DVDVR Message Board

Does a piledriver hurt the top of a guy's head?

Does a piledriver hurt the top of a guy's head?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Yes
    • No

Help me settle an old debate. I have a friend who claims that piledrivers are only meant to hurt a guy's neck, not the top of his head. He argued this when I criticised a worker for launching into a headbutt with the top of his head directly after taking a piledriver.

What is your view on this most important of topics?

Ok, so I was 10 years old and over my friend Joe's house. Joe and I were best friends ever since kindergarten when I was the first kid on the bus and he was the second. Good kid. We had a lot of adventures, like dropping his Bob the Goon action figure out of his second story window. Well for some reason we were left alone there, decide to "try the wrestling at home." I hit him with a pretty badass spinebuster when he charged at me. He wanted to try a pile driver and since it was going to be on his bed, I said sure. It was a soft surface and the pile driver was supposed to hurt the top of the head. What was there to worry about?

One stinger and tons of wussy crying later, I had a pretty damn good idea how the pile driver worked. 

It's the neck and just the neck. That's what takes the impact. Any damage to the head is minimal.

But then if you are hit with a really hard piledriver could the impact ripple all the way down your back and end up hurting your tailbone more than anything?

Like a super upside down, inverted atomic drop...

By that logic, an atomic drop would end up hurting your head.

But then if you are hit with a really hard piledriver could the impact ripple all the way down your back and end up hurting your tailbone more than anything?

Motion that this be the framistan for piledriver going forward.

• Like 2

Help me settle an old debate. I have a friend who claims that piledrivers are only meant to hurt a guy's neck, not the top of his head. He argued this when I criticised a worker for launching into a headbutt with the top of his head directly after taking a piledriver.

Is this a trick question where we are supposed to criticize someone for doing anything directly after taking a piledriver?

Is this a trick question where we are supposed to criticize someone for doing anything directly after taking a piledriver?

Fighting Spirit man. No sell the Piledriver and do a double lariaaaaaaaaato~! Pops the crowd.

Fighting Spirit man. No sell the Piledriver and do a double lariaaaaaaaaato~! Pops the crowd.

In that case, the guy who received the piledriver was knocked a little loopy and went for a headbutt because he forgot it would hurt.

Motion that this be the framistan for piledriver going forward.

I think Bill Mercer actually did once refer to a piledriver as a reverse atomic drop.

What is your view on this most important of topics?

I would really really like to show you...

- RAF

Ok, so I was 10 years old and over my friend Joe's house. Joe and I were best friends ever since kindergarten when I was the first kid on the bus and he was the second. Good kid. We had a lot of adventures, like dropping his Bob the Goon action figure out of his second story window. Well for some reason we were left alone there, decide to "try the wrestling at home." I hit him with a pretty badass spinebuster when he charged at me. He wanted to try a pile driver and since it was going to be on his bed, I said sure. It was a soft surface and the pile driver was supposed to hurt the top of the head. What was there to worry about?

One stinger and tons of wussy crying later, I had a pretty damn good idea how the pile driver worked. 

It's the neck and just the neck. That's what takes the impact. Any damage to the head is minimal.

Not a piledriver story, but us kids used to sneak into the gym storage room at school and play-wrestle on the big blue mats they used for pole vaulting. I tried out a frog splash once with nothing underneath me... that was a different kind of pain right there. 

I already told the story about a bunch of kids jumping me on the track and powerbombing me on my shoulder here before. I was fucked up for months and they never got caught. Fucking bullies.

I dunno, I'd say that if you're dropped on top of your head on a surface where it will hurt your neck, your head is going to be kind of ouchy afterwards too. 

On a side note, when I was a kid growing up in my neighborhood, there was a guy my age who had a brother a couple years younger and they were always fighting, mainly because the older brother was a complete dickhead who picked on his younger brother too much.  Anyway, I remember them getting into a fight once (when most of us were around 12 or 13) and wrestling around, and the older brother ended up catching his brother in the right position and deliver a pulling piledriver onto a gravel driveway.  Really all it managed to do was scare the shit out of all of us, assuming the younger brother had to be dead.  He was shaken up more than anything, and I didn't ask him if his head hurt....but I have to assume it did.

If this is Memphis anytime up until the 2000's, then yes. . . 

Was hit with a pile driver as a kid. Definitely the hurt the head a bit as well as the neck. Guy that did it is currently in jail for killing someone while drunk driving. Guess he never grew past the blatant disregard for the health of others. Only getting a year of jail time with work release is ridiculous. In a match though i don't think you should sell the head as sore unless there is also a double stomp and table involved.

• Like 1