DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 1/29 - 2/4/2024 - Ice Ice Bayley

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

Maybe because the shows have been better?

If we could trade some shows from 2014 to 2024 and from 2024 to 2014... I suspect the 2024 crowd would handle 2014 content a lot better than the 2014 crowd would handle 2024 content. It might be hard to gauge how good 2013/14/15 if you factor out crowds, but it wouldn't surprise me if the actual on-screen product hasn't really improved a lot over 10 years.

It's possible a lot of the difference is that the crowd turned over post-Thunderdome to become a bunch of people who don't strive to be mad in public.

How mad should people really be that Cody, who shoulda known better, is the victim here. Cody's been partly hampered by the fact that the guy who hired him has had his power disappear since 2022 and that the current WWE boss is a guy that Cody spent time talking trash about before returning to the WWE. Like no shit, a de-facto booker change is gonna mess with some guys spots. I mean, he could still fall upwards. But if Cody gets a front office job, I'm guessing that means he's not pushing himself harder because maybe someone at Endeavor will have enough of a brain cell to know "don't let your front office guys put the titles on themselves"

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I’ve already read people fat shaming Bayley. People fucking suck. Nearly perfect body, but yeah, let’s call her fat. Fucking incels.

[Cibernetico]

You have got to be fucking kidding me. She's gorgeous, especially since they've let her be after she dropped the Lisa Frank kiddie schtick. She looks ten times better than most of their roster, too.

But, assholes gonna asshole. Me? Gimme that Bayley Booty (sung to the tune of "Gimme that Frannie Booty" from American Dad) 😄

[/Cibernetico]

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

[Cibernetico]

You have got to be fucking kidding me. She's gorgeous, especially since they've let her be after she dropped the Lisa Frank kiddie schtick. She looks ten times better than most of their roster, too.

But, assholes gonna asshole. Me? Gimme that Bayley Booty (sung to the tune of "Gimme that Frannie Booty" from American Dad) 😄

[/Cibernetico]

It’s my fault. I let SD get me so riled up that I went looking for other people’s takes on this on Reddit and, ugh, Twitter, and then almost immediately regretted it. I then logged out of my Twitter account which I probably haven’t logged into for over a year.

Done stare into the abyss, kids.

• Haha 1

Just now, Craig H said:

It’s my fault. I let SD get me so riled up that I went looking for other people’s takes on this on Reddit and, ugh, Twitter, and then almost immediately regretted it. I then logged out of my Twitter account which I probably haven’t logged into for over a year.

Done stare into the abyss, kids.

There are some legit terrible wrestling (or insert whatever here) communities out there. This happened when I was reading comment sections elsewhere on the Vince rape allegations. Really icky people out there. 

11 hours ago, Craig H said:

Anyway, can someone ask HHH what inning of the story are we in at this point?

This is inning 5 of 9. Did you guys mistake that reference for something else? This is the 5th year of the 9 years overall he'll be champion to break Bruno's record. Even if that's not the actual plan, that's what the wink wink reference to which inning they were in was about. Because that was a Heyman line during a presser a few years back.

I'm of two minds with that whole thing. I get where they are going here. But again that's under the assumption that the destination is still so far away. But it really is kicking sand in the face of the fans. You have a clear number one face. With a clear goal the fans want to see happen. And you just never give it to them. In the days when attendance mattered and ratings and buys mattered that would kill a company. But we're in the days where rights fees & Saudi money are all that matters.

6 hours ago, dogwelder said:

It's all a swerve.  Cody's going to face Ilja or Trick for the NXT title at WM.

That would actually make more story sense than what we got. I'm gonna take everything from you. But I'm going to start at literal zero and work my way up to you. So not a single soul can say I didn't earn it. Then work his way up through all the titles and boom. But no the current story is I want this so bad, and I won the chance to do it now, but nah dawg. Here's Rocky.

• Like 1

I feel so bad for Cody and I don’t even like him.

This is a 100% power move from The Rock. I know this is easy to say now but I’ve found anything he’s done wrestling wise in the past 10+ years to be cringey and disingenuous, the whole “I’ve got goosebumps” seems to be forced. “I started off with $7 in my pocket” “I had a moustache when I was 6” blah blah blah, all ego stroking. 

The most worrying part of all this is that he has Gerwitz back as his creative rep, god only knows what his next power move will be. 

Edited by peterien
  • Like 2

DIY vs Creeds vs Imperium vs The New Day announced for Raw to determine the Raw side of the qualifying match to face Judgement Day at Elimination Chamber.

I feel like DIY is the favorite with Imperium and New Day negating each other and the Creeds seemingly being cooled off a bit.

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

[Cibernetico]

[/Cibernetico]

421712120_2173184239688948_4192090331056

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, blitzkrieg said:

DIY vs Creeds vs Imperium vs The New Day announced for Raw to determine the Raw side of the qualifying match to face Judgement Day at Elimination Chamber.

I feel like DIY is the favorite with Imperium and New Day negating each other and the Creeds seemingly being cooled off a bit.

Surprised Awesome Truth isn't in there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

Yeah I agree with this. Cody fans are like…Astros fans. Lots of recent success, good turnout, it’s a good time. Bryan fans were Phillies fans. It’s just a different deal.

Does that mean they would be okay with Cody cheating to win? 😀

• Haha 3

This is not to dig on anyone here but I've been thinking about it and the thread brought it to mind: Maybe wrestling in general should cool it with objectifying women after this past week. We should anyway, and should have long ago, but we should now too. Too much of women's gear evokes lingerie or looks based off a Rob Liefeld drawing for my taste, although I guess you can wear full clothes and we'll objectify you anyway

• Like 1

Lost in all of the Rock/Reigns/Cody stuff is the fact that we’re close to a Triple Tails revival in WWE if they kick out Dakota next after Bayley. Hell yeah.

If the trending topics are any indicator, Twitter users are trying to throw some weight around, which since this is X/Twitter in 2024, means they'll fail miserably at winning over the fans who actually go to WWE shows.

Considering this is 2024 and the internet isn't actually much of a luxury item, the split really isn't between online/offline fans, but between very online fans and everybody else.

2 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Too much of women's gear evokes lingerie or looks based off a Rob Liefeld drawing for my taste, although I guess you can wear full clothes and we'll objectify you anyway

yeah there's a fetish for everybody, if they went towards JNCOs and Hoodies, there'd still be some people getting way too into it

6 minutes ago, Casey said:

Lost in all of the Rock/Reigns/Cody stuff is the fact that we’re close to a Triple Tails revival in WWE if they kick out Dakota next after Bayley. Hell yeah.

Mio Shirai is still retired so its not getting any closer.

I hate how all the gear looks the same.  There's not a ton of difference between a Mariah May and Tiffany Stratton for example.  Maybe some can wear long tights or pants or what, or get assigned their All Japan colors or something. 

• Like 1

somehow this idea will end up with Nia Jax being dressed as a biker who still has very nice hair, a change from her previous gimmick as "the monster heel with really nice hair"

then again, WWE is the land that hasn't figured out that they could solve the "all the movie sounds the same" thing by just attaching some sort of distinctive open to songs to remind people "hey, it's this person"

When they did a video this week on UUDD, they were playing a match between Shayna and Rhea and Dakota was asking when did women start wearing fishnets. 

for me, all the weird hair and make up is as big an issue as their costuming as a viewer. But this could just be cloud yelling. 😀

and look how many people complain when the women work in KSA and have to cover up. 

Edited by odessasteps

11 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Mio Shirai is still retired so its not getting any closer.

And that’s why I said revival and not a reunion. Asuka and Io are there, Mio replaced with Kairi.

• Like 1