DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2024 Wrestling Talk

46 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

There is a Memphis vignette of Ernest Miller set to Kung Fu Fighting that I never knew I wanted until now.

The other territories would use Kung Fu Fighting, Memphis would actually give him two videos and break out Dance the Kung Fu as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

watching the "Two of Hearts" music video and noticing one of Stacey Q's outfits is the yellow polka dots on black outfit that Dusty would get in the WWF a few years later https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfBdGT4dn4E

impressive restraint by the WWF/WWE to employ a good chunk of the Hart family and not have some of them teamed up as "Two of Harts" (okay, Vince likely doesn't know who Stacey Q is)

• Like 2

Total coincidence I'm dying at: I was just talking about Ernest Miller last night to/at my better half because we were discussing the Diddy filings, and I had to repeat the "I taught Usher Raymond karate. What, you don't believe me, bitch?" line from some shoot I saw with him a million years ago

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Log said:

This needs to be one of those, “Men, what is keeping you from dressing this way?” posts. 

They are so badass, they can wear whatever they want. Who's going to tell them otherwise?? Lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Log said:

Modern hipster style is basically 80s/90s dad wear now, so that tracks.

"Old Man Yells at Cloud" rant from me: I don't get/like recent fashion changes over the past couple of years. Short and boxy cuts on tops that make people look like they're wearing a tarp; floods-like cuff hems on pants; loud patterns on shirts; dumpy sweatshirts/sweaters; haircuts that look like they were self-administered with a butter knife; wispy mustaches. Everyone looks like shit.

Edited by Hamhock
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WebConn89 said:

It looks like Little Richard is trying to figure out when he took that picture. “When in the hell did I do this?”

Knowing Little Richard, I think his reaction would be the opposite of that. More like, "Why do they got this motherfucker dressed up like a thrift store version of me?" 

Doesn't also help it's an Italian dude from Buffalo cosplaying as a black dude.

• Like 4

How long was Steve Austin actually the Ringmaster? I don't remember him actually being the Ringmaster as long as WWE or Austin makes it seem. He didn't become Stone Cold until maybe a month before DiBiase left. He was carrying the Million dollar championship around until WrestleMania 12 but he wasn't the Ringmaster. Was he the Ringmaster after the Royal Rumble? I think that was the last time he wore green trunks or any other color trunks that wasn't black. 

I don't think he was the Ringmaster past the first few tapings he was on.

31 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

How long was Steve Austin actually the Ringmaster? I don't remember him actually being the Ringmaster as long as WWE or Austin makes it seem. He didn't become Stone Cold until maybe a month before DiBiase left. He was carrying the Million dollar championship around until WrestleMania 12 but he wasn't the Ringmaster. Was he the Ringmaster after the Royal Rumble? I think that was the last time he wore green trunks or any other color trunks that wasn't black. 

Wikipedia says about two months.  He debuted the gimmick in late December 95 but the episode aired in early January 96. By March 11, he dropped the nickname.

Edited by Technico Support

28 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

That was a fun enough walk down memory lane that I researched it. On the 2/19 RAW, he was still called The Ringmaster but Vince referred to him as a "Stone Cold" person during his walk down. But otherwise they called him The Ringmaster on commentary. On the 3/11 RAW, his introduction name says "Stone Cold". Vince on commentary says something to the gist of "he is known as The Ringmaster but from the look on his face, I'd say he is more 'Stone Cold' than anything" with King following with "Stone Cold Steve Austin, I love it!" which is what they proceeded to call him (repeatedly). So it may have been on that show they officially changed it.

• Like 3

He wasn't the Ringmaster long but the days of the old IWC, they just made it seem like he was stuck in the gimmick.

The Ringmaster thing was just suppose to be a takeoff of something like the Excellence of Execution except it didn't stick. Less of a gimmick and more of a nickname.