DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Mike D'Antoni to the Warriors seems like a real possibility.  That would be fun.

As ineffective as his last two stops have been, that still sounds like a decent idea.

D'Antoni coaches offense well and the Warriors have the type of players that would fit his system. Bogut is injured so often, that he might not be around enough to hate D'Antoni. I would be surprised if they hired him though when there seem to be so many other alternatives.

Wouldn't his system require a roster with more than two players who can hit a three?

Mike D'Antoni to the Warriors seems like a real possibility.  That would be fun.

As ineffective as his last two stops have been, that still sounds like a decent idea.

D'Antoni coaches offense well and the Warriors have the type of players that would fit his system. Bogut is injured so often, that he might not be around enough to hate D'Antoni. I would be surprised if they hired him though when there seem to be so many other alternatives.

Wouldn't his system require a roster with more than two players who can hit a three?

He would have Steph Curry and Klay Thompson. He didn't have anyone at that level in either NY or LA.

He would have Steph Curry and Klay Thompson. He didn't have anyone at that level in either NY or LA.

He'll run them into the ground too. Speaking as a fan of another western conference team, Yeah!

Well, he did have Steve Novak for one season....

Novak can't put the ball on the floor (or do anything else other than stand there and shoot). What makes Steph and Klay so dangerous is that if their shot isn't falling they can both drive and finish and obviously Curry is a pretty damn good facilitator also..

Draymond Green can shoot 3's.  Harrison Barnes could if he spent a summer on it.  Remember that D'Antoni inexplicably turned Shawn Marion into a 3 point shooter.

A lot of it is just about getting the guys the ball in the right spots.

Kupchak being a North Carolina guy, whenever the Lakers coaching job is open, this name pops up...

Mike Bresnahan (L.A. Times)

Another name to add to the Lakers' list of coaching candidates: North Carolina's Roy Williams. They plan on talking to him...eventually.

I think Roy Williams rounds out the coaching rumor at about 20 names. :)  He was actually rumored in 2004. I doubt he'd be the guy.

MCW wins Rookie of the Year. Free t-shirt idea for any entrapreneur in the Philly area (Cole Miner this one's for you!): MCW: Join the Revolution styled like the classic ECW shirt (you can even do an MCF'NW version).

• Like 2

Jackson probably won't have any trouble finding work honestly.  He's not a BAD coach.  One of those low level teams that are looking to improve would be dumb not to consider him.  If I'm Utah or Milwaukee, he's near the top of my list.

As someone who had his Starting Lineup figure when I was a kid and remembers his rookie season I say MARK JACKSON PLEASE COME HOME WHERE YOU BELONG!!!