, unless they pull a swerve deluxe leading into SummerSlam, is the most predictable PPV ending I've seen since Batista winning the Rumble, which it seemed like most everyone expected, and WWE went with, crowd reactions be damned.

Regarding Ambrose, just based on what I've seen, it seems like he's getting the strongest reactions of the 3 right now.  Fans have a tendency to always attach to the guys they aren't supposed to, though.  He's definitely the one I have the most interest in, and legitimately one of the few people on the roster I care to watch.

Rollins is miscast as a heel and Reigns is not credible as a monster. As a singles wrestler he is not as good as his brother was. 

Ambrose is being used in the perfect role, he has a manic energy.that always makes him interesting.

Would love to know if Naomi and Cameron have agreed to lay it in and make it look real between themselves or did a Producer suggest it. Also whether it is stylise choice or they just don't like Cameron's Wrestling strikes.

Apropos of nothing in particular, am I the only one who thinks "Roman Reigns" is kind of a dumb name?  The last name makes me think of Horshu (which isn't terrible, it's just that it's been done), and the first name is just plain goofy.

Battleground looks potentially very decent, despite a weak main-event where noone is buying a title change and a Jericho/Wyatt match that lacks interest because Wyatt gains nothing by beating Jericho and noone wants to see Y2J win this match.

But AJ vs Naomi delivered last month, so there's at least a possibility of two strong Divas matches tonight (though Naomi/Cameron will likely go short, especially if it remains on the pre-show now that Fandango vs Adam Rose has been added. Throw in a IC Title Battle Royale with no really obvious winner (Cesaro, Miz or Bo in that order think the bookies - but they had a bad night a few weeks ago) and an appearance from BNB, a Rusev/Swagger match with topical intrigue, a 2/3 falls Wyatts vs Usos and AMBROSE vs ROLLINS.

If the aforementioned title matches and Jericho/Wyatt hold up, this could yet be a classic. Not sure I'll stay up to the wee London hours, but look forward to seeing it soon enough.

Whatever happens tonight, tomorrow night must end with the following:

AJ/Paige shake hands in the ring.  Emma interrupts...goofily congratulates them both...then the glass breaks.

MA GAWD!  MAH GAWD THAT'S THAT'S KHARMA!!!! KHARMA IS DESTROYING PAIGE!!! KHARMA HAS DESTROYED AJ!!!  AND NOW SHE'S GOT POOR SWEET EMMA CORNERED!  SHE'S SHE'S THEY'RE HUGGING!  KHARMA IS EMBRACING EMMA!!! WHAT DOES IT MEAN???? WHAT DOES IT MEAN????

Screen_Shot_2014_01_08_at_10_27_38_PM.pn