DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA Playoffs - Round of 4

Dolfan in NYC

I never really got into the whole "Scott Brooks is a bad coach" talk very much, until this series. He reached Thibs level of running his guys into the ground, and had NO contingency in place to account for the possibility that KD and Westbrook wouldn't be able to get their shots. There is like, no rhyme or reason to the offense on this team. I know they won't get rid of him, but I'd love to see what a coach with some knowledge of offensive execution could do with two of the top 5 players in the league.

I loved last night when they kept showing Brooks drawing up plays at the end of the game last night. Do you think he actually drew out "ok, pass it in and then try and get the ball to Kevin or Russ going away from the basket about 40' out" or does he just draw pictures of James Harden riding a unicorn and Jeremy Lamb as a werewolf?

• Like 3

Anyone on Twitter or elsewhere on the Internet blaming Russ for anything to do w/ OKC's loss needs to lose their right to human communication. OKC has so little depth and they have no secondary offense once their first option breaks down. Brooks is pretty bad.

The Spurs are a better basketball team than OKC. They take care of every little detail. I think my favorite thing about the Spurs is watching them on a rebound or given up a made shot. They get the ball immediately to Tony or Manu or even Kawhi no who runs the ball up before starting the play. That really saves them 2-3 seconds on every possession right there. They just get up the court, start their motion, and if nothing's there, they have time to reset or run a secondary set. They know those 2-3 seconds really makes a difference.

They're just a fantastic joy to watch.

• Like 1

Big Bubber was clubbering the OKC bigs in the paint. And then he can hit threes and distribute from the top of the arc. Always loved that guy. *tears up reminiscing of Walton commentary*

This gif says it all about the Spurs. So fluid. So graceful. God, I hope they beat Miami this year.

diaw3.gif

Also on that .gif -- look at how open Danny Green is on the other side from Diaw. He's just as open. Absolutely sick set.

Anyone on Twitter or elsewhere on the Internet blaming Russ for anything to do w/ OKC's loss needs to lose their right to human communication. OKC has so little depth and they have no secondary offense once their first option breaks down. Brooks is pretty bad.

I don't have a problem with anyone saying that as long as they are acknowledging the reason is because he was the team mvp in the playoffs. So sink or swim with him. People are desperate for stars to have that killer instinct and he has it. These bumps in the road will be good for him long term. Of course he will get beat up a bit when he misses that kind of shot. That is what happens when you play with the best pure shooter in the game. He shoots too many threes for the percentage he hits. They are both 25 and still finding their way. Add some depth and get rid of that stiff Perkins and watch out. 

Seriously almost any team wishes they could have this type of competitive "problem"

bny0d64ciaaf8jf_medium.jpg

• Like 1

Well you might be right about that but I can really only go on my own thoughts and perceptions. Try to have a consistent standard based on them. Could just be seeing what I want to see based on being a fan of Westbrook. A part of my reason for the comment of being 25 is just looking back at how some people were trying to define James' legacy far too early. I think Westbrook mostly needs to learn when, possibly how, to scale back the energy at times. I can understand why some people are impatient with them. The window can close unexpectedly early due to many different circumstances. LIke with Ming and McGrady as an example.