DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-10-14

MGFanJay

so BP is going to make a run-in during the main event to throw polluted water at Daniel Bryan?

Speaking of getting political, did anyone else find it unsettling when JBL called for the police to bring out the fire hoses? In Memphis, no less?

Not sure Memphis had quite as much 1960s rioting as other cities (Birmingham).

Well, it was the city MLK was assassinated in.

Yeah Bryan basically turned his post show promo into ... stopping the corporations from polluting the water.

Do you know what's cool? Having potable water while living in a state capital in the United States in 2014. Conversely, not having that is not cool. If my favorite baby face wants to bring that up, I'll stand with him.

Why don't you guys want me to have clean water?

• Like 3

so BP is going to make a run-in during the main event to throw polluted water at Daniel Bryan?

Speaking of getting political, did anyone else find it unsettling when JBL called for the police to bring out the fire hoses? In Memphis, no less?

Not sure Memphis had quite as much 1960s rioting as other cities (Birmingham).

Well, it was the city MLK was assassinated in.

yeah well, they've done less tasteful things in Memphis-based wrestling and managed to survive

I'm guessing they do a Bad News/Bret finish with the Real Americans in the Andre Memorial.

Wasn't there some battle royal where a tag team (the Road Warriors?) were in at the end and agreed to split the prize money? They should either borrow that ending or tease it and do a swerve.

I'm pleased that Bryan had to wrestle double duty multiple times over the past year and now will have to do it once more... through Evolution no less.. the internet's most hated stable ever..  to win the big one.

How quickly we forget the impact of The No Limit Soldiers.  Sigh.

• Like 3

Big Show should win the Andre trophy to get some redemption for his late dad in the dragged casket.

I wonder who will win the eventual Big Boss Man trophy, though? I say Ambrose.

Rusev should win it and smash it, leading to his feud with Sami Zayn who can debut as "the Carelord" in a special nod to this board.

Tony Soprano and Walter White weren't Anti-Heroes. They were straight up bad people. Whether or not you enjoy watching them is irrelevant. You don't need a "hero" to have a TV show or movie. I'd say Dirty Harry would qualify as an Anti Hero. In comics, The Punisher as well.

• Like 3

Yeah Bryan basically turned his post show promo into ... stopping the corporations from polluting the water.

Do you know what's cool? Having potable water while living in a state capital in the United States in 2014. Conversely, not having that is not cool. If my favorite baby face wants to bring that up, I'll stand with him.

Why don't you guys want me to have clean water?

I just want you to take at least one shower per day. You don't need potable water for that.

• Like 1

Andre Memorial Battle Royal?  Awesome.

Bray vs. Cena? Awesome.

Undertaker vs. Lesnar? Awesome.

Bryan vs. Triple H? Awesome.

Whatever Shield does?  Maybe Triple Threat? Awesome.

Bryan potentially in the main event against the two remaining members of Evolution with a chance to win the title?  Awesome.

Yeah, I think I'm ready.

• Like 1

I'm guessing they do a Bad News/Bret finish with the Real Americans in the Andre Memorial.

Although Big Show really should be the first winner, what with him being Andre's son and all...

If Big Show is in the battle royal, maybe we'll get him tossing Claudio onto Swagger to win, in a nod to Andre eliminating the Hart Foundation last @ WM2.

Well remember when Mark Henry was dressed in Santa Claus that JBL wanted Henry arrested and locked in chains for taking some christmas presents.  So it wouldn't be the first time for him

I can see it now,  ladies and gentleman your special referee for Triple H vs Daniel Bryan:    BILL O'REILLY  :P

if Daniel Bryan loses at WM, I'll spread the rumor that DB got sloshed at a New Orleans vegan bar the night before telling people that he'd win the title and make a post-match speech condemning the water pollution caused when the Government bombed the levees after Katrina.

Kinda like what happened to Lex Luger. According to some

• Like 1

Here's hoping the Andre the Giant memorial Battle Royal is won by his son - The Big Show.

That's a nice story and all, but El Torito is winning this thing.

Nah. It's either Rusev or Cesaro (if Cesaro doesn't have another match).

MGFanJay we've voted and decided to give thread starting duties to rzombie1988. You had a good run.

#occupyrawthread

The Occupy Raw deal was in the end a great thing and like I said in the full review, it was something that will work out masterfully in video packages, but live, it was a bit of a trainwreck. It was definitely something that you weren't going to turn away from though - it was compelling.

• Like 2

Yeah, AJ's been a little de-pushed. It's weird they never threw her on Total Divas, though I imagine she doesn't fit the aesthetic/wouldn't want to do it and/or having her and Punk's relationship on TV would be problematic. Incidentally, she's on Twitter-silence since Punk walked out.

Incidentally, Nattie is just awful on the mic. She's one of the few wrestlers that's just unsettling to hear talk because she seems completely bonkers.

The Andre Memorial Battle Royale is great.

So, the title match ends 'Mania now, I imagine. Can't imagine Hunter/Bryan opening the show, so I'd assume it gets a middle spot. I