DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA Playoffs - Round of 4

Dolfan in NYC

The problem is that with LeBron having such an off game and Vogel dismissing Lance's tactics as being good defense in the post-conference....Lance just has more ammunition for Game 6.

But it's going to horribly backfire then.

Also still, good GOD Paul George.

The problem is that with LeBron having such an off game and Vogel dismissing Lance's tactics as being good defense in the post-conference....Lance just has more ammunition for Game 6.

But it's going to horribly backfire then.

Also still, good GOD Paul George.

For our entertainment, we want Lance to continue to act a fool so good on Frank Vogel.  He probably thinks that if he yells at Lance, he'll be a baby about it and play horribly.

I know it will never happen since the Sixers are now building their team responsibly, but I would do anything for a max-spaced Lance to play in my city for the next five years. Everything is on the table with that guy in terms of lunacy. Crazy guys who aren't as good as they think they are make the NBA great.

That's also what's essentially happening with Spurs/OKC. The Spurs, tactically, are by far the best team in basketball. But KD and Russ are the best two players on the court, and Parker's a distance third. And I *LOVE* Parker, but when you have two sick freaks playing like the baddest dudes alive, and Serge Ibaka hawking the interior like a monster, all of the ball screens and great passing is sort of for naught. Sometimes having a 6'11" dude doing a Larry Bird impersonation and the most athletic PG possibly ever flying down the lane is all you need.

I really want the Cavs to max sign Lance, because I feel like I haven't truly enjoyed basketball until I've seen Dion Waiters and Lance Stephenson share a court and a basketball. Maybe share isn't the optimal word.

• Like 1

I love Lebron's reaction, but not quite as much as I love Lance being Lance.  GIFs like this are pretty much the internet at its peak.  

RawWetFlatcoatretriever.gif

I will be busting this one out 10 years from now.

• Like 3

At the risk of horrifying Marv...  The Spurs have taken the Thunder back to that old woodshed tonight.

Seriously, this got goddamned ugly in a hurry in the second half.

Has there even been a seven game series where every single one was a blowout? Because I don't see games 6 or 7 being any different than this.

Wasn't there a Miami/Atlanta series from 2008 or 2009 that went seven and each game was decided by 10+? I could be wrong but I think the home team won every game as well.

Just to go back to Pacers/Heat Game 5 --

I hate that "LeBron should have taken the shot" is a talking point. Why isn't the talking point "Chris Bosh needs to make that shot?" Because that's the real thing right there.

Also, I think NBA coaches learned their lesson after last playoffs when a lack of bigs at the rim let LBJ drive uncontested for a few last-second shots. I hated when that happened last year. LeBron at the rim is essentially a guaranteed shot. Making LeBron pass the ball adds at least a little bit of a variable -- maybe Bosh bobbles the pass; maybe someone gets a hand on the ball; Bosh taking a mid-range shot isn't as good as LBJ driving to the rim, etc.

I 100% agree with Gregg. I think it is the hottest of hot takes and always has been. Every concedes that Lebron makes the correct basketball play there, so the argument is basically "Well, Kobe and MJ wouldn't have passed it". If we all agree that passing the ball to a wide open shooter is the correct play and not taking a contested lay up, perhaps it isn't Lebron we should be reevaluating. 

In regards to the other series, I think Pop may go with a Duncan/Bonner/Leonard/Manu/Parker starting five and try to blow the game out early in OKC.