DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble

Brian Fowler

Didn't see the show yet. But here's Bryan's Twitter -- Daniel Bryan ‏@WWEDanielBryan 4m

Sorry guys, the machine wanted me nowhere near the Royal Rumble match. But I thank everyone for their support. YOU are the #YESMovement

He was kept out by the machine. There's an angle right there.

Now we find Junji Hirata and we kill him

Seriously though, I like Daniel Bryan, but Rey has contributed more to wrestling than he ever will, suck my dick Pittsburgh

At this point Rey Misterio has an Undertaker schedule without the mystique, he can't hit the highspots that made him famous, and he's outclassed by the half of the roster in every other area. If he has to be in the Rumble, he should be in and out early.

• Like 1

Holy crap, if ever there was a night to call an audible. Honestly, that booking is hard not to see as outright trolling. Put Bryan in the opener, have him lose, give him a concussion angle...of course the crowd thought they were setting him up for a Rumble win. If they weren't putting him in, they should have shot something backstage with HHH/Steph telling him he's not cleared to wrestle so the crowd had some time to regroup and throw their weight behind Reigns or someone. Batista was going to get booed no matter what, but it's like they wanted the worst possible reaction.

Most important thing, IMO, is for everyone to immediately start saying HUH HUH WHAT DO YOU PAYOFF GUYS THINK NOW so that we can continue listening to your terrible opinions.

Bryan not being in the Rumble was terrible. They may have saved it if they'd had a storyline reason for him to not be in that was addressed throughout the show.

And even then, he should have won.

Your complaints being in alignment with everyone else's should be enough for corporate to redo the whole thing tomorrow night.

• Like 1

I mean, the Bryan thing...I get why he's not champion, or why they don't want to push him as lead babyface (nor should he be pushed over Cena) but this stuff isn't going to stop.

Maybe some nuts can start an internet campaign to refuse to buy the WWE Network until Daniel Bryan is "booked right".

• Like 2

Chants I think I heard during the title match:

"This is awful"

"We want refunds"

"We want divas"

"3MB"

I love that the 3MB chant never really caught on.

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:51 AM

odessasteps, on 23 Jan 2014 - 08:23 AM, said:snapback.png

Matt D, on 21 Jan 2014 - 10:37 PM, said:snapback.png

I hope we get 40 minutes of Cesaro.

Maybe he will giant swing someone over the top rope to eliminate them.

If El Torito gets in the Rumble instead of Los Matadores, you know this is happening. 

So close, but yet so far...

Holy crap, if ever there was a night to call an audible. Honestly, that booking is hard not to see as outright trolling. Put Bryan in the opener, have him lose, give him a concussion angle...of course the crowd thought they were setting him up for a Rumble win. If they weren't putting him in, they should have shot something backstage with HHH/Steph telling him he's not cleared to wrestle so the crowd had some time to regroup and throw their weight behind Reigns or someone. Batista was going to get booed no matter what, but it's like they wanted the worst possible reaction.

Welcome to your Batista heel turn, with a half-assed Orton face turn.

Most important thing, IMO, is for everyone to immediately start saying HUH HUH WHAT DO YOU PAYOFF GUYS THINK NOW so that we can continue listening to your terrible opinions.

Bryan not being in the Rumble was terrible. They may have saved it if they'd had a storyline reason for him to not be in that was addressed throughout the show.

And even then, he should have won.

Your complaints being in alignment with everyone else's should be enough for corporate to redo the whole thing tomorrow night.

I'm expecting a DM from my friend, CM Punk, telling me the Corporate Jet is heading into town.

• Like 2

So the ending was bad, but also inevitable, so I don't see much point getting worked up about it. Rumble match was on the whole really enjoyable, but then it always is. El Torito was fun, Kofi did his usual crazy spot & it delivered, Cesaro had his big swing. Didn't like what will probably be the end of The Shield but I guess it was another inevitability with how they've been teasing dissension for the past while. And JBL's spot was pretty much perfect, as was the way he played it off afterwards as if it had never happened. The cheering for Rey getting eliminated was just weird. I mean I get that they wanted #30 to be Bryan, but shitting on a guy like Rey for that horrible crime of being Rey rather than Bryan just goes to show how strongly the felt. Well, I don't know, maybe Pittsburgh really hates Rey?

Bray vs Bryan was really enjoyable. Probably could have gone a little longer though.

Didn't think much of Cena/Orton, & the trading each others finishers ending was kind of goofy, but then I enjoyed the Wyatt Family beating on Cena at the end so it wasn't all bad

The crowd were...I understand their reaction, but I thought shitting on Cena/Orton after a minute with boring chants was a bit twatty. But then they made up for it when they chanted "we want divas", that was kind of funny.

It is past frustrating though how they just refuse to pull the trigger on Bryan. I mean maybe they do have this great elaborate plan, but sometimes the reaction of the people means you should just pull the trigger early. And Daniel Bryan seems, to me at least, to be at that point. I don't know if they can end up deflating him like they have done with others in the past with unintentional wonky booking because the crowd really are behind him in a huge way, but even still, you'd think they want to jump on to a hot thing like this.

Oh well, I can't begin to understand WWE booking policy. Oh to be a fly in the wall in some of their meetings.

That said, I still enjoyed the show on the whole, it was the Rumble, & I always enjoy the Rumble.

• Like 1

Are you guys  going to actually discuss the show or are we going to have a hundred more "How bout da payoff?" posts?

Anyway, I did think there was a slight possibility that Bryan would be in this but I can't say I'm surprised he wasn't. I didn't trust WWE enough to believe they would make the right decision going forward.

This is some bullshit. I did envision the crowd shitting on Batista.. and it happened. And it was pretty cool.

Bryan not being in the Rumble might be a little more tolerable if he hadn't jobbed cleanly in the OPENING fucking match of the card. 

Weirdly enough, Daniel Bryan jobbing clean to Bray Wyatt was the best-booked thing of the night. 

• Like 5

Yeah, it's not like Batista isn't a guy you should be pushing in a prominent spot, but everything was so telegraphed from the jump. I also think it's cute that they see Sheamus as a much bigger star than he is.

Actually, the company is fucking up with their new Russo-esque "shades of grey" mentality with heels and babyfaces. Like, how the fuck should a little kid be excited about The Authority's two best friends fighting over a title?