DVDVR Message Board
Message added by Dolfan in NYC,

FYI --

On 2/22/2024 at 1:55 PM, Phil Schneider said:

Folks have asked me how they can help with the show, we are looking for people to sponsor matches! So if you have something you want to promote reach out to Matt at [email protected]. Just let him know what you want to promote!!

I was also thinking that we could have the board as a whole sponsor a match, if folks have some cash to spare we could all pool it and have a match be a "brought to you by the DVDVR board." One of the things I am excited about for this show is that we are bringing in folks who aren't the typical "Mania weekend guys working 10 shows" Demus and Slim J aren't working anywhere else Mania weekend, Thatcher is only working us and Bloodsport, and we have one more wild name like that we are working on, but could use some help with the plane tickets and hotel room. 

If you want to contribute to the group sponsorship, you can PayPal Matt at [email protected] or use Venmo or Cashapp, just put DVDVR Board DEAN~! sponsorship in the tag line. If we could raise a couple hundred bucks it would make it a lot easier to pull the trigger on this name we are working on 🙂

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

I'll be brief, busy day

Thanks from the bottom of my heart. This is a privilege to have your trust in representing the board, fandom and remember Dean himself

If you're coming, if I am short it's because of being busy. Post show I'll have tons of time

Online on IWTV.LIVE please use code "ACTION" when signing up and start watching about 745 when it goes live if you would

For twitter, the tag is #ACTIONDean

Thanks again so much

Matt

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

I'll be brief, busy day

Thanks from the bottom of my heart. This is a privilege to have your trust in representing the board, fandom and remember Dean himself

If you're coming, if I am short it's because of being busy. Post show I'll have tons of time

Online on IWTV.LIVE please use code "ACTION" when signing up and start watching about 745 when it goes live if you would

For twitter, the tag is #ACTIONDean

Thanks again so much

Matt

Gregg and I should be there 7ish. I’m not sure where my old lucha masks are (still not unpacked despite moving 7 months ago) but I’ll probably be wearing an old (as in the band, not the age of the shirt) punk rock band shirt in honor of DEAN~! as I don’t have any cool wrestling shirts.

Also, I have an email with my ticket receipt but no actual ticket link or pdf. Hopefully, that’s enough to get in?

• Like 4

A reminder for watchers online: adjust for your regional time zone accordingly! This is at 8 PM Eastern so Central will be 9 (thankfully I'm off at 8 CE), for example. Just Google it if you need to. 

30 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Gregg and I should be there 7ish. I’m not sure where my old lucha masks are (still not unpacked despite moving 7 months ago) but I’ll probably be wearing an old (as in the band, not the age of the shirt) punk rock band shirt in honor of DEAN~! as I don’t have any cool wrestling shirts.

Also, I have an email with my ticket receipt but no actual ticket link or pdf. Hopefully, that’s enough to get in?

You just need your e mail confirmation .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

A reminder for watchers online: adjust for your regional time zone accordingly! This is at 8 PM Eastern so Central will be 9 (thankfully I'm off at 8 CE), for example. Just Google it if you need to. 

Central is 7, not 9

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I found my lucha masks! Don’t work well with my glasses but I’ll be donning Ultimo Dragon once or twice for fun.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

That was an MCW show, and yes it was Axl Rotten. Dean, the Phils and everyone went to that and it was really bad because there were little kids there, figuring out how to flip off people even though they didn't know how to (like holding their fingers up to do it), just totally uncalled for filth. I think considering the content of the show as long as you aren't saying some really egregious stuff you'll be okay. Just take the temperature of the room and see if there are any kids there. Be smart. 

Slim J is gonna get a lot of love tonight. It would be nice if he got a lucha rain of money at the end of the match. I'm not sure if that would be viewed as respectful or mocking his situation however.

Also wondering if there are title changes! I'll see y'all in the chat.

I said my own variation of Dean's incredible performance art from the 400 level of Citizens Bank Park. Surrounded by children. My heckle was received with laughter, applause and gratitude -- especially from the parents in this section. We raise them right here in Philadelphia! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I found my lucha masks! Don’t work well with my glasses but I’ll be donning Ultimo Dragon once or twice for fun.

I found my Penta mask but my pesky glasses get in the way.  Maybe I'll bring it at the risk of incurring the wrath of Natural.

If not then I'll be the dude in the W*ING shirt and maybe a hat.  I can't believe it's today already.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I found my Penta mask but my pesky glasses get in the way.  Maybe I'll bring it at the risk of incurring the wrath of Natural.

If not then I'll be the dude in the W*ING shirt and maybe a hat.  I can't believe it's today already.

No wrath, mate. I love you.

Love you, DEAN.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Really kicking myself for not making the trip but I'll be watching along tonight.  I'm sure everyone will do the big man proud.

• Like 1

Entry is will call, we have a list at the door and your email receipt is confirmation 

Can't wait to see everyone.  Will have some ACTION shirts if so inclined to help me out and purchase one to help fund the weekend

• Like 1

Quick question, I'm re-joining IWTV - it won't allow me to use the 'ACTION' code. A message indicates it's for first time subscribers. I'm not so worried about the discount, but does a regular re-up of a subscription help the cause? Or is there some other way to identify I'm subscribing for DEAN!?

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Quick question, I'm re-joining IWTV - it won't allow me to use the 'ACTION' code. A message indicates it's for first time subscribers. I'm not so worried about the discount, but does a regular re-up of a subscription help the cause? Or is there some other way to identify I'm subscribing for DEAN!?

Try using a new email?