DVDVR Message Board

Double or Nothing VI - 5/26/2024

I think the card is finalized now (unless TK adds a match day of like he always does).   Also, it's so dumb that they have to say "FTW Rules for the FTW Championship", like yes motherfucker, that's the whole point.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I think the card is finalized now (unless TK adds a match day of like he always does).   Also, it's so dumb that they have to say "FTW Rules for the FTW Championship", like yes motherfucker, that's the whole point.

Most looking forward to Anarchy in the Arena, Willow Nightingale vs. Mercedes Mone, Toni Storm vs. Serena Deeb. I have no fucking interest in Chris Jericho vs. Hook vs. Katsuyori Shibata, Adam Copeland vs. Malakai Black and Bullet Club Gold vs. Death Triangle. Fuck Penta.

• Haha 2

the only match on this card i don't care about whatsoever involves Jericho. everything else should be rad.

most looking forward to:

Moxley/Takeshita

Barbed Wire Steel Cage

Anarchy in the Arena

• Like 1

Card is stacked. I haven't loved the TV leading up to this but some of these feuds have had a better buildup than the last couple PPVs.   AEW always delivers on PPV and with a stacked card like this it's an easy BUY for me.. 

I think I will go with YouTube again for the purchase. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Blood in all three matches or not?

Unless Mox gets hard way, I don't think we'lll get blood in that one.

But there has been a bit of blood in the Swerve/Cage build up, including pulling Swerve's hair out... so I do see it there.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2024 at 11:12 AM, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

*Does hand sign in Natural's face*

*Gives MoeCristyV.1.6 a different hand gesture*.

Edited by The Natural
  • Haha 6

I think Anarchy in the Arena should go on last when more often than not it's the AEW World Championship on AEW PPVs. It's a once a year tradition like Stadium Stampede although that hasn't run every year unlike Anarchy in the Arena and Blood & Guts.

I have a feeling Mox isn’t bringing the soft serve stuff to his match and he and Takeshita are going to stiff the shit out of each other. Takeshita may be the hardest hitting guy on the roster not named Brody King, but I’ve never heard anyone complain about him working too stiff. He just looks like he kills everyone with his offense.

I'm sure Ospreay vs Roddy will be great, but Roddy has never done a lot for me outside of his character work in AEW. And I’m guessing he’ll win through some kind of cheating, which sucks because Ospreay should be on a rocket ship to the top.

Main event will be good even if it’s a foregone conclusion who is winning.

I don’t think I give a shit about either women’s match aside from seeing if Mone looks rusty.

Anarchy in the Arena should be a lot of fun, but Okada may be the most out of place guy to ever be in one of those matches. That said, I’d be so into a Darby and Okada feud. I’m sure Okada is going to have a blast anyway because ever since being in AEW full time he looks like he’s been loving everything he’s been doing. And I’m just hoping no one gets hurt.

It’s time for Black to get a singles run with a title and probably time for Copeland to take a short break. I really don’t know what to expect from their match.

The other three main show matches should all be good to great. 

Aww shit, I just had a thought of a missed opportunity. If Shibata weren’t involved in this FTW stuff, he would have been a hell of a choice for a 4th man for the face side in the Anarchy in the Arena match. Okada could sell it like he saw a ghost. Omega is Okada’s greatest opponent and despite Omega beating Okada, I think Shibata is the ultimate bogeyman for Okada. A man that Okada nearly had to kill to beat. Although, at the same time, I almost want those two never to face off with each other again just because I don’t think they could be trusted to be totally safe.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I have a feeling Mox isn’t bringing the soft serve stuff to his match and he and Takeshita are going to stiff the shit out of each other. Takeshita may be the hardest hitting guy on the roster not named Brody King, but I’ve never heard anyone complain about him working too stiff. He just looks like he kills everyone with his offense.

I'm sure Ospreay vs Roddy will be great, but Roddy has never done a lot for me outside of his character work in AEW. And I’m guessing he’ll win through some kind of cheating, which sucks because Ospreay should be on a rocket ship to the top.

