DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 4/10 - 4/16/2024 - Julia Hart of (Real) Glass

3 minutes ago, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

I just want to give Tony Schiavone a hug.

Same and Tony's dog passed away recently. That sucks.

Edited by The Natural
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Matt D said:

You guys were no help:

Rampage:

TBS Championship Match: Julia Hart vs. Leyla Hirsch
* Jay White vs. Matt Sydal
* Orange Cassidy vs. Alex Reynolds
* Cool Hand Ang vs. Zak Knight

Solid Worldwide stuff there. 

I love Orange training to fight Trent by fighting Smaller Trent.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

He looks younger. I thought he was like 23. 

He's 26. So closer to 23 than 30, anyway.

And how is almost 30 not a kid? What board does Casey think he's on?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, tbarrie said:

He's 26. So closer to 23 than 30, anyway.

And how is almost 30 not a kid? What board does Casey think he's on?

just to be an asshole here… in like two months he’ll be closer to 30 than 23, because he’ll be 27 😝

It's a shame that video over shadowed an otherwise good episode of Dynamite. Copeland vs. Penta was awesome. Adam was busting out flying head scissors and stuff during this one. A really great match.

The video really was dumb especially with no audio. The Bucks trying to pass it off that this was the reason they lost was just stupid. I will hand it to FTR who tried their best to make something out of this and both of them cut a hell of a promo. Another good promo was the Julia burning masks video. Julia always comes off awesome in those types of videos.

Mariah vs. Anna was good. Post match as I said in the discord chat, they expect you to watch Stardom and know who these people are. Stardom is a small niche than they are all ready aiming at.

Dustin vs. Joe was good. Soon as they said blood I knew Dustin would be bleeding. They hyped the over run so I was expecting him to kickout after the beltshot but it was not to be.

Overall aside from that one segment, not a bad show.

Oh are we getting Shibata vs. Moxley in the future? Shibata hitting on Renee was funny. I could see Mox taking issue with that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

aaaaand now they’re copyright striking footage of Brawl In and fan shot footage of inside the arena while it aired.

They shouldn't have put it on YouTube but AEW put up what both teams said and cut out the backstage footage.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

They shouldn't have put it on YouTube but AEW put up what both teams said and cut out the backstage footage.

Close the stable door after the horse has bolted comes to mind.

• Like 1

I feel bad for the wrestlers out there tonight who got overshadowed by the All In nonsense.

Cope/Penta, Anna Jay/Mariah May, Joe/Dustin all over delivered tonight. That's what the focus should be on, wrestling. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I feel bad for the wrestlers out there tonight who got overshadowed by the All In nonsense.

Cope/Penta, Anna Jay/Mariah May, Joe/Dustin all over delivered tonight. That's what the focus should be on, wrestling. 

Anything was going to get overshadowed by the All In London footage.

Pretty much guaranteed Punk chants every time the Bucks are in the ring for the next few months. Brilliant move guys. 

The internet can fight over how close Punk’s version of events was to the footage. Pretty close I would say, but damn that line about Tony not running a real business hits a little different after watching that disaster of a segment.

Such a nothing of a fight really in the context of a pro wrestling locker room. Would love to see how it compares to, say, the multiple times Sammy Guevara has been punched backstage over the last few years.

Maybe Drew gets a few good lines of material out of this. Silver lining.

• Like 3

So in short, nothing Punk said was disproved, nothing was added to the upcoming match and everybody involved in the ‘creative’ for this looks like a clown show. Remarkably stupid on all levels. 

• Like 6

Someone joked the other day that this was TK pulling a Bill Watts. 

The funny thing is that Watts would have just let either Phil and Jack or before that Phil and the Bucks just fight it out in the locker room and been done with it, like Butch and Nord, maybe most notably. 

As Phil said , these thing s happen (or happened) in real sports.  Imagine telling the non sports watching section of their fanbase about Michael Irvin and everett mciver. 

Man…showing that video did exactly what I thought it would do, which was nothing good. It basically proved Punk was right about, well, everything. And TK and/or the Bucks wanting to show the footage just shows how fucking shook they are and how rent free Punk lives in their heads. Trying to spin the incident as the reason why the Bucks lost to FTR is fucking laughable.

I gave a perfectly good way to use that footage by saying Nick and Matt are sick of all the violence backstage, creating a workplace safety video  that uses that footage, and then Nick saying that he’s so pissed he’s fining both guys only for Matt to correct him and say neither guy is in AEW. That would have been a funny, almost DX-esque use of the footage. Instead in went over like a fart in church.

Again…UNFORCED ERRORS…Come on guys. Pull your heads out of your asses.

• Like 2

There’s also something kind of funny to Taz just sauntering around totally unfazed by it all. Taz is a dude who has seen some worse shit go down in ECW, WWE, and TNA. That was nothing.

TK also looks like a bitch in that footage. 

• Like 1