DVDVR Message Board

All-Encompassing Sports TV Thread of Hate

LooseCannon

Also, is mike and mike the worst radio show on espn?  I can think of talking heads who I dislike more, but their show is just hot garbage.

Cowherd. Just can't stand that guy. I'd honestly rather listen to Mike and Mike.

• Like 1

Also, is mike and mike the worst radio show on espn?  I can think of talking heads who I dislike more, but their show is just hot garbage.

Cowherd. Just can't stand that guy. I'd honestly rather listen to Mike and Mike.

Cowherd is definitely the guy I dislike the most, but his show can be interesting at times.  I don't know if it's simply the wider range of guests or what.  

Mike and Mike is just boring.

Mike Golic ‏@espngolic 36 seconds ago

Spoke to Bill, all is good. I'll discus on show

So there's that, I guess.

Why the heck would anybody wanna see Golic discus?  Is he particularly good with flinging plates or something?

• Like 3

Short version: Simmons wondered aloud whether LeBron is in decline on his podcast, Golic disagreed on HIS show and called Simmons a media whore in the process.

If Simmons feels what he said was misinterperated and was pissed over an in-house potshot, I get that. But responding like a petulant child on Twitter isn't doing him any favors.

Any sports radio show that doesn't take callers is a fucking joke and shouldn't be listened to.

Strongly disagree.

My two all-time favorite radio shows (old TK show and old Lebatard show) never or rarely took callers.

Who cares what Louie from the Bronx / pat from voorhees /... thinks?

Short version: Simmons wondered aloud whether LeBron is in decline on his podcast, Golic disagreed on HIS show and called Simmons a media whore in the process.

If Simmons feels what he said was misinterperated and was pissed over an in-house potshot, I get that. But responding like a petulant child on Twitter isn't doing him any favors.

But when they take what he said out of context then yes he has a right to be upset.

That's the hell of it. Simmons isn't wrong but this is yet another example of him punching at a windmill.

At this point, he needs to annoit one of his Grantland underlings (with all due respect to Mike Zeidler), a Twitter Bitch for these situations. Because it's clear when he takes matters into his own hands, this happens.

That IS sports radio. It gives the fans of the team a voice and an opportunity to show their displeasure. Yes, just not buying tickets is the best way to do that but this is a more entertaining way to do it. Plus, who doesn't love to hear these oddball callers get into an argument with a radio personality? If you don't take calls you are chickenshit..

That IS sports radio. It gives the fans of the team a voice and an opportunity to show their displeasure. Yes, just not buying tickets is the best way to do that but this is a more entertaining way to do it. Plus, who doesn't love to hear these oddball callers get into an argument with a radio personality? If you don't take calls you are chickenshit..

If I wanted to listen to mouth-breathers who have as much inside knowledge and presence as I do argue passionately over sports, I'd just copy a reddit thread into a text-to-speech program.

• Like 3