Main event will be good even if it’s a foregone conclusion who is winning.

I don’t think I give a shit about either women’s match aside from seeing if Mone looks rusty.

Anarchy in the Arena should be a lot of fun, but Okada may be the most out of place guy to ever be in one of those matches. That said, I’d be so into a Darby and Okada feud. I’m sure Okada is going to have a blast anyway because ever since being in AEW full time he looks like he’s been loving everything he’s been doing. And I’m just hoping no one gets hurt.

It’s time for Black to get a singles run with a title and probably time for Copeland to take a short break. I really don’t know what to expect from their match.

The other three main show matches should all be good to great. 

Aww shit, I just had a thought of a missed opportunity. If Shibata weren’t involved in this FTW stuff, he would have been a hell of a choice for a 4th man for the face side in the Anarchy in the Arena match. Okada could sell it like he saw a ghost. Omega is Okada’s greatest opponent and despite Omega beating Okada, I think Shibata is the ultimate bogeyman for Okada. A man that Okada nearly had to kill to beat. Although, at the same time, I almost want those two never to face off with each other again just because I don’t think they could be trusted to be totally safe.

I'd be very surprised if Will Ospreay lost. Can't see that happening. See Swerve Strickland vs. Will Ospreay title for title at AEW All In.

Be interesting to see how Kazuchika Okada does in Anarchy in the Arena, it's totally new to him but he's one of the greatest wrestlers of all time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

I concur with Natural that Ospreay is probably winning. The only reason I can see for Roddy to escape with his title would be because Ospreay is on a rocket ship to the top, and they don't want to waste time putting a midcard title on him.

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

The story they seem to be going with is that Black made a mistake messing with Copeland and has unleashed something he can't handle. So I doubt he's winning the match, though I suppose there are ways to make it work.

• Like 2

After looking at the card, I think Trent?/Orange would be better for blood than Mox/Tak. Mox/Tak indeed would probably only be by Moxley sneezing too hard and breaking his scar tissue open. That's gonna be a potato-fest instead. 

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Card is stacked. I haven't loved the TV leading up to this but some of these feuds have had a better buildup than the last couple PPVs.   AEW always delivers on PPV and with a stacked card like this it's an easy BUY for me.. 

I think I will go with YouTube again for the purchase. 

I was thinking about trying YouTube but I can't seem to find a pathway to buying it there. I really don't want to do B/R again if I don't have to.

Edit: I'm dumb, I was trying to find it on the TVs app but going into the AEW channel on my phone app has a route to buy it. Kinda bummed to see it expires in June, I can still watch every show I purchased over the years on B/R.

Edited by StevieNippz

7 minutes ago, StevieNippz said:

I was thinking about trying YouTube but I can't seem to find a pathway to buying it there. I really don't want to do B/R again if I don't have to.

Edit: I'm dumb, I was trying to find it on the TVs app but going into the AEW channel on my phone app has a route to buy it. Kinda bummed to see it expires in June, I can still watch every show I purchased over the years on B/R.

That's the downside.  But I started having too many issues with B/R and last time I got a PPV on YouTube it was crystal clear HD the whole time watching it.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

That's the downside.  But I started having too many issues with B/R and last time I got a PPV on YouTube it was crystal clear HD the whole time watching it.  

I honestly don't rewatch much so I'll give YouTube a shot. B/R almost ruined the Ironman match from Revolution '23 for me and it would be nice to have a clean experience for once.

Man, have the PPVs been $25 on Triller if you’re using a VPN? I thought it was usually cheaper than that.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Man, have the PPVs been $25 on Triller if you’re using a VPN? I thought it was usually cheaper than that.

Used to be $19.99 but now that's only with the AEDub sub. 

I'll still take it though 🤷🏻

• Like 1

I said fuck it and just went with the YT feed, it was too easy not to (there's no BR app on PS5 so I always have to find my Roku, start swapping cables to get the Xbox going, etc.)

Also, just a heads up to anyone else is having this issue: the purchase kept failing on the PS5 app, but I ended up just doing it through my phone and it was unlocked once I refreshed

• Like 1