DVDVR Message Board

AEW DYNASTY - 4/21/2024

Just now, Log said:

Strong is a guy I don’t look forward to watching or actively seek out, but then when I do see him wrestle, I always remember that he’s really fucking good at it. 

Thank you, this sums up Strong perfectly for me as well.  He always came across "forgettable" to me until he starts slinging backbreakers and you go "fuck yeah".  I did like the personality he showed with Neck Strong though.

• Like 5

I’m a high guy on the board when it comes to O’Reilly, and the description of Strong as a guy you don’t care about until you watch him do 12 different nasty backbreaker variations and freak out, is perfect.

On the other hand, I’m a low guy on the board when it comes to PAC, he can do a lot of cool stuff but I don’t care for his matches. So will be interesting to see what he and Okada do.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JLowe said:

I’m a high guy on the board when it comes to O’Reilly, and the description of Strong as a guy you don’t care about until you watch him do 12 different nasty backbreaker variations and freak out, is perfect.

I've always thought of both those guys as the opposite of an "and then the bell rang" guy.

• Like 1

Now I wonder on the possibility of Bobby Fish coming back and helping O'Reilly.  I could see reDragon taking the ROH tag belts from Kingdom, because I definitely don't see Strong losing right now.

Edited by StuntmanCrowley

On 4/15/2024 at 5:28 AM, Just Dave said:

I don’t understand this Kyle O Reilly/Rod Strong thing. Like… who is this for? Do you think there are 50 people worldwide who weren’t gonna order Dynasty who will now because this match is on the card? Tony drives me crazy with this niche within a niche shit…

Can I somehow cancel my order on Triller Tv, since I saw this match added? Nah, just kidding.

In my previous job, where I didn't start on Mondays until 3pm, I didn't mind. In my current job, I start at 10am, but that means waking up at 8. So I'm now in complete agreement re: Sunday PPVs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think they made Bucks/FTR a ladder match so that FTR can more easily lose via shenanigans without taking a pinfall loss. Not that I've ever gotten the impression that FTR refuses to take pins, far from it, but it will give the rematch an easier justification and maybe will make the anti-Bucks people more chill as grabbing titles from a ladder has always felt like less of a direct loss than pinning someone.

Anyway, I assume Jack Perry makes his return to help The Young Bucks win.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Natural said:

Wish this wasn't a Sunday show, Monday in the early hours of the morning UK time.

10 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Death

Taxes

Me and you shitting on Sunday PPVs

9 hours ago, AxB said:

In my previous job, where I didn't start on Mondays until 3pm, I didn't mind. In my current job, I start at 10am, but that means waking up at 8. So I'm now in complete agreement re: Sunday PPVs.

Thank you.

AEW Dynasty didn't need Bullet Club Gold vs. The Acclaimed/Billy Gunn and Hook vs. Chris Jericho. Unnecessary filler which will pad out the runtime even more especially when it goes out in the early hours of the morning.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Natural said:

AEW Dynasty didn't need Bullet Club Gold vs. The Acclaimed/Billy Gunn and Hook vs. Chris Jericho. Unnecessary filler which will pad out the runtime even more especially when it goes out in the early hours of the morning.

The trios is a Zero Hour match so it wouldn't be adding any time.

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm glad BCG/The Acclaimed for all the gold got added to Dynasty. We don't need two sets of trios titles. 

What are the odds they unify the belts just to split them up again three months later like the Continental crown?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm glad BCG/The Acclaimed for all the gold got added to Dynasty. We don't need two sets of trios titles. 

I wasn't paying super close attention but it didn't sound like the match is to unify the belts. Just that the winner will get the other set. I'm alllllll in favor of them merging the titles. But I just don't see it. TK seems like he likes having 1,000 belts around. Plus ROH just debuted that new design.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

8 hours ago, hobo joe said:

What are the odds they unify the belts just to split them up again three months later like the Continental crown?

17 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I wasn't paying super close attention but it didn't sound like the match is to unify the belts. Just that the winner will get the other set. I'm alllllll in favor of them merging the titles. But I just don't see it. TK seems like he likes having 1,000 belts around. Plus ROH just debuted that new design.

You get a belt! And you get a belt! You get a belt! And you get a belt!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Man, Jon Moxley is so fucking great. I don't know if anyone has benefited more from AEW than him.

100%.   And yet, when "Sierra... Hotel.... "  played, I was convinced for .1 seconds that Hunter had pulled off the coup of a lifetime and somehow called Dean Ambrose home.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Yes, it's being billed as "Winner Take All" and not "Unification" because Tony gets a tax write off for the more belts he has out there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

TK said on the media call:

The winner of the match will be the Undisputed World Trios Champions. I think that's very cool and it'll create a lot of great opportunities for the top trios out there, Khan said on today's call. I think it's very exciting, you know, some consolidation and unification of championships.

I'm very happy to be wrong on this. A trios division is so niche it's crazy they've had two sets of championships for it for almost two years now. Now do more unifications. And don't use this as a story device to just re-separate them again.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

TK said on the media call:

I'm very happy to be wrong on this. A trios division is so niche it's crazy they've had two sets of championships for it for almost two years now. Now do more unifications. And don't use this as a story device to just re-separate them again.

This especially breaking them up.