DVDVR Message Board

JULY ANIMATED GIF THREAD

hYg7aYN.gif

it's really fucked up & Vince should cover the costs of fixing all this dude's lingering injuries, if only for his legacy in wrestling

Are you serious?  Vince shouldn't have to pay for this, what the hell did he have to do with Sabu getting his arm maimed?  I get that Vince is the guy who ends up paying for everyone's rehab and shit even after they've been fired, quit, or whatever, but that doesn't mean he needs to pay for everything irresponsible wrestlers do over their careers.  It sucks that Sabu is still dealing with this damn near 20 years later.  Vince has a lot of issues, but he seems to try to keep his guys from taking these type of risks.  Why does he need to pay for the injuries that happened in a company that didn't care enough to not put their employees in situations to be injured?  I know that Vince helped bankroll ECW, but he didn't book that bloodbath. 

I need new contacts, and I have been watching the WWF/WWE for 26 years.  I think Vince should pay for those too.  

Shit if that's the case I need new glasses, and my insurance either pays for glasses or contacts not both.  Vince needs to send a prepaid debit card for all network subscribers.

di00rwr.gif

oh shit...

The documentary and matches on the Jericho DVD set are damn good, but the promos and "after Raw" bits made me fall in love with it.  That one, in particular, with Jericho and Austin carrying on and on and on, trying to one-up each other.  And then Austin offers Jericho a beer and... well...

I need new contacts, and I have been watching the WWF/WWE for 26 years.  I think Vince should pay for those too.  

My girlfriend is pretty flat chested and would be hotter with some titty enhancement...she's watched Vince's product with me for years...wonder if she could get a hookup.

Isn't Sabu pretty well off? Despite his appearance and condition, I thought he had a lot of money saved up.

What makes you think that? Because he just used tape instead of getting actual medical help? Living in a trailer? But even if he did all those things,because he is such a cheapskate,where did he actually made good money to save up? Road expenses must be high,when you're riding with RVD.

My girlfriend is pretty flat chested and would be hotter with some titty enhancement...she's watched Vince's product with me for years...wonder if she could get a hookup.

cagesideseats.com_2.jpg

"I'm listening..."

• Like 3

tumblr_n8ns4hlTgJ1qdkrl2o1_500.gif

I'd have loved seeing them do that to The Wall.

I can't stop watching this.

I recall one time they did that in a 6 man tag against the Jung Dragons, with Mike Sanders catching the guy mid-air in the center of the ring with a powerslam for the win.  Still probably the best context-free finish I've ever seen.

Holy fuck I'd love to see that gif.

And the Van Dam-Sabu promo is fucking gold.

hYg7aYN.gif

it's really fucked up & Vince should cover the costs of fixing all this dude's lingering injuries, if only for his legacy in wrestling

Are you serious?  Vince shouldn't have to pay for this, what the hell did he have to do with Sabu getting his arm maimed?  I get that Vince is the guy who ends up paying for everyone's rehab and shit even after they've been fired, quit, or whatever, but that doesn't mean he needs to pay for everything irresponsible wrestlers do over their careers.  It sucks that Sabu is still dealing with this damn near 20 years later.  Vince has a lot of issues, but he seems to try to keep his guys from taking these type of risks.  Why does he need to pay for the injuries that happened in a company that didn't care enough to not put their employees in situations to be injured?  I know that Vince helped bankroll ECW, but he didn't book that bloodbath. 

Oh buddy. Like Vince hasn't made a lot of paper from ECW and Sabu. Really.

Also I am saying "should" as in that would be swell and I think Sabu deserves it. I'm not making some kind of legalistic case.

That is a big fat middle finger to physically fucked up veterans of wrestling. Wow. (Please, make a joke about how you are a physically fucked up veteran of wrestling too - keep the show going.)

I hope y'all get to chill with Sabu sometime. It'll be a "oh shit, I said some dumb shit on the internet" moment of shame.

(edit: ps. GIF even has a fucking WWE logo. COME ON.)

That is a big fat middle finger to physically fucked up veterans of wrestling. Wow. (Please, make a joke about how you are a physically fucked up veteran of wrestling too - keep the show going.)

I hope y'all get to chill with Sabu sometime. It'll be a "oh shit, I said some dumb shit on the internet" moment of shame.

(edit: ps. GIF even has a fucking WWE logo. COME ON.)

I think you're being a tad overdramatic. Nobody said anything they should be ashamed of - the assertion that Vince should pay for the medical bills of everyone that ever appeared on WWE programming is kind of silly - WWE already does more than they have to. For example, Sabu could go into rehab for any drug issues he might have and Vince would pay for that.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

yeah, I guess

I'm just a bit miffed that the mere suggestion that the monopoly man helps out one of our legends, who really is not in an awesome place at all, would lead someone to joke about their contacts

being around that dude made an impact, is all - his physical state is no joke

hYg7aYN.gif

Oh buddy. Like Vince hasn't made a lot of paper from ECW and Sabu. Really.

Also I am saying "should" as in that would be swell and I think Sabu deserves it. I'm not making some kind of legalistic case.  

Of course it would be nice if Vince paid his medical bills, but a lot of people like to make Vince responsible for the decisions of every wrestler.  Don't get me wrong I wish all of these guys had some way to take care of all of their injuries, but just deciding that a guy who is already paying for a bunch of shit he doesn't have to should pay more is just crazy to me especially when it didn't happen on Vince's watch. 

Any money Vince/WWE makes from those ECW DVDs gets all the guys on the DVDs royalty checks, so Sabu and any other ECW guy were getting quarterly checks from them for a long time. Heck, they probably still are, even though they likely aren't as big as they once were. What the guys choose to do with that money isn't up to Vince or anybody else.

• Like 4