Mr Harms

The Old School Questions thread

2,336 posts in this topic

On Sunday, April 23, 2017 at 10:34 AM, Shibata Is My Homie said:

Where would Dr D. David Schultz career in the WWF would've gone if he didn't smack John Stossel?

On the Schultz front, was recently re-reading a book on Stampede Wrestilng and the part where author Heath McCoy tries to track down Dr. D. is one of my favourites

After much back and forth, [Shultz' friend Bob] Bryla sent me an e-mail, passing on a message, supposedly from Dr. D: "Bob, tell Heath if he puts all the questions about me in frue/false form, I will look at them.  Let him know that i am on a mission in the Middle East area and it is top secret.  Don't tell him who, what, where or when."

The questions were sent off, and a few days later, the answer arrived.  Shults answered "true" to punching out Bruce [Hart], being a loner, and working as a bounty hunter.  He answered "false" to the suggestion that he was a hot-tempered sort who frightened his fellow wrestlers and tried to attack Mr. T.  He also added a question of his own to the list: "There are many lies about the great DOCTOR D. True."  In a parting message, Shults called himself "the greatest pro wrestler of all time" and claimed that lesser wrestlers like to spread lies about him out of envy.  "Be very careful of what you hear and what you read," he warned.

Was the message really from him?  It was certainly true to the character I had pieced together from so many sources.  Even Dr. D.'s e-mails are intimidating.

4 people like this

16 hours ago, Log said:

Well. Dr. D just became my favorite wrestler. 

Like way ahead of everyone else.  I'll be watch Dr. D on the network later.  

1 person likes this

Could Craig Pittman have been a star (as Meltzer would say) "in United States?" And if not, surely he was tailor-made for Japan, right?  Yeah, I realize he wasn't a spring chicken when he got in the business, but that never stopped Bad News Allen...

3 hours ago, cool arrow said:

Could Craig Pittman have been a star (as Meltzer would say) "in United States?" And if not, surely he was tailor-made for Japan, right?  Yeah, I realize he wasn't a spring chicken when he got in the business, but that never stopped Bad News Allen...

Craig Pittman sending out Prince Iaukea to distract Cobra aka Fake Sting while he rappelled down from the ceiling to ambush him is one of my favorite things ever.

5 people like this

I was way into Craig Pittman, for reasons I can't really explain. I just dug his whole vibe. I was way into the cross armbreaker finish as well. I would think that if he wanted to work in Japan, he could have, he fought in Vale Tudo Japan if I remember correctly.

On 4/25/2017 at 7:48 PM, RolandTHTG said:

I can't believe Piper agreed to that. That's such a Fritz move.

I can't believe they got through a whole Russo segment without anyone turning on anyone else. As soon as they started helping him, it was so obvious the Harris Twins were going to boot Roddy's head in before the segment ended, and then they just... didn't.

8 hours ago, AxB said:

I can't believe they got through a whole Russo segment without anyone turning on anyone else. As soon as they started helping him, it was so obvious the Harris Twins were going to boot Roddy's head in before the segment ended, and then they just... didn't.

Of course. 

Just when you thought they were doing that angle, Piper changed the....angle. 

14 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

I was way into Craig Pittman, for reasons I can't really explain. I just dug his whole vibe. I was way into the cross armbreaker finish as well. I would think that if he wanted to work in Japan, he could have, he fought in Vale Tudo Japan if I remember correctly.

I remember after beating some jobber on Nitro or Saturday Night, he yelled into the camera, "the beatings will continue until morale improves!" Pittman should've been inserted into the Regal/Finley feud just so all three of them could beat the crap out of each other for our enjoyment.

4 people like this