DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY PRO WRES YAMMERING

I can't be rational about DDP. I love the guy. Even the scum stuff seemed like something the actual DDP would say if he were disgusted with someone in real life. 

The corny insults and cliche sayings were part of the experience. 

• Like 2

Is Vicne some meme diss I missed?

Why exactly 2/24? Some anniversary of some random Vince Sr shit? Should've went live today so I can spend my day off watching Legion of Doom squash mofos and Summerslam 91 five times in a row.

Day after Elimination Chamber.

Also, my birthday, but I'm in Canada so no birthday Network for me.

Okay is it safe to assume that if you get a system that already has stuff like Netflix or Hulu Plus that it would have the network?  I still can't figure if I should buy a Roku which I know will have it or get an "smart" blu ray player with all the internet toys included. 

Wondering about this myself.  I  watch Netflix through my Blu ray player, so I was hoping ti will work the same.  I mean, if not, investing in a Roku box still makes this a deal where I come out waaaaay ahead.

Good on Shamrock for finding a way to make money for himself after his fighting career better than wrestling any small time indy that will book him for a promised $ amount that they may or may not pay all of. More money less bumps a good after career story always nice to hear better than ending up like Hulk or Flair or any others who don't find a way to make money away from wrestling.

Apparently BOWtista signed a 2 year deal as a part-timer, so looks like we'll be seeing him on and off till 2016.

Really, I have to wonder what these young guys on the roster about dudes coming in, working a program, getting their payday, and then leaving for months.

"Rotating older main eventers in and out of the active roster" is the new "Looping around the territories every 3-6 months". The method may be different but WWE hardly invented the concept. 

• Like 1

Okay is it safe to assume that if you get a system that already has stuff like Netflix or Hulu Plus that it would have the network?  I still can't figure if I should buy a Roku which I know will have it or get an "smart" blu ray player with all the internet toys included. 

Wondering about this myself.  I  watch Netflix through my Blu ray player, so I was hoping ti will work the same.  I mean, if not, investing in a Roku box still makes this a deal where I come out waaaaay ahead.

This probably falls under "Availability on additional devices, including Xbox One and select Smart TVs, will follow this summer." I'm not an app developer, but each device brand has devs that builds and creates the app for their own device. Its been discussed in other threads comparing Netflix on various devices and OS systems. iOS, Android, Roku,+ game systems are the big app based systems and WWE (probably/must) have dev teams building their Network/WWEFLIX app as best they see fit for those systems. I've got an LG "smart" Blu-ray player with apps. I'd presume if LG wanted to get in on the WWE network, they'll need to build an app and strike a deal. Other smart devices like my blu ray player are so splintered that they most likely have their own dev teams building apps they want for their system.

The apple TV availability is still a good question. Interesting they didn't mention it specifically like they did with XBox One as coming later. It's certainly a major player in the app/streaming devices game. It has its own own unique operating system, correct? Its not quite iOS, nor MAC OSX even though the network supports iOS and OSX devices.  

Also, the dude who can't put aside $10 a month is cracking me up. It works out to 32 cents a day.

I feel we need to air some charity ads for him.

"For just 32 cents a day, you can make a difference to this poor child and give him unlimited WWE viewing. Call today."

• Like 9

Fuck guys, I'm not going fucking hungry over here, I just live payday to payday, and I'm notoriously frugal. I just don't like to spend more than a few bucks at a time on anything. That's just life.  It's a moot point anyway, since the billing became clarified.

• Like 2