DVDVR Message Board

RAW spoilers, 29th July 2013.

The Natural

I'm digging savvy veteran Christian. He could have a good feud with Del Rio. 

Daniel Bryan's corporate makeover could be hilarious. Or it could be a disaster, but I'm trying to be optimistic. Bryan and HHH are funny guys, it depends how much Vince hams it up and what Steph does during the segment.

I liked what I saw last night, which was admittedly minimal.I really liked Cena/Ryback. That was a total slugfest. I loved Ryback breaking apart tables. That makes him look like a psycho. I also loved the spot where Ryback crawled under the ring to set Cena up for a move on the floor. They need to hype that side of Ryback up more. He's adapting! He's adding to his in-ring strategy once he learned just brute physicality can only get him so far.

I'm SO GLAD Bryan's winning with small packages. One of my least favorite things in wrestling is how only finishers can seal victories with any regularity. I think the WWE (or all of wrestling) would get so many more interesting in-ring story opportunities if every so often a guy lost to a move that wasn't a finisher. And since a small package can come at anytime in a match, I'll buy into flash pins from Bryan right away.

They didn't re-use the finish at all. Mr. Small Package is simply establishing his new finishing maneuver. It's going to lead to at least two awesome near-falls at SS.

If he breaks out the "Where I'm from, they call me Mr. Small Package!", Cena might self-combust from an overload of juvenile responses coming to him.
  • Like 1

Christian busted out the three-quarter-nelson pin of death...he's a WINNER~!  *self-back-pat*

If Alberto were any kind of proper heel he'd have been complaining tthat the ref was in a position where he couldn't see his shoulders. Fun match though, even if it's leading to a failed title shot for Christian. I'd almost forgotten how great Christian is.

I really liked the opening segment last night. I thought it started the show off with a bang, and any time someone interacts with Vince, it makes them seem like a main eventer, especially when the interaction is adversarial. 

I loved Kane outsmarting the Wyatts for a split second and just running straight at Bray, which was great. I also liked that Bray has his muscle, but acts as though he isn't chickenshit, which is nice. 

I hope RVD having the Chikara symbol on his trunks is part of the plot that Quack has laid out, and the reason that RVD looks as though he hasn't lost a step is because he is being controlled by the eye of tyr. 

Hated the show last night. I loved RAW the last two weeks but last night was really hard for me to sit through & I found myself changing the channel quite often over to The Food Network to watch Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives. I know why, too. It's because there's so many people on the roster that I don't care about & seemingly all of them get television time. Or at least they did last night. So I went to WWE.com today to see how many people on the roster I legitimately enjoy: I got to about ten. However there's about double that of people that I do not want to watch.

In example, to me, I don't care how good a match is between Alberto Del Rio Vs. Christian. I simply do not want to watch it. I do not care about either guy, have never cared about either guy & will not ever care about either guy. I guess Christian was OK during the Edge & Christian days, at least he was funny, but unless he's in a ladder match or a TLC match, I just don't care to watch him. I don't really care if he can have a solid albeit forgettable match on free TV. I would rather just watch something else. So I did.

Same with Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, all of the Divas (whom had multiple matches last night...), Curtis fucking Axel, that jobber fuck, R-Truth (what!?), Kane, There's a lot.

Love the Wyatt family entrance. That's pretty epic. I like Summer Rae but have really soured on Fandango. The gimmick is fine to me but he's just not a really good wrestler. He seems lost a lot of the time. So I find myself tuning out, mentally.

Did not care about the main event at all. Why is Ryback that high on the card still?

Is "that jobber fuck" a separate wrestler whose name you can't remember, or does it pertain to Curtis Axel or R Truth? Just curious. 

Ha ha. I meant Axel. :D

I also had no idea RAW was taped last night. I barely keep up with things online anymore.

I liked last night. With it being taped, the show felt more relaxed without it being boring and there were a ton of good matches.

I am curious though, has there been ANY explanation story-wise why Vince would want the title off of Cena? If that's going to be a major plot point for the main event of your second biggest PPV of the year, you think you would explain that rather than just have it come up.

Also, Skelemania makes me sad.

I am curious though, has there been ANY explanation story-wise why Vince would want the title off of Cena? If that's going to be a major plot point for the main event of your second biggest PPV of the year, you think you would explain that rather than just have it come up.

He said it was because John Cena walks around like he owns the place & thinks he's better than people, or something. Was pretty loose.

Sort of confused as to why they are positioning Vince against Cena.

I think it's to make sure you know that Cena is still a good guy, despite being the overwhelming favorite instead of the traditional "odds being stacked against him" story heading into a match. 

Because the guy that held that belt 15 years ago had it set up that way and it made them a lot of money.

Didn't Vince say that he wants someone like HHH (but younger) as his champion? He wants another corporate face. Bryan nor Cena (both faces) don't fit his image of a champion.I actually like Vince/HHH/Steph for now. Say what you want, but they have a lot of star power (well, not Steph). They're pulling the strings in the background and limiting themselves to a few short, non-live promos each. They get insufferable when they prattle on and on and on in live segments -- especially Steph, who completely blows as an actress. They're going to be around all year so as long as they're kept in the shadows I'm fine with things.I'm pretty sure they're also setting up Randy Orton: Heel Corporate Champion after he cashes in the title. I'm really into that idea. Orton was the biggest snore in the WWE for a few years until he won the briefcase. Having it and stating already that he will cash it in when it best suits him -- the opposite of Cena and the move of every slimeball champ -- give him something interesting. Randy turning heel and wearing the tailored suits he wore circa Evolution has a lot more legs than "Randy Orton Pretends To Be A Snake."

I'm halfway through it now and I haven't read the thread so I don't know if someone already suggested this but...

Big E vs. Ziggler at Summerslam with AJ locked in a cage above the ring. Book it, Brad

Didn't Vince say that he wants someone like HHH (but younger) as his champion? He wants another corporate face. Bryan nor Cena (both faces) don't fit his image of a champion.

I guess Mason Ryan returns in the upcoming weeks, probably at Summerslam or the Raw after.

I really liked the opening segment last night. I thought it started the show off with a bang, and any time someone interacts with Vince, it makes them seem like a main eventer, especially when the interaction is adversarial. 

I loved Kane outsmarting the Wyatts for a split second and just running straight at Bray, which was great. I also liked that Bray has his muscle, but acts as though he isn't chickenshit, which is nice. 

I hope RVD having the Chikara symbol on his trunks is part of the plot that Quack has laid out, and the reason that RVD looks as though he hasn't lost a step is because he is being controlled by the eye of tyr. 

Which would make it Kaiju, actually. Dr. Cube has the Eye of Tyr back.

• Like 1

Does WWE just have duck-calls laying around backstage all the time???

I could totally see the Bella Twins finding out one of them had a match against Nattie that morning and slipping out to some dollar stores in Laredo to execute their hysterical plot.

• Like 1