DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Observer/Meltzer Ominbus Thread

Explosive diarrhea is a much more iron clad excuse

Which they didn't talk about in the high altitude stuff. I go to Colorado pretty regularly as my girlfriend is finishing vet school there, and every time I go I feel like I'm going to shit out my soul.

Every time I've ever been called for jury duty, my response has been "I'm legally blind, what accommodations are you prepared to offer me to ensure that I get the same data as the sighted jurors?"  

I really am legitimately disabled, but no one has EVER asked me to show up to prove it, which just reinforces the 'jury duty is for people too dumb to weasel out of it' meme.  

Who finds out they have jury duty the day before?  Every time I've had it I knew like a month in advance.

In CA, they have you phone-in throughout the week you're scheduled for your service. 

Who finds out they have jury duty the day before? Every time I've had it I knew like a month in advance.

Herb didn't check his PSOne inbox. That's how they deliver summons these days.

Yeah, we get it.  Jesus.  It's funny once.  We've heard the same fucking joke a dozen times now.

• Like 2

Who finds out they have jury duty the day before?  Every time I've had it I knew like a month in advance.

In CA, they have you phone-in throughout the week you're scheduled for your service. 

Which is awful.  The worst is the "call at 11am and we'll tell you if we need you to be in by 1pm" for 5 straight days.  Completely ruins any ability to plan your work week.

Who finds out they have jury duty the day before? Every time I've had it I knew like a month in advance.

Herb didn't check his PSOne inbox. That's how they deliver summons these days.

Yeah, we get it. Jesus. It's funny once. We've heard the same fucking joke a dozen times now.

You must be new around here. Don't worry your air bill is in the mail.

• Like 1

Which is awful. The worst is the "call at 11am and we'll tell you if we need you to be in by 1pm" for 5 straight days. Completely ruins any ability to plan your work week.
They have the "call in all week to see if you're needed" deal here too. I've gotten summons three times, but have never even had to go into the courthouse. I got the first right after I turned 18, but didn't have to go since I was still in high school (yay December birthdays), the second I got at 23 and had to do the "call every day" thing, then the third was a little late, since I got it right before my 30th birthday last year, but I never heard anything after filling out the online form.

FUN FACT: My senior year English teacher has "jury duty" just about every year and is still somehow employed, even though everyone knows "jury duty" is code for "annual failed visit to a detox center".

It's like that in TN, too. It lasts multiple days through two months though.

Here in Michigan they give you a specific date and you call the day before to see if they need you.  I've got the summons 3 times but only had to go once.  

Ditto here in Ohio.  Of course, living in a tiny county, actually voting and not being in jail means that I get the call ever other year.  I have served twice - the last time just in November.

And since I live in said tiny county with a limited pool, basically the only way to get out of jury duty is to die or be in jail.  

My mom got the letter to possibly serve on a trial for next week.  And god I am so going to love if she actually has to serve - even better if she could serve with Dave.  Man, the other 10 people of the jury would surely kill themselves.