DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

I'm not sure if the Knicks dodged a bullet or not with the Kerr news, but it's still hilarious the Knicks once again don't get their first choice.

Stephen A. Smith and the other guy on ESPN bitching at each other because they are jealous of Kerr was glorious as well.

Photoshop? Gotdayum. He has the quickest second jump for a putback I've ever seen. He's got a lot of room for growth but his athleticism is ridiculous.

TWO STEPS...

The creative people of Westchester County have come up with a creative and unique name for the new D League team that will play in White Plains: The Westchester Knicks. At least they are using an homage to the original Knicks logo.

Maybe that's payback for us taking their coach. (Golden State's D-League team is the Santa Cruz Warriors.)

So yeah... Marc Stein is reporting that everything is getting blown up in Memphis

Marc SteinVerified account
‏@ESPNSteinLine
Hearing major shakeup forthcoming in Memphis: Team CEO Jason Levien is poised to resign from club after assistant GM Stu Lash was dismissed

Marc SteinVerified account
‏@ESPNSteinLine
Future of MEM coach Dave Joerger & executive VP John Hollinger uncertain after clash between Grizz owner Robert Pera and current management

And Kevin Love will likely be moved this summer. Bidness is about to pick up.

My money's on Boston. They have enough assets to pull it off after the Pierce/KG haul, and Ainge isn't shy about making huge trades.

Although, Minny... [to the tune of that song from Frozen]. Would you like to have a Chris Bosh? Ok, bye.

Chris Wallace back as Grizzlies GM!!!! FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like Boston's odds for Kevin Love as well. I don't think the Lakers have enough and if they end up with a top 3 pick, they'd be better off building around that than giving it up. If they end up in the 6-9 range, I guess they could offer it, but Boston and Phoenix have more to offer in picks & players. Lakers currently only have 3 players! :)  I don't think GSW have enough right now. I could see Houston trying to move around to come up with an offer. Morey's always going to make moves every season/off-season. Knicks don't have much to offer.

There's also what Kevin Love will do as far as his contract goes. I'd hope any team dealing for him would request he sign an extension otherwise, you run the risk of losing him after next season or the next.

Now I'm off to fantasy trade Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittenton & Pau Gasol for Marc Gasol. :)

ESPN has an article up on Love and it notes how well Love's perimter game would complement Duhwight Howard and his preference for 4-around-1 sets like in Orlando. They also said Love can commit to his option year and whatever team trades for him get at least two years, but that's risky as they can't hold him to it and then he ends up like Duhwight Howard in LA.

As for Boston, why would he want to go there? He wants playoff basketball. They going to bring in Love and sign Melo or some shit?

Would the T-wolves be able to land a top 3 pick in a three way trade for Love?

Here are the draft odds for the Sixers with their pick and New Orleans pick. Thankfully the odds for the nightmare scenario are really low. That being New Orleans wins and keep their pick and the Sixers own pick being number 5. With Exum, Parker, Embiid and Wiggins off the board. If that happened New Orleans could make a run at Love. Doing that, or drafting one of the top young prospects to play alongside Davis, would set them up for being one of the best teams in the league. 

BnzFbw9CQAAJxqD.png

• Like 1

Bucks get number one pick, get Randle or Wiggins and then sign Love and Dirk in FA. You read it here first!

Note: I am referring to Dirk Love, an obscure player on a Jamaican rec league.

• Like 2

Sixers are sending the Doctor and a piece of glass from a backboard Chocolate Thunder shattered in the 70s, so I like their odds!