DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY PRO WRES YAMMERING

Bryan's the kind of wrestler that's great when he's chasing, but isn't meant for a long title run(like Benoit).

Seriously does anybody here truly believe that Bryan's run will rival the length of Cena's run, especially when the Roman Reigns mega push is around the corner?

Bryan isn't cut to be a top guy anyway.

Correct. Just because he's maybe the most popular wrestler in the company, probably the best wrestler in the company, and definitely proven immune to terrible booking, doesn't mean he's a main event level guy.

Wait, why isn't he cut out to be a top guy?

I'm assuming he's either skinny fat and we haven't noticed, or has terrible punches. 

Or maybe he knows too many MOVZS!!!.  He used to be an indy guy, after all.  Anyone have a gif of him no-selling a top rope superplex?

Also had a truly memorable moment with Nick Mondo's return and postmatch with Little Mondo that told a great story.

Is he back for good or was this only for Cage of Death? He was one of my favorites from that era.
It was only a one shot deal. He really didn't do anything physical and was there for the storyline, which was really well done.

Just give me Mania to Summer Slam that is roughly 132 days it would be longer then his World title reign and if he lost the title at Summerslam it would be a fitting end to Daniels year long saga. Have him win the rumble, go over Orton clean at ania and then give him a 4 month run as champ.

Magnus vs. AJ in a title unification match. Whole front row was on their feet and the whole place was chanting for AJ. So of course Magnus stalled to kill the heat. They showed a Tweet from Dixie Carter to Lindsey Vonn saying that sports could be dangerous, and I think they said Dixie had taken her out too. Magnus stalled and stalled and then EC3 and Spud ran in and attacked AJ from behind. It became a 2-on-1 match as Magnus watched from the floor. Sting finally ran down to make the save. Then the Bro-Mans and Zema Ion ran in too. So now it was 6-on-2. Magnus made a cover and Earl Hebner was very reluctant to count, but he eventually did, and AJ kicked out. Magnus spent most of this time hiding on the floor and doing literally nothing. AJ made another comeback and Bad Influence ran down to make it 8-on-2. I hope this ends with AJ being placed in a casket and then his soul rising out of the arena. Earl finally refused to count and cut a promo on Magnus, then walked out. He stopped to take a shot at Spud. That was awesome. Dixie walked out with Bryan Hebner. Earl didn't care and walked to the back. So now Bryan was the ref. He was counting normally, but AJ kicked out. YOU'RE A HEEL REF. JUST COUNT THREE. Sting and AJ were winning handily despite being outnumbered by six men. Zema Ion took a backdrop over the top rope right onto a camerman, and it sure sounded like you could hear glass break there. AJ put on the calf killer, but Bad Inluence took out the ref and threw him out. AJ hit the Styles Clash, no ref. Earl came running down (well, work with me here) to make the count, but Bad Influence yanked him out of the ring. AJ wiped them out with an amazingly stupid dive. He went up top when Roode ran down and attacked, laying AJ out with an AA. Magnus ordered him to do it again, and Roode obliged. Dixie appeared with a third ref, Brian Stifler. He was reluctant, but he eventually counted three, and Magnus won.

So, is Lagana doing acid these days, or what?

It's hard for me to even fantasy book Bryan because I'm such a fan of the guy that it clouds my judgment. I want him to win the belt and hold it for a year, winning cleanly over whoever they throw at him.

However, in my heart, I know that would be BAD FOR BUSINESS. 

Also had a truly memorable moment with Nick Mondo's return and postmatch with Little Mondo that told a great story.

Is he back for good or was this only for Cage of Death? He was one of my favorites from that era.
It was only a one shot deal. He really didn't do anything physical and was there for the storyline, which was really well done.

He actually kinda buried death match wrestling and told Rory Mondo to stop doing stupid shit.

------------------------------------------------------

I agree with the idea of Bryan chasing and Bryan being an underdog that has great matches being the best way to get him over. He doesn't have the promo of a top guy, he has very weak acting, he's never gonna be the guy that will sell more merch etc.

