DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY PRO WRES YAMMERING

The more complicated you have to make your explanation for the Daniel Bryan angle, the less likely it is to be remotely like what the WWE creative team actually did.

Oh, my initial point wasn't that they did it on purpose but rather that the segment got over because the crowd felt that it was they continuing to chant "yes!" that unchained Bryan from his new character.

I don't think that it was a plan all along from Bryan and Kane~! If Bryan was best friends with Kane he probably could get a 1v1 Steel Cage match in the first place. He wants to fight men one on one, not to think of contrived plans to get them. That's totally out of character for him.

Or the character is developing organically.

THOUGHT OF THE DAY.

I think when Big Show gives his Hall of Fame speech, whenever he gets in, it's probably going to be really really awesome.

I think when Big Show gives his Hall of Fame speech, it's probably going to be hard to understand a word he's saying, what with all the crying he'll be doing.

Big man cry a lot, is what I'm saying.

A whole lot.

I think it goes like this..

-If WWE creative called an audible because Bryan and/or the story line was losing steam, that's great because they recognized it early on and it means they care about Bryan being over.

-If WWE creative called an audible because Sportscenter showed "YES!" chants, that's great because they recognized that Bryan was receiving mainstream attention.

-If WWE creative planned Bryan to join the Wyatts and then wait to get Bray alone and then strike, that's great because they had a plan for him and the payoff received a huge pop.

Either way, what's the problem?

• Like 11

I wouldn't be shocked by it, but there are really few things worse for them to do right now than turn Taker heel outright (or "heel," since true heels and faces aren't supposed to exist at this point..) like aligning him with the Wyatts would do.

If they're going to run Bryan/Taker at Mania, just have it be part of Bryan trying to be the best and succeed where Hunter and Michaels failed repeatedly, to forever kill the B+ tag.

Comedy AJ Styles was funny but the problem was he became a complete moron all of a sudden and treated Angle and Cage and even Tomko as his superiors when he had already won every title in the company like 3-4 times over.

And they completely dropped the ball on the Tomko turn too.

THOUGHT OF THE DAY.

I think when Big Show gives his Hall of Fame speech, whenever he gets in, it's probably going to be really really awesome. 

Big Show leading the crowd in "YES!" chants is going to be really awesome.

THOUGHT OF THE DAY.

I think when Big Show gives his Hall of Fame speech, it's probably going to be hard to understand a word he's saying, what with all the crying he'll be doing.

Big man cry a lot, is what I'm saying.

A whole lot.

If Tommy Dreamer ever gets in the first ten rows in the audience will need one of those plastic tarps they have at Gallagher shows.

• Like 1

So with the way everyone is talking about Bryan and the Rumble, I assume y'all know something about his concussion that I don't?

Was there any truth to him having a concussion? I never seen any mention about it on WWE.com

I wouldn't be shocked by it, but there are really few things worse for them to do right now than turn Taker heel outright (or "heel," since true heels and faces aren't supposed to exist at this point..) like aligning him with the Wyatts would do.

If they're going to run Bryan/Taker at Mania, just have it be part of Bryan trying to be the best and succeed where Hunter and Michaels failed repeatedly, to forever kill the B+ tag.

And then have Punk run in to cost Bryan the match on the premise that if he can't end the streak, no one should, leading to a summer of Bryan vs Punk. Then, John Cena beats Taker next year at Wrestlemania.

Really, if you are trying to have Bryan shed the B+ tag, are you planning on having him win?

Bryan wouldn't have to win that match to be cemented as a top-level guy. Just have him stand toe-to-toe, get a few very near-falls, maybe survive interference by Shawn/HHH before losing, then have 'Taker cut a promo on RAW saying that Bryan was just as tough as his last few opponents.

Got Cage of Death from Smart Mark Video. Not only was it $5 cheaper than elsewhere, it also got to my door in under 48 hours from when I ordered it. Their service is just fantastic and I can't say enough good things about them. As for the show, I thought it was great. It had a bit of everything, from pure wrestling (Gulak-Hero), Highspot oriented wrestling (Scramble), great tag team action (Beaver Boys vs Colony), good light heavyweight match (Strickland vs Colon), a hard hitting battle (Davey vs Dickinson), comedy (Greg Excellent vs Freight Train) and of course ultraviolence in the show's namesake. Also had a truly memorable moment with Nick Mondo's return and postmatch with Little Mondo that told a great story.

I've always wondered what the big deal about someone breaking Taker's streak is. I'll admit, I've fantasy book'd a guy or two in a Taker WM match, but this whole streak must end to be mean anything seems like a bunch of hog wash. Esp with the way the WWE has been so stop and go with so many guys in the last 5 years or so. Can anyone honestly tell me that they have faith that the writers will try to maintain whoever breaks the streak's momentum if said guy isn't established as a top level guy already?

Also, this whole "take DB to the next level" talk is reeking of the CM Punk talk of the same nature. If DB isn't at THAT level after the last year or so, he ain't never gonna be at THAT level.