DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 6-30-14 - Return of McMahonDow!

MGFanJay

The opening was so great, with HHH doing Cena's wackiness and Steph DANCING TO CENA'S THEME! Seth-RVD was pretty good all things considered. Each guy looked like the walking dead, but still managed to do stuff - very impressive work from RVD especially. LANA'S CLEAVAGE SPOKE before Zeb interrupted and they made a star for one night with Swagger getting a huge chant. Swagger should pay Zeb at least 60% of his check because he's the whole act right now. With the face turn of Swagger, this felt like a post-WM reset show. Wyatts 6-man was fun at points.  Nikki in what appeared to be blackface with Steph was amusing. Bo's minute of silence for Barrett and Bryan was amusing. Shame that Barrett's out for months. It did at least do some greatness with Cesaro going apeshit over an app loss to Kofi and redoing the Bryan-Nigel post stuff with the shoulder instead of the head. McMahondow was glorious too. Miz's return was top-notch and he should really have Maryse with him for this act. JERICHO IS BACK HOLY SMOKABLES! Jericho-Wyatt is going to be amazing. AJ's return was a shocker as well. Ditto her title win AND THE DOUBLE TURN! This is easily the biggest Raw since the post-WM one. It got bigger with a cash-in tease prevented by Ambrose and the show-closing HHH-Reigns staredown. Must-see show.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/06/wwe-raw-6-30-14.html

Screens -

9d8035336078656.jpg

I'M THE MARINE, DAMMIT!

ce36c4336078706.jpg

7de539336078723.jpg

103397336065306.jpg

Tuck Fradition

090541336065341.jpg

5bcd89336065357.jpg

e3cc8a336069343.jpg

e7464a336083065.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/k20cmkmz03m97b7fh17ce8n0m3vdl3c5

Yeah, you guys will have a very hard time convincing me anything that happened on this show matter other than the return of AJ MOTHERFUCKING LEE.

The weird butterfly belt is back where it belongs, baby!

• Like 5

You know, I don't think A.J.'s really pregnant.

if she is pregnant then we will be able to see the baby kick from the 6th row   :P

I wonder if Stephanie McMahon dance party is a new weekly feature on RAW or on the Network in the future

I might be alone but I am glad that Bray Wyatt attacked Chris Jericho because someone should be punished for that god awful 10 - 20 minutes before the interview on his podcasts  

• Like 1

Nice to see AJ's back to kill the Divas division deader than she did during her last reign.

Yeah, that never happened.  It was the most over the division had been since Trish and Lita.

• Like 7

Really great show, I am pumped for Jericho-Harper and Jericho-Wyatt. AJ Lee returning was a welcome surprise. Sandow was the highlight for me, shame he had to go get bitched out by Stephanie and chopped by Khali. A Swagger face turn? That was well done.

A match ended during a commercial break, that was interesting. That beat down was brutal, especially the throws over the table and the ring post spot

My sole complaint, screw that ref in the attempted cash in. When Del Rio had an injured ankle they kicked the doctor out of the ring, when Bryan cashed in Show was KO'd. Hopefully that gets addressed, I think it might since Trips audibly called him an idiot.

This was a great Raw. So much shit happened and most of it was great. I couldn't believe how over Swagger was and the pop he got tonight, it was nuts. This was probably the most he's ever seemed like a legit star. Did anyone gif Lana's condescending laugh at Zeb? The Adam Rose/Santino segment was fucking utterly bizarre. I'm not remotely excited for Jericho's return, he's on the same level as Van Dam to me where every time he comes back it's exponentially worse. Jericho was probably the only thing on the show I didn't care for but other than that this was awesome. Ambrose is a megastar in the making he is going to be huge as a babyface which still seems weird to me.

I missed the first 10 minutes but Cena coming out wearing the belts like a fucking scarf and knowing full well he looks like an idiot is delightful.

This is what we call an important episode.

Super-Patriot (face) Swagger has some incredible potential.

Y2AJ~~~

and the first tease of HHH-Reigns one on one. 

This was acceptable.

someone remind me why I'm supposed to cheer for the two guys who are extremely racist and xenophobic. But, that's par the course for WWE babyfaces. The heels have more face qualities than the actual faces on the roster.

• Like 2

You know, I don't think A.J.'s really pregnant.

Have you learned nothing.   There's always Plan B.

21o6fqg.gif

Damn you that was glorious even with the stupid showboating .gif added in.

Not only are you being a magnificent bastard, but you know it.  Asshole.  ;)

As a dude with the unfortunate habit of chatting up married/engaged ladies, I totally recognized AJ's passive aggressive hand gesture/hair brushing move as a classic move whereby a girl shows off her ring without being totally blatant about it.

Nice job, Phil.

someone remind me why I'm supposed to cheer for the two guys who are extremely racist and xenophobic. But, that's par the course for WWE babyfaces. The heels have more face qualities than the actual faces on the roster.

I'm just suddenly amazed that I'm looking forward to a Jack Swagger feud.  What the hell just happened?

The power of Rusev, that's what!  Lana losing her shit...not being able to control Rusev, screaming like she was trying to control a bear Liam Neeson.  Swagger being just silent and dumb.  Zeb finally getting to play to the crowd.

I'm telling you, Rusev is the shit! They found a way to move him up a bit to another Hoss...who will fail to break his hold.  Now if they just let Swagger get his new patriotic pops for a month and then let him get crushed like a martyr, Rusev will have successfully levelled up.  This could be the step toward him destroying people who matter a bit more.  Turn some heels babyface for a month or two so they can be fed to him.  Del Rio, Sheamus, BNB, Big Show...Yes, some of those feuds will suck in and of themselves...but Rusev will be a big midcard meat torpedo flying toward WM32 and yes I could have phrased that last bit better.

WM32 Rusev vs. Zayn HOWCANSAMIPOSSIBLYSURVIVETHECAMELCLUTCHT!!!!!???

BOOK IT!