DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I know storyline wise it will probably be Steph that Bryan hands the belts to, but I think it would make more sense and show more importance if Vince was the one to whom he handed the belts

He doesn't have to hand the physical belt to anyone to be stripped of the title. If he does, the correct way to do it (which they won't allow) is for him to hit her with it and drop the belt on her prone body while the crowd chants yes.

He wouldn't have even needed to hand over the belts. Last week they could have had Steph strip him of the championship last week, but had Bryan refuse to hand over the belts. Then they declare who ever wins MITB the champ, while Bryan says he's the real champ since he has the belts and was never beaten for the title. Then do a unification match when Bryan is ready.

• Like 1

On behalf of Rippa, I'd like to go ahead and just put out a warning to everyone now about Layla gifs this evening.

Think once.  Think twice.  Think "Is anything good going to result from doing this?"

"just tryin' to save lives." - Jay Santos: Citizen's Auxiliary Police

Was there a wardrobe malfunction? I'm at work and can't watch live tonight.

Don't concern yourself, citizen.  This is not a matter that needs to be in your life.

THERE IS NOTHING TO SEE.  Just pull to the side where you see the flare drop and we'll let you know when it's safe to go into the RAW thread.

Rollins is not taking the belt, mark my words.  Reigns maybe.  Bray would be good for a heel champ.  I can't help but think they'll want to get Bryan back into the picture when he returns and Bray would be a good set-up and a long feud.  Cesaro maybe.

It's going to suck so bad when Miz wins the belt you guys

Not unless it leads to a WWE Title made out of Miz, worn by you know who.

I want Buffalo Brock to keep The Miz in a giant hole lowering him a bucket of lotion to keep Miz's skin soft to make that belt.

• Like 2

Maybe my desire to see a newer face on top outweighs all of this "paper champion" talk, but if Seth Rollins ends up as WWE WHC, I'd be perfectly fine with it. I didn't think Rock was ready in '98 or Foley or HHH in '99, but obviously time proved me wrong on those-- I'd love that element of surprise again. Orton and Cena held them too recently, and as great as Kane has been in his Authority role and with the Team Hell No stuff before it, I really have no desire to see him as champ. I'm not a huge Sheamus guy, and I'm still holding out hope that my Cesaro/Sheamus/Barrett "Team Europe" stable will come to fruition., so in my guesstimation, he's out. Plus, I think having a guy on his level as US champ is great for the status of the title amongst the average viewer. Until Bryan can go, I think they should shock the shit out of everyone and go with a Rollins or hell, even Wyatt. Sure, some may say he's not ready, but he just had a long, arduous (to watch..) program with Cena-- if the average fan isn't going to buy Wyatt now, when will they?

What about Brock? Sure, he's a part timer, but he's hot off the 'Taker win, and in my opinion, I think it does a lot to raise the profile and mystique of the title when the champion isn't on TV every week. I was probably in the minority, but I thought it was fantastic when the Rock had it between RR and WM last year for that very reason. Plus, it might do a whole lot of good for the the IC and US titles to have them contested in the TV/PPV main events on a more regular basis, as some were alluding to above with TNA and even UFC.

You didn't think Rock was ready when he won? You had to be in the minority right? I feel like that whole sequence of events was exactly right.

Full disclosure: I was really, really, really young, and still held the mindset that he was an IC-level guy at the time of the Deadly Games tourney. I've watched those tapes many, many times since, and although it makes more sense in retrospect, I'm trying to approach the current title situation with the same level of kneejerkedness (?) that I did in those days

You didn't think Rock was ready when he won? You had to be in the minority right? I feel like that whole sequence of events was exactly right.

Full disclosure: I was really, really, really young, and still held the mindset that he was an IC-level guy at the time of the Deadly Games tourney. I've watched those tapes many, many times since, and although it makes more sense in retrospect, I'm trying to approach the current title situation with the same level of kneejerkedness (?) that I did in those days

How young we talking? Because I like the idea of a 8 year old kid being like, "The Rock ain't ready for that kind of responsibility! Being WWE champ is way harder than taking care of a puppy!"

I remember when I was young and I was like "Now that the Hart Foundation have the titles, they're going to have huge targets on their backs! I hope they'll be okay."

Maybe my desire to see a newer face on top outweighs all of this "paper champion" talk, but if Seth Rollins ends up as WWE WHC, I'd be perfectly fine with it. I didn't think Rock was ready in '98 or Foley or HHH in '99, but obviously time proved me wrong on those-- I'd love that element of surprise again. Orton and Cena held them too recently, and as great as Kane has been in his Authority role and with the Team Hell No stuff before it, I really have no desire to see him as champ. I'm not a huge Sheamus guy, and I'm still holding out hope that my Cesaro/Sheamus/Barrett "Team Europe" stable will come to fruition., so in my guesstimation, he's out. Plus, I think having a guy on his level as US champ is great for the status of the title amongst the average viewer. Until Bryan can go, I think they should shock the shit out of everyone and go with a Rollins or hell, even Wyatt. Sure, some may say he's not ready, but he just had a long, arduous (to watch..) program with Cena-- if the average fan isn't going to buy Wyatt now, when will they?

What about Brock? Sure, he's a part timer, but he's hot off the 'Taker win, and in my opinion, I think it does a lot to raise the profile and mystique of the title when the champion isn't on TV every week. I was probably in the minority, but I thought it was fantastic when the Rock had it between RR and WM last year for that very reason. Plus, it might do a whole lot of good for the the IC and US titles to have them contested in the TV/PPV main events on a more regular basis, as some were alluding to above with TNA and even UFC.

Damien Sandow is a newer guy and giving him a role as transitional champ would lead to one hell of an entertaining rant from Brian Fowler.