DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2024 Wrestling Talk

3 hours ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

Wrestling fans are weird. I found someone with a ton of satellite dark match footage on Archive. I'm scrolling through seeing what's there and end up on a huge illuminati section and it just went downhill from there. I didn't know that Rhianna was part of MKULTRA but now I do. 

You, uh, wanna drop a link to that dark match footage?

• Like 3

Why would Kevin Sullivan do a Masha Slamovich & Killer Kelly gimmick? They weren't even born yet?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

https://archive.org/details/@riot_coke776?and[]=mediatype%3A"movies"

It's at the bottom after the "Courtney killed Kurt" El Duece videos and the backmasking expose of Taylor Swift.

Natalie Wood ritual sacrifice exposé? This guy is a connoisseur.

Thanks, some good looking matches in there.

• Like 2

March 1979 Nashville

Six Man Tag Team Match

Andre The Giant & The Jet Set (Bobby Eaton & George Gulas) defeat Gypsy Joe & The Fabulous Freebirds (Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy)

And from a few weeks later in Birmingham, for historical amusement:

NWA Mid-America Tag Team Title: The Fabulous Freebirds (Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy) (c) vs. Bobby Eaton & Robert Gibson - Draw

Edited by odessasteps
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

NWA Mid-America Tag Team Title: The Fabulous Freebirds (Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy) (c) vs. Bobby Eaton & Robert Gibson - Draw

Wow. I never knew Bobby and Robert teamed together. It's a combo that just seems so wrong a few years later.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

Wow. I never knew Bobby and Robert teamed together. It's a combo that just seems so wrong a few years later.

Similar to Bobby teaming with Steve Keirn in the 90s. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

In the spirit of “this event is estimated to pump (x) into the local economy”, time for a heel to insist that their presence pumps millions into local economies

looking at you, Young Bucks

There is probably some cheeky graphic tee somewhere with a fake knockoff WWE logo with "I Want to Pump Something into Your Local Economy.".

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Similar to Bobby teaming with Steve Keirn in the 90s. 

There is a Memphis show I watched from 1982 recently with the then "original" Midnights (Condrey, Rose, and Norvell Austin), Bobby Eaton, Stan Lane, Ricky Morton, I think Robert Gibson tagging with his brother, and also Steve Keirn. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

There is a Memphis show I watched from 1982 recently with the then "original" Midnights (Condrey, Rose, and Norvell Austin), Bobby Eaton, Stan Lane, Ricky Morton, I think Robert Gibson tagging with his brother, and also Steve Keirn. 

My favorite part of watching old Memphis is seeing all the parts of what will be some of the greatest tag teams of all time, just floating around together. It's like the universe settling down after the Big Bang.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just now, Johnny Sorrow said:

My favorite part of watching old Memphis is seeing all the parts of what will be some of the greatest tag teams of all time, just floating around together. It's like the universe settling down after the Big Bang.

That and there is bunch of connective tissue for future stuff down the line. Suck there are many episodes missing or hard to find (for example, part of Savage's run when the Poffos finally come into Jarrett's promotion).

On 3/17/2024 at 11:06 PM, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

On 3/18/2024 at 12:39 AM, Zimbra said:

DVDVR: having correct opinions since you could smoke in restaurants.

I forgot PowerSlam Magazine frequently quoting us in that feature. Mark Henry is better than Shawn Michaels was one. I got a quote as The Crippler, my username here from September 2005-June 2007. No way I was keeping that so voluntarily changed to The Natural. Been that ever since. This version of the board began in July 2003. Think I'm one of the very few who hasn't changed their username since then.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Octopus said:

What are the 5 Most Important WWE matches of all time, in your opinion? 

Good question. #1 for sure is Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin at WrestleMania 13. The double turn. Steve Austin becoming the biggest draw ever. It's the greatest wrestling match of all time as well. *****.

• Like 3

Hmmm, good question, not sure if I understand it completely, but let's give it a shot.

1. Scott Steiner v Hunter Helmsley - Royal Rumble
2. Kane/Taker v Kanyon/DDP - Summerslam 2001
3. Hunter Helmsley v Booker T - Wrestlemania
4. Hunter Helmsely v Rocky v Mick Foley v Sonofabitch Paul Wight - Wrestlemania
5. Undertaker v Kurt Angle - Fully Loaded

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Hmmm, good question, not sure if I understand it completely, but let's give it a shot.

1. Scott Steiner v Hunter Helmsley - Royal Rumble
2. Kane/Taker v Kanyon/DDP - Summerslam 2001
3. Hunter Helmsley v Booker T - Wrestlemania
4. Hunter Helmsely v Rocky v Mick Foley v Sonofabitch Paul Wight - Wrestlemania
5. Undertaker v Kurt Angle - Fully Loaded

https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.98a6f34ec5f8c238260cd8b3da171590?rik=795QLI5K6Vtydw&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Good question. #1 for sure is Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin at WrestleMania 13. The double turn. Steve Austin becoming the biggest draw ever. It's the greatest wrestling match of all time as well. *****.

That’s pretty much why I picked him vs HBK “The Austin era has begun!” But that’s a good call as well. I almost put The screw job as on gave us the Mr. Macmahon character for good an for ill but I think that would have happened anyway as WWF needed a top heel for Austin 

• Like 2

Taking 'most important' to mean 'most important in making the WWE a wrestling hegemon': Bruno/Zbysko at Shea, Hogan/Sheik, Hogan/Andre, Austin/Hart, Austin/Rock.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1