Doesn't mean he can't have main event programs a la Eddie, Rey, etc. but if we are talking about ending the Undertaker streak with Bryan we must look at him "the" guy moving forward. I'd rather have Punk beating Taker than Bryan, even if Punk isn't as hot right now, because at least Punk can cut main event promos and make things more personal and more bigger than just a wrestling match.

Punk is a program/storyline guy. Bryan is all about the crowd connection, the great matches and about being an underdog. People bitch about Bryan's booking but I think he has been protected: beat Cena clean, beat Orton with fast count (the story is that he'd beat him anyway), no contest with Orton, Orton need a fucking Shawn Michaels heel turn to beat Bryan and then Bryan made Shawn Michaels tap out like a bitch. 

I think they buried Orton a lot more than Bryan on that particular program. The storyline was that Bryan was the better man but Triple H and Steph preferred Orton because of his good looks even thought the crowd clearly doesn't care and wants Bryan. And guess what, the fans got pissed that Bryan is not the champion because WWE prefers Randy Orton for the good looks and so Bryan got even more over. That was the storyline anyway. They even got Triple H putting Bryan at the level of Jericho and Edge while pretending to bury him.

I don't see why people want to see Bryan as champion. What can he do as champion that he isn't doing already? He already has awesome matches in free tv all the time, it's not like he is being hold back by the booking. What else would a Bryan fan want to be honest? Him challenging for the belt it's only fun if it's done from time to time, not with him as one of the chronicle challengers. 

I mean, the fun of Bryan is that he can have a competitive good to great match with guys like Xavier Woods and that's much more fun than Bryan squashing guys because he is the top guy.

• Like 1

What else would a Bryan fan want to be honest?

For some Bryan fans, I think what they desperately long for is for Bryan to vanquish heel Cena in a Wrestlemania title match. For Bryan fans who want that, I bet a lot of them would bitch and moan about some of the necessary setup to move pieces into place for that to happen.

• Like 1

But it took so long for him to tap, OMG.

People just want Bryan to win the title and get that moment where he stands tall as the show ends. He worked hard to be recognized as the best and the two times he won the belt he was denied the big moment. I cannot see him hold it for very long afterwards. The whole drive behind this is him eventually finally winning it and there being no shenanigans to deny him.

I got back into wrestling properly in 2006, and before that I didn't know of the indies at all, so I was too late to catch onto the "Holy shit our guy CM Punk is the #1 guy" stuff.

But I bought so many Indy DVD's and saw so many shows with Bryan that I would get that feeling from Bryan if he won it. Also, considering his size, it's probably even more of an unlikely story, and I would love to see it so badly.

Are people really trying to come up with reasons why the hottest act WWE has had in about a decade shouldn't be at the top? REALLY?

There's no reason Bryan can't have an HBK-circa-1996 reign where he takes on all comers in various sizes and with different styles until he runs into a buzzsaw like HBK did. If Reigns is getting the Batista push, slow-burn it and Bryan VS Reigns could be money.

• Like 2

So Ol' Chick Magnet is supporting the Red Wings as some sort of passive aggressive way of getting to me, right? He does know that Detroit and Chicago are natural enemies and will always be that way. And even if they did somehow decide to bring em together to form some sort of City-sized Megazord (Murderzord?), it won't be at the behest of CM Punk.

So Ol' Chick Magnet is supporting the Red Wings as some sort of passive aggressive way of getting to me, right? He does know that Detroit and Chicago are natural enemies and will always be that way. And even if they did somehow decide to bring em together to form some sort of City-sized Megazord (Murderzord?), it won't be at the behest of CM Punk.

The natural enemy of Michigan is Ohio.  This is as it has always been, and always will be.  There was a damn shooting war over the border, and the president sold Michigan out because it wasn't a state yet and thus couldn't vote for him.

Fuck hell, as if there isn't a long list of "Things I hate about HHH," people mockingly going "best for business" or "bad for business" has to be on the top of the goddamn every fucking list. We get it, you uncreative assholes. Ugh.

He doesn't have the promo of a top guy, he has very weak acting, 

Can you show examples of this? 

Like every promo after the Cena Summerslam match. Are you really arguing this? Shit it's been months since he's cut a legit in ring promo.