DVDVR Message Board

DIRTSHEETZ~! THREAD

RIPPA

The talking point for Sting seems to be “Starrcade '97”.

If your talking point is being part of the reason the company did it's best PPV buy rate ever...that's a pretty good talking point.Hell at the time it was the highest drawing wrestling PPV of all time. I think if you're a part of something like that, you're a draw.

I love Bryan's comment that probably 25% of the RAW population knows what a Rubix Cube is.   While I would agree that probably 25% could finish finish one or two sides of the cube (including me :( ) , wrestling fans are not that stupid that we don't know what it is. 

I love Bryan's comment that probably 25% of the RAW population knows what a Rubix Cube is.   While I would agree that probably 25% could finish finish one or two sides of the cube (including me :( ) , wrestling fans are not that stupid that we don't know what it is. 

That's not what he said. He said I bet 25% of our audience has never heard of a rubix cube.

I'd say that figure's right. They still sell Rubix Cubes, but who buys one? They were a fad of a particular time, and unless you were a certain age, they mean nothing to you. I was a kid during that time, so I'll never forget them. But people half my age? Why would they know what a Rubix Cube is?

And wasn't Sting a draw only because he had good dance partners to draw with in Flair and the NWO? How did he do when Fialr left and he was the top guy in the organization fighting Rick Rude for the NWA National Intercontinental World Championship or whatever? And did he ever draw anywhere else? The Rock and Rolls were big in Mid-South and the NWA. To me, he's the very defiinition of "borderline" for WON Hall of Fame. I wouldn't cry unfair if he got in, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't.

How many wrestling fans have you encountered outside of the Internet?

I live in NM, the number of people who watch and the number of people that think it's at least partially a shoot is amazing...

How many wrestling fans have you encountered outside of the Internet?

Shows around here are so depressing - the indy wrestling here is so horrible that the only people going to the shows talk the whole time about how depressing and sad it is, like they're MST3King the indy show. WWE shows are fine, of course, but they don't come around often. The smell of death surrounded the last TNA show I was at - about 500 people, tops, in a 4,000-seat arena. The wrestlers didn't give 1/1000ths of a shit. Chikara came to town once a couple of years ago, drew 100 and will never be back. ROH doesn't have a Sinclair station in town, so will never come here.

Live wrestling is fun when the conditions are good, but that's hard to find. I did get to see some great stuff in the glory days of Smoky Mountain, so I guess I should be happy.

I used to drive a taxi and I picked upa girl with some autism. She put her headphones on so I let my podcast play. While Meltzer is talking about the Streak ending I just hear from the back

"I still think Lesnar cheated. My mom thinks so too."

Then there was an irish guy who likes Brett Hart. He was sound. Those are my outside experiences.

I used to drive a taxi and I picked upa girl with some autism. She put her headphones on so I let my podcast play. While Meltzer is talking about the Streak ending I just hear from the back

Then there was an irish guy who likes Brett Hart. He was sound. Those are my outside experiences.

Jon Stewart listed all these wrestlers on the Daily Show last night. He's fluent in wrestling. I think that's awesome. Maybe he posts here under an assumed name.

No idea what that's about, but it reminds me of something interesting on topic about how GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY drops on DVD, Blu Ray, Redbox, and iTunes this coming Thursday, 12/9 with Never-Before-Seen Deleted Scenes, Making-of Featurettes, an Exclusive Look at “Marvel's The Avengers: Age of Ultron”, Gag Reel, and Audio Commentary by my good friend director James Gunn.

• Like 2

Jon Stewart listed all these wrestlers on the Daily Show last night. He's fluent in wrestling. I think that's awesome. Maybe he posts here under an assumed name.

Stewart's even had Foley on a few times.

She's got a point. Lesnar probably did cheat.

Listening to the UFC PPV recap today and Dave in comparing Uriah Faber's eyepoke to the number of times Jon Jones does it saying "If Faber did all the time in his fights they would have lynched him.  That is probably the wrong choice of words there" .   

I also liked how he apologized for his language after saying "fucking" in the discussion and then a couple seconds later said "bullshit"   :lol: