DVDVR Message Board

2013-14 NCAAF: Goin' Bowling

Dolfan in NYC

It is very much the dichotomy of Duke.  Outside of fans of their particular rivals, you don't find very many people who hate Duke football.

But lord do we hate their basketball program.

Some will argue it's about success or jealousy.  I disagree.  It's simply because Christian Laetner never played football at Duke.

• Like 2

Nope. No. I'm sorry A&M. You don't get to give up 48 to Duke and then chant SEC afterwards.

100% agree. One of these days, the SEC will get the rightful curb stomping they deserve. 

I'm of the belief they can only do this when they curbstomp lower teams. However, when Hawaii got stomped in a BCS game, it didn't make sense to call them overrated when the SEC team playing them had a higher ranking. 

An AP Photographer collapsed after a heart attack after the A&M/Duke game. He has apparently died, so that sucks. Name was Dave Martin, he seems to be pretty well known. If I had to guess, I'd say he was in his late 50's.

Associated Press photographer Dave Martin died of “an apparent heart attack” after collapsing at the Chick-fil-A Bowl on Tuesday, according to Georgia Dome officials.

Martin, based out of Montgomery, Ala., collapsed at 11:45 p.m. Medics could be seen performing CPR on Martin before he was put on a stretcher and taken to Emory University Hospital Midtown. Martin died at approximately 12:30 a.m.

-The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

I'm telling you guys, Texas needs to give up on flashy offensive geniuses and just drive that dump truck full of money to East Lansing.

2 straight years that nobody has scored more than 28 points against Sparty.  This was supposed to be a rebuilding year.

I'm telling you guys, Texas needs to give up on flashy offensive geniuses and just drive that dump truck full of money to East Lansing.

2 straight years that nobody has scored more than 28 points against Sparty. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year.

He's agreed to stay in return for big raises for himself and his staff.

Yeah, Baylor just won their conference title and are playing in their 1st ever BCS game. There's no reason for them not to be up for this.

I think this is really just a case of the public underestimating UCF. It stands for Central FLORIDA, you know. They do an excellent job of scooping up a lot of great talent that slips through the cracks in that state, and every 4 or 5 years, they put together a damn good team. And this year, they've lucked into an elite QB, which just takes them to the next level.

And let's not forget, Baylor's defense is garbage 24/7. This is not an out-of-the-blue occurrence. Like Oregon, it looks a lot better than it is when the offense is shooting the lights out, but when the offense struggles and they're not playing against one dimensional opponents, they are fucked.

Central Florida has played a great game but I'm still not sure what to think of Blake Bortles on the pro level. I'm getting a Blaine Gabbert vibe... not that I think he's destined to fail just that I wouldn't want to risk a first on him. He should also sit for a while. Don't throw him right in there on a bad team.