DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I don't typically expect much from the divas, I think Charlotte-Nattie set out to avoid that. They worked a smart match that had some emotion behind it that probably 99% of the diva matches lack. It felt like it mattered as opposed to the usual 3 minute nothing I usually expect.

Joe thought he was too good to be Umaga, imagine if he'd come in and fucking dogged that gimmick by trying to be too cool for it? That would have been far worse than any good Joe could do. And alternate reality phantom lord whining that WWE wasted him by not letting him be a short fat tough guy that should have ended that streak and beaten Cena clean six months in a row.

Has there ever even any real evidence that "Joe turned down the Umaga gimmick" story actually happened? I always assumed it was dirtsheet BS. Has anyone credible gone on record with it?

I'm legit asking, not just rippin on FSW.

Joe himself had said that Johnny Ace told him he had a great spot for him, but turned it down. This was an interview he did one of the he times his contract was up with TNA.

He didn't elaborate on what the spot was.

Soon after this, Umaga debuted,so everyone put two and two together and thought that was going to be Joe's gimmick.

I don't think they've outright said it but timing seems to indicate it was true.

I recall reading Umaga was Jamal's idea and never something for Samoa Joe. Man, Jamal's AJPW run was what helped me get into Puro, I miss him.

If Umaga was slated for Samoa Joe imagine how differently things play out. Samoa Joe with Vince McMahon, Samoa Joe vs Santino Marella in his debut match. Weird to think about.

I think Joe as Umaga would have been as successful as the Tensai gimmick. He just doesn't have the look for it with his pompadour, and without making too many waves, he looks more like a Latino dude then he does Samoan.

For the "Nattie sucks" people...  why don't you go ahead and give me the names of the divas who are better than her and WHY they are better than her. I'd love to shred your argument to pieces because I doubt there are more than two..

Honestly, I think FSW posts are the only spot I've ever seen that story.

I'm pretty sure I did read that somewhere else but fuck if I know where..

I think Joe as Umaga would have been as successful as the Tensai gimmick. He just doesn't have the look for it with his pompadour, and without making too many waves, he looks more like a Latino dude then he does Samoan.

Also Joe doesn't look tough fat. He looks fat fat. And the trunks up to his nipples didn't help.

Anyway after consulting my mind palace I believe it was trusted news from renowned pro wres insider Ryan Clark on pro wrestling.com

It is hard to look good when the bulk of your work is Total Divas related. Seriously, there is a thread for that show on here, I have never seen that show nor read that thread. I fear it is like the Nothing in the Never Ending Story, destroying all.

For the "Nattie sucks" people...  why don't you go ahead and give me the names of the divas who are better than her and WHY they are better than her. I'd love to shred your argument to pieces because I doubt there are more than two..

Being a better worker than most of the divas on the roster is a lot like winning a "Best Shit Sandwich" award.

For the "Nattie sucks" people... why don't you go ahead and give me the names of the divas who are better than her and WHY they are better than her. I'd love to shred your argument to pieces because I doubt there are more than two..

Being a better worker than most of the divas on the roster is a lot like winning a "Best Shit Sandwich" award.
Ha says you. They got the female Ric Flair in developmental! She's not even good enough for the bigs so obviously they're all better than naitch

Great. This whole discussion hinges on Fat Spanish Waiter reading a "rumblings" post from a message board nearly 10 years ago.

Like he knew how to read ten years ago.

FSW: "What the hell does Yokozuna have to do with the Hart Foundation and why do people keep saying that?!"

Under the category of ridiculous things I actually believe, the Briscoes have never been given a proper shot because they have "it" and would get over huge and immediately become a liability

Huh, and I just always chalked it up the amount of drugs I assume they use.

And the fact that one day Jay Briscoe learned what Twitter was. That was their big mistake.

• Like 1

Great. This whole discussion hinges on Fat Spanish Waiter reading a "rumblings" post from a message board nearly 10 years ago.

Like he knew how to read ten years ago.

FSW: "What the hell does Yokozuna have to do with the Hart Foundation and why do people keep saying that?!"

I know your education system is one of the worst in the world but how late do you guys learn? Every Englishman is able to read at the age of three.

• Like 2

I don't think Nattie is bad per say as she is incredibly prone to not giving a damn. And it's clear as day when she doesn't care.