DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL DRAFT

RIPPA

YAY A FUCKING WIDE RECIEVER!

YAY A HUGE WR! YAY HE'S NOT FROM CALIFORNIA!

I'm gonna need Kelvin Benjamin to not be every WR the Panthers drafted in the first round ever. That means you, Keary Colbert.

Eat a dick, Keary Colbert.

Guardedly optimistic, and stoked we went WR.

UPON FURTHER REVIEW! Keary Colbert was a second round pick. My point remains.

Kuestar is giddy! Maybe? :mellow:

Kuetsar is pissed the fuck right off actually. I wanted a GODDAMN lineman. All these toys do nothing if they can't keep the Qb upright. Jake Matthews or Khali Mack? God forbid. . . .then again I didn't like the Manuel pick much either. I'll talk myself into it withing a few days, and be delusional as always by the time the season starts. . . 

Has anyone ever dropped as far as Bridgewater for as dumb of reasons as him? "He's quiet, reserved... doesn't seem like the face of the franchise"

Really? The kid can play. What else matters?

I don't know, I'm pretty happy with the whole thing.
  • Like 1

So, if it seemed like ESPN was talking about Manziel a lot...they were.

per Deadspin

• ESPN brought up Manziel's name 83 times, and referred to him as "Johnny Football" 30 more.
  • The total of 113 mentions outpaces that of the top five draft picks combined.
  • #1 overall pick Jadeveon Clowney came in second, earning 29 mentions on ESPN.
  • The network's longest period of time without mentioning Manziel: 18 minutes, 50 seconds—spanning the first three picks of the draft.

Manziel accounts for 26% of all those mentions. (Clowney, as mentioned above, came in second; he earned 7%.)

That's bananas.  NFL Network mentioned him 105 times (Johnny Football only 12) but mentioned other players more often.

BTW, the most used word on ESPN..."Back".  The most used on NFL Network..."Draft".

http://regressing.deadspin.com/espns-johnny-manziel-obsession-visualized-1573878127?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Per PFT - the folks still left in the Green Room are

They are quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, defensive lineman Kony Ealy, defensive tackle Ra’Shede Hageman, tackle Cyrus Kouandjio, receiver Cody Latimer, receiver Marqise Lee, tackle Morgan Moses, receiver Jordan Matthews, and center Marcus Martin.

I just saw the Sal Pal Homeless guy story and nothing to going to trump that today

The giant fucking pause Sal Pal takes before saying "DRAFT MANZIEL" is what puts it over the top

Just for variety

Here is WalterFootball's Mock Draft

Updated yesterday and 5 rounds

As awesome as it would be, no way that Teddy Bridgewater makes it to #8.

If any of the "Big 3" quarterbacks falls that far, I think it will be Manziel. Guy's being more protected than any QB prospect I can remember in a long time.

Yep. Happy to be wrong here. Quite happy.

So, if it seemed like ESPN was talking about Manziel a lot...they were.

per Deadspin

• ESPN brought up Manziel's name 83 times, and referred to him as "Johnny Football" 30 more.
  • The total of 113 mentions outpaces that of the top five draft picks combined.
  • #1 overall pick Jadeveon Clowney came in second, earning 29 mentions on ESPN.
  • The network's longest period of time without mentioning Manziel: 18 minutes, 50 seconds—spanning the first three picks of the draft.

Manziel accounts for 26% of all those mentions. (Clowney, as mentioned above, came in second; he earned 7%.)

That's bananas.  NFL Network mentioned him 105 times (Johnny Football only 12) but mentioned other players more often.

BTW, the most used word on ESPN..."Back".  The most used on NFL Network..."Draft".

http://regressing.deadspin.com/espns-johnny-manziel-obsession-visualized-1573878127?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Which makes me even more happy that ESPN had to eat their own shit here.  I hope they understand that they are the only ones who are high on the kid.

I just saw the Sal Pal Homeless guy story and nothing to going to trump that today

The giant fucking pause Sal Pal takes before saying "DRAFT MANZIEL" is what puts it over the top

I took that long pause more as Sal Pal is making this whole fucking story up and is trying to think of what else to say. 

The thing with JFF that bugs me is everyone said going into the draft that if he didn't go at like 5 there wasn't a spot till 16. So what do we get with picks 6-15... this is where Johnny will be and here's way! OMG OMG they didn't take Johnny!! This is why this team will take him. Thou ESPN wasn't reporting Johnny dropping as much as creating the story he was dropping.

The problem with the Bills move isn't who they drafted, it's what they gave up. Do you think Watkins makes them a playoff team next year? It's not as though the Bills were one player away like the Falcons thought they were with the Julio Jones move. The Bills pick could very well end up a top 15 pick, and if that's the case the Bills will probably decide they want to move on from Manuel. If things don't go perfectly, this move sets them back years.