DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-10-14

MGFanJay

So guys, Chrisley said he does not want to have sex with his wife, because he is afraid of getting her pregnant. 

They are doing these commercials specifically to troll me. 

Fuck, I'm ready for those commercials to end. Who the fuck is that guy? Are we supposed to know him already???

• Like 3

Tito Santana (1 thru 8)

Rotundo (1, 8-9)

Doink (9, 10)

Billy Gunn (11, 14, 15, 18)

Savio Vega (12, 13. 14)

Chris Jericho (16 thru 21, 24 thru 26, 28 and 29)

Rob Van Dam (18, 20, 22 and 23)

Santino (25, 27, 28)

so that's 8 people who can cover all 29 Wrestlemanias so far

Three of these people need to have memorial trophies of their own.

Hint: It's the first three.

So guys, Chrisley said he does not want to have sex with his wife, because he is afraid of getting her pregnant. 

They are doing these commercials specifically to troll me. 

Fuck, I'm ready for those commercials to end. Who the fuck is that guy? Are we supposed to know him already???

I checked google and apparently he is just some Atlanta business man. I'm convinced Ray from Archer was based on him. 

I loved how how this whole Daniel Bryan thing has finally broken the facades HHH and Steph have been putting on since starting the Authority. Steph reverted to her bratty self from over a decade ago and HHH just completely lost it.

Hour 1 was way too random for my liking. I dug Cena and Hogan posing, but Cena burying Bray's gimmick sucked. Two schoolboy finishes hurt things a bit as well. Taker's bit with Heyman ruled. LL Cool J's promo was something else. UNDATAKA BE DROPPIN THUNDA ON FAKAS. Bryan's FILLING THE RING WITH THE YES MOVEMENT sounded wrong and wound up much worse with a bunch of "fans" hitting the ring. This was a jump the shark moment for the feud. This peaked with HHH burying the fat guy for gassing out. Then it went on and on, then Steph had a meltdown and Bryan got his match, and since he had leverage, made it for a WM title shot as well. HHH agreed. Then Sheamus and Christian killed themselves and were beaten bloody in a match murdered by the commentary. Main event was a match.

Can we temp ban MGFanJay from from starting Raw threads for a while?

If the only way is to temp ban MGFanJay, I'm good with that.

• Like 5

I loved how how this whole Daniel Bryan thing has finally broken the facades HHH and Steph have been putting on since starting the Authority. Steph reverted to her bratty self from over a decade ago and HHH just completely lost it.

They should rename themselves the Facgime again.

It was extra great since their first promo saw Steph talking in super polished corporate marketing branding lingo and "niche" audiences. The power of the people made them shred the pantsuits and brass nameplates and reveal their true characters.

• Like 2

Anyone think that the Andre the Giant Memorial Trophy will be like a foot tall, and Hogan will get a trophy six times bigger for hosting the show?

(Apologies if this joke has already been made. I got home late tonight and haven't read the whole thread yet.)

• Like 2

Considering how much Mike Rotundo sucks, it's a testament to whatever talents were passed on by Bray/Bo's Windham mother that two sons of Mike Rotundo could be interesting at wrestling.

so WWE Network, are you uploading all the Andre the Giant battle royals you can find pre-WM?

It was extra great since their first promo saw Steph talking in super polished corporate marketing branding lingo and "niche" audiences. The power of the people made them shred the pantsuits and brass nameplates and reveal their true characters.

So much better than, like, spray painting their limo or stalking them backstage while the New Age Outlaws try to protect them.  Sometimes it seems like this company is making genuine progress in story structure because you know that was what they would have done five years ago, ten years ago, fifteen years ago.

Do we thank Punk fans for accidentally handing them this idea?

Anyone think that the Andre the Giant Memorial Trophy will be like a foot tall, and Hogan will get a trophy six times bigger for hosting the show?

(Apologies if this joke has already been made. I got home late tonight and haven't read the whole thread yet.)

Somehow I'd like to think the Bobby Heenan's last move toward Hogan could be a version of Hector Salamanca's last move toward Gus Fring.

This trophy thing could be the setup for that.

• Like 3

Considering how much Mike Rotundo sucks, it's a testament to whatever talents were passed on by Bray/Bo's Windham mother that two sons of Mike Rotundo could be interesting at wrestling.

so WWE Network, are you uploading all the Andre the Giant battle royals you can find pre-WM?

He was great in the Varsity Club.

• Like 3

So much better than, like, spray painting their limo or stalking them backstage while the New Age Outlaws try to protect them.  Sometimes it seems like this company is making genuine progress in story structure because you know that was what they would have done five years ago, ten years ago, fifteen years ago.

Daniel Bryan's first anti-Authority thing was to key up Randy Orton's car. That doesn't fit him at all. I'm so glad they got away from him doing that stuff and instead forcing HHH and Steph to cave in this manner. They figured out how Bryan works best -- it's by defending himself with honor and rallying the people, not by vandalism or revenge attacks. It's really great to watch them figure it out.

If someone else starts a RAW thread before JayFan then go ahead. We are not going to suspend or ban him. Sorry Cristobal

EDIT: Also, don't turn this thread into a forum on MGJayfan's personal tastes.

Kevin Sullivan going from Satanist to Varsity Club had to be trippy for the people watching WCW in Florida

Daniel Bryan's first anti-Authority thing was to key up Randy Orton's car. That doesn't fit him at all. I'm so glad they got away from him doing that stuff and instead forcing HHH and Steph to cave in this manner. They figured out how Bryan works best -- it's by defending himself with honor and rallying the people, not by vandalism or revenge attacks. It's really great to watch them figure it out.

So they made him act like a liberal Democrat instead of a conservative Republican?

• Like 1

Kevin Sullivan going from Satanist to Varsity Club had to be trippy for the people watching WCW in Florida

Bray's 26. Do we have any DNA tests to prove Kevin Sullivan isn't his real dad? He'd be around the young Rotundo family at the time.

If someone else starts a RAW thread before JayFan then go ahead. We are not going to suspend or ban him. Sorry Cristobal

EDIT: Also, don't turn this thread into a forum on MGJayfan's personal tastes.

I humbly apologize for making the 37th or so comment disagreeing with Jay's assessment of the show tonight.

I deeply regret my actions. They were unprofessional, and not what's best for boardsness.

• Like 1

It gets even weirder when you realize Sullivan booked himself as top babyface in Florida in 1987. This was a thing that happened.

But by then, Luger was gone, Windham was gone, Bad News was gone, Ed Gantner got sick and Ron Simmons wasn't ready. So they had Sullivan and Rotunda as their two top faces. Yes, really.

So they made him act like a liberal Democrat instead of a conservative Republican?

DELETED BY REQUEST

Also, much love for keeping the Shield together (however long it lasts) as a babyface trio, but still letting them work basically the same way against the Rhodes.

I agree about Regal/Jericho

Wait a second.... am I taking crazy pills????

Before the thread gets shuttered:

The Andre trophy really should have had him with the fro, arms extended, with a huge laugh exposing the three rows of teeth. Or just been him with all the women hanging on his arms. 

The old dude right next to Bryan totally didn't look like a plant and was super enthused without being over the top. That fact also made the JBL firehose shit twice as bad. 

I liked Nattie saying the bit her dad did for the promo featured on Wrestling with Shadows about losing her manners