DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-10-14

MGFanJay

Hour 1 was way too random for my liking. I dug Cena and Hogan posing, but Cena burying Bray's gimmick sucked. Two schoolboy finishes hurt things a bit as well. Taker's bit with Heyman ruled. LL Cool J's promo was something else. UNDATAKA BE DROPPIN THUNDA ON FAKAS. Bryan's FILLING THE RING WITH THE YES MOVEMENT sounded wrong and wound up much worse with a bunch of "fans" hitting the ring. This was a jump the shark moment for the feud. This peaked with HHH burying the fat guy for gassing out. Then it went on and on, then Steph had a meltdown and Bryan got his match, and since he had leverage, made it for a WM title shot as well. HHH agreed. Then Sheamus and Christian killed themselves and were beaten bloody in a match murdered by the commentary. Main event was a match.

Screens -

5adbbc313454909.jpg

bb06b6313438465.jpg

77b0b0313442094.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/pl7f84v5hcj2iy2boh7okazfragn5u0v

• Like 1

I strongly disagree. The Bryan segment was fuckig masterful, top-to-bottom. Everyone did an amazing job. Bryan as the ringleader. HHH (and especially Steph) losing their shit gradually. Damien Sandow's reaction was perfect! Even those security guards. It was fantastic. And such a unique visual, it's gonna be part of highlight reels and the Raw opening for years to come.

Fuck, that was awesome.

• Like 2

They're gonna be tempted to have Bryan/HHH end with a Bryan DQ victory after HHH wipes him out with the sledgehammer, then Bryan is left out on the floor unconscious for the entire Three-Way Main event and Batista goes over.

Sadly they had to resolve the occupation before they set up a book store in the ring, or before HHH could bring in Michael Bloomberg.

Also, not sure if fans can handle their hatred for Bulgaria with Rusev coming out there every week 

Okay, somebody has to ask: what in the blue hell was Lawler wearing?

Cena really is the worst. Thank goodness Taker didn't come along today or his gimmick would've had no chance with that corny asshole treating everything like a joke.

Finally, I guess people will stop bitching now they got their Triple Threat with Bryan inserted into the main event but I'm actually kinda bummed they caved and didn't stick by their guns. The smarky crowd reaction to Batista-Orton would've been GLORIOUS. That was gonna be the year's Mania Moment.

That shot is the 2nd time Daniel Bryan has created a permanent RAW highlight moment.  They'll be showing that during RAW anniversary shows for years. 

Depending on whether they give him the title run, I'd go so far as to say tonight is that beer truck moment everyone has been wondering if he would have.

This show was all over the place. Hogan and Cena posing was fun. Cena ripping on Bray Wyatt the way he did was not good. The #occupyRAW thing was visually stimulating and a good way to get the match(es) set up for 'Mania. The Shield being back on the same page for a week was good. AJ Lee getting pinned by a Bella for the 500th time in the past year is probably setting up some random multi-Diva match at Mania. The main event was just kinda there, but glad to see DB go over clean. 

What I find interesting is that, other than his title matches, Daniel Bryan has been the most protected guy in the WWE for months now. Think about that. He constantly makes his own comebacks when he is outnumbered and has pinned Orton, what, half a dozen times now?

The Occupy RAW thing would have been so much funnier if it was in New York or Philly but still awesome to watch

was surprised to see Bryan actually win the match and look real good doing it.

I think the question that has to be asked tonight is simple:  what the fuck was going on with Lawler's shirt :unsure:

Seriously, though, guys...the best part was

GIVE IT TO ME, CHUBBY, COME ON!!!!

I just...I want to say so many things...some gay stuff...some stuff about Steph...self-abuse...I almost feel like I need to do a FAMILY GUY cutaway where I ask for advice on which direction to go with it.

There should be a two week ban on criticizing WWE booking now.

The funny thing about the Bryan deal is that if you didn't know anything about changes in booking, or backstage moves, what happened tonight is the logical finish to the story that began in August. All this began with Bryan wrestling all those gauntlets against multiple guys and now he gets to run through Evolution and win the title. It took us a while to get there, too long probably, but they saved the title match, and guaranteed nuclear heat for the Hunter match after last year's Hunter match died.