DVDVR Message Board

The Great WWE Stock Crash of 2014

Reed

So, the richer you are, the less of a sense of humor you have? Makes sense. One of my pharmacists thinks Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother are the funniest things she's ever seen. She's also Russian, so...

I don't get  how Once Upon a Time in Wonderland is in that second list. Rich and Poor people watch Once Upon a Time but since Wonderland doesn't have Lana Parrilla's pantssuits rich people don't watch it too?

Illogically, i can see Vince (and/or the McMahon-Hemsley Alliance) blaming Danielson.

This guy writes about pro wrestling and tries to charge money for it

Are you just going scorched earth to get banned now?

• Like 1

That "poor" list is skewed by college students, hence all the animation and sci-fi.

The answer to the WWE's woes, clearly, is a battle for control between dueling GMs Ed O'Neill and Nick Offerman.

• Like 1

That "poor" list is skewed by college students, hence all the animation and sci-fi.

The answer to the WWE's woes, clearly, is a battle for control between dueling GMs Ed O'Neill and Nick Offerman.

Ron Swanson as the new Raw GM would be the greatest thing in wrestling history. 

I bet investors bought the "NASCAR money" thing because hey, NASCAR is seen as for backwoods hicks and so is wrestling and they are both live entertainment, etc.

The problem is that NASCAR is seen as a legitimate sport and pro wrestling is seen as guys pretend-fighting in trunks, at least by advertisers. 

I don't know how WWE can convince advertisers that their audience has buying power other than by commissioning studies that show this unequivocally, but maybe the carny stigma of pro wrestling is just too deeply ingrained into our culture when it comes to how we judge the typical pro wrestling viewer. I still get people who say, "You watch pro wrestling? But you know it's fake, right?" as if we all don't watch, enjoy, and get caught up in our favorite scripted programming. 

• Like 1

There has to be a fear of being the  one guy in the board room who raises his hand and meekly says "What about WWF?"

and is immediately gunned down by ED-209.

What they need is someone fearless and with vision at NBC:

aGLac8X.gif?1

This guyyyyyyyyyy!

• Like 6

Ron Swanson as the new Raw GM would be the greatest thing in wrestling history. 

I'd also pay to see Al Bundy as RAW GM, but I'm not sure if it would draw in those prestigious high income viewers. 

People getting their panties in a bunch over this is hilarious.  WWE stock has corrected, and the people pushing the "oust Vince" narrative apparently bought their shares on a long put, which means they want to drive the stock as low as possible before their time is up and then they'll sell at a healthy profit.

WWE stock is back at its 18 month average, I'm not sure why everyone's blowing their brains out about this.

• Like 1

People getting their panties in a bunch over this is hilarious. WWE stock has corrected, and the people pushing the "oust Vince" narrative apparently bought their shares on a long put, which means they want to drive the stock as low as possible before their time is up and then they'll sell at a healthy profit.

WWE stock is back at its 18 month average, I'm not sure why everyone's blowing their brains out about this.

No, that investment firm went short on it from $30 to $11, closed out after a 60% return, and are now long, meaning they've already made all the money they're going to make from a drop in the price. At this point they're anticipating an increase in the share price, not a decrease. If it drops more, they lose money. The company just lost 2\3 of their value in a matter of weeks, it's a pretty big fucking deal.

Again, the "ouster Vince" talk is because of how off they were with the TV fees/network subscriber numbers (And yes, Vince DID say shareholders could guarantee a huge increase He added fuel to the fire comparing themselves to NASCAR, it wasn't some analyst as JP Morgan who realized the demographics between the 2 were similar). Further, yeah it's within its 18-month range, but over the past 10 years it's remained within the same $8-$16 range, despite being the entire North American wrestling industry. To top it all off, they've been able to INCREASE revenue during this entire period, yet they've become less and less profitable every year because SG&A costs keep increasing.

It's one thing to blame management for stagnant stock price because consumers simply aren't buying the pro-d-uct, it's another thing entirely when profitability dwindles because management can't keep costs under control and uses the cash balance to paythemselves dividends despite not having sufficient net income.

• Like 1