DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble

Brian Fowler

Orton is just fucking done as a main event guy.  Crowds coast to coast now want nothing to do with his matches.

I guess that's what happens when someone who is not nearly an Austin/Rock/Hogan level star is on top for going on TEN YEARS and is literally still the same exact fucking character fighting the same fucking guys he was fighting a decade ago. It's so awful.

• Like 2

I think you're all forgetting about the Rhodes bros dropping the belts clean to the outlaws

Yeah, it looked to be all downhill from there.  Although them getting the shot makes sense, gotta love Trip's buddies getting one last title run.

Not saying that Cena/Orton is quality entertainment. But it doesn't really send much of a message when you spend hundreds of dollars, shit all over the matches, and then keep spending money on the fed. If you don't like it, send them a actual message and stop this Cubs Fan "we'll buy tickets no matter how little the org merits our money" bullshit.

They are probably making people do six-month commitments to the WWE Network to avoid people throwing hissy fits and cancelling their subscription after a PPV that they hate. They've found a way to suck money in from people who hate how Daniel Bryan is being used.

Can you even begin to fathom just how badly the Mania crowd (75,000 of your smartest, most diehard fans from all over the world) will shit on Batista/Orton? I mean what in God's heavenly kingdom can they do to make people care about that match that doesn't involve inserting Bryan into the equation somehow?

• Like 5

Can you even begin to fathom just how badly the Mania crowd (75,000 of your smartest, most diehard fans from all over the world) will shit on Batista/Orton? I mean what in God's heavenly kingdom can they do to make people care about that match that doesn't involve inserting Bryan into the equation somehow?

We were discussing this on the car ride home and are really excited to see how bad the crowd kills the show.

Almost literally nothing.

I think you're all forgetting about the Rhodes bros dropping the belts clean to the outlaws

Yeah, it looked to be all downhill from there.  Although them getting the shot makes sense, gotta love Trip's buddies getting one last title run.

The best part was remembering we had half a RAW thread that was about almost nothing but how awful it was to have to sit through their schtick every fucking week.

Oh, you didn't know?

PBS is running Antiques ROOOOOOAAAAAADSHOOOOOOOOWWWWWW

Seriously, you might want to give that a shot, Monday night at 9:00!

Sometimes they actually pay off for the people who show up.

• Like 4

I haven't been impressed with Wyatt in the ring, but he had arguably his best match ever with Bryan tonight. But after his reaction to interrupting the Cena/Orton match, no one gave two shits about their beat down. Bad sign. 

Crowd was just so damn happy that match was over.

It's well known I'm a huge fan of Cena's ring work...  But holy fuck that was awful.

Not saying that Cena/Orton is quality entertainment. But it doesn't really send much of a message when you spend hundreds of dollars, shit all over the matches, and then keep spending money on the fed. If you don't like it, send them a actual message and stop this Cubs Fan "we'll buy tickets no matter how little the org merits our money" bullshit.

They are probably making people do six-month commitments to the WWE Network to avoid people throwing hissy fits and cancelling their subscription after a PPV that they hate. They've found a way to suck money in from people who hate how Daniel Bryan is being used.

Right, except they don't have my sixty bucks yet, do they?

Due to security concerns, we'll have to move WrestleMania from the Superdome to the New Orleans Sports Arena.  We apologize for the inconvience.

• Like 3