DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Miz is the special combo of average stature and weak looking offense. Nothing he does looks like it hurts. When he was rising up the ranks he got by with his mouth. Once he was put in the main event the top guys looked silly selling for him.

It's really easy to forget, but when Miz was doing his 'undefeated streak' over an injured John Cena, he was probably the most interesting thing on Raw. Granted, that probably says more about the quality of raw at the time, but it was easy to see why he was viewed highly.

I would also say that of all the people who have been asked to change their character to 'Chris Jericho Impression', Miz is the only one I can think of that actually stayed over and ran with it.

Miz is a also a victim of WWE miscasting. He's pretty good as a chickenshit heel. But they keep trying to make him out to be a badass and it's laughable.

All he needed was an out-of-nowhere lights out finisher and he could have been amazing...winning matches where he clearly didn't deserve to.  But the move he had was too complicated and required him to beat the other guy up first.

So they replaced it with a submission that requires you to beat a guy up even more.

I mean, I know a great easy finisher would get anyone over so this is kind of a dumb argument..but man, with his mouth and image and shittiness, something like a stunner or an RKO would have been huge.

"Can the real wrestler avoid that sneaky move long enough to outwrestle that little snake???"

• Like 1

I always feel like Miz would've benefited from a Honky Tonk Man style reign as WWE Champion. There's NO WAY he should've been booked to even try to be strong.

It also probably hurt him that his first championship feud was against JERRY LAWLER of all people. 

• Like 1

Miz is the special combo of average stature and weak looking offense. Nothing he does looks like it hurts. When he was rising up the ranks he got by with his mouth. Once he was put in the main event the top guys looked silly selling for him.

Pretty much described Punk there

• Like 3

I always feel like Miz would've benefited from a Honky Tonk Man style reign as WWE Champion. There's NO WAY he should've been booked to even try to be strong.

It also probably hurt him that his first championship feud was against JERRY LAWLER of all people. 

The Lawler feud was a ton of fun, and a great callback to when Lawler was one of top stars of the 80's in Memphis. Both guys did a great job of creating scenarios where you could easily suspend disbelief and picture Lawler in his prime at the Mid-South Coliseum. 

The Lawler feud was a ton of fun, and a great callback to when Lawler was one of top stars of the 80's in Memphis. Both guys did a great job of creating scenarios where you could easily suspend disbelief and picture Lawler in his prime at the Mid-South Coliseum. 

It was great in a bubble, but I don't think the average WWE fan even knows that the Mid-South Coliseum exists. All they saw was the old announcer guy who used to be a wrestler beating up the WWE Champion.

• Like 1

It was great in a bubble, but I don't think the average WWE fan even knows that the Mid-South Coliseum exists. All they saw was the old announcer guy who used to be a wrestler beating up the WWE Champion.

I remember them doing a good job of promoting Lawler's past and pushing the idea of one final run for Lawler in gaining the major national title he never held (and while I really liked his 1988 AWA title win over Hennig, that was not a major title at that point).

i think you're underestimating how much the average fan would've bought Lawler as a WWE Championship threat. Regardless of what WWE tried to tell its audience, we were still watching an old man beat up the WWE Champion. I'm not even sure if Ric Flair could've pulled off being a credible title feud at that point. A one off match is fine but dragging it into a feud was a bit much.

1) Don't any of y'all pretend your weren't rooting the fuck out Lawler to beat the Miz. Your Miz hate had nothing to do with it. It was more Lawler proving why he is still a king in Memphis.

2) WWE.com has their yearly "Let's remind people of what a bad ass Wade Barrrett is in real life by showing off his horrible scar and story" reminder up.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/the-scars-of-the-superstars/

Man, some of those scars are for pussies. Some of them are products of stupid shit done in matches.

Why do I feel like Miz's title run exposed him and ruined his career? I don't remember him being as awful or hated before he won the WWE Championship.

He wasn't bad before he won the title. I don't know what it was, but after he lost the title he became terrible.