DVDVR Message Board

2024 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Just watched a video titled “Top 10 NFL Schedule Announcement Videos”.  Never thought that would be a thing.

lol, teams are spending way too much time and money on this.

• Like 1

Giants just introduced a throwback uniform that is an afront to God

(And yes - I am quite aware of the historical reasons for the uniform)

I do not have an account with any gambling application and/or website.  Though if I did.... I'd bet my 401(k) "upsets" on Week 6 and Week 9:

Please also note, the Airplanes o/u for total wins is 9.5  🙂 🙃

39 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Giants just introduced a throwback uniform that is an affront to God

(And yes - I am quite aware of the historical reasons for the uniform)

GNtKt6LXMAEb6B6?format=jpg&name=medium

👀

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Looking at the last quarter of the Steelers schedule, if Tomlin still adopts the "we don't turn on the gas until week 13" strategy like the last 4 or so years we are fucked

Jared Goff had officially signed his gazillion dollar contract with the Lions. He requested, and got, a no-trade clause. Lions fans are going nuts celebrating the signing. 

Question: Who leads the NFL in passing yards since Patrick Mahomes came into the league? 

Answer: Jared Goff. 

19 hours ago, hammerva said:

Looking at the last quarter of the Steelers schedule, if Tomlin still adopts the "we don't turn on the gas until week 13" strategy like the last 4 or so years we are fucked

Our schedule after Thanksgiving is a goddamn murderers row. 

On 5/17/2024 at 1:51 AM, Tabe said:

Jared Goff had officially signed his gazillion dollar contract with the Lions. He requested, and got, a no-trade clause. Lions fans are going nuts celebrating the signing. 

Question: Who leads the NFL in passing yards since Patrick Mahomes came into the league? 

Answer: Jared Goff. 

I like Goff, he's been really good in Detroit and as a Bills fan I've always had a soft spot for the team due to their decades of being bad like the Bills were. I still hope somehow in the next few years we get a Lions/Bills SB, it would be tremendous (not for ratings, but for me).

On the other hand, the next set of QBs to sign contracts are really licking their lips now. I know its not time yet to extend Josh Allen, probably not til 2026, but part of me wants them to go ahead and do it as with all the new TV rights deals/the cap going up its just going to get more and more expensive to sign these guys.

On 5/20/2024 at 7:40 PM, Kevin Wilson said:

I like Goff, he's been really good in Detroit and as a Bills fan I've always had a soft spot for the team due to their decades of being bad like the Bills were. I still hope somehow in the next few years we get a Lions/Bills SB, it would be tremendous (not for ratings, but for me).

On the other hand, the next set of QBs to sign contracts are really licking their lips now. I know its not time yet to extend Josh Allen, probably not til 2026, but part of me wants them to go ahead and do it as with all the new TV rights deals/the cap going up its just going to get more and more expensive to sign these guys.

Yeah, Burrow (who might just be overrated) and Allen have to have enjoyed the news of the Goff signing. 

I think the biggest question mark out there is what does Tua get.  He's obviously good, but last year was literally the first complete year of healthy play.

So, everything I've seen on Dolphins blogs/twitter says they're desperately trying to get him to do an incentive based mega-deal, rather than just pony up the (probably) 50+ per that he'd get all things being equal.  Plus if there's some flexibility with the number he commands, maybe they won't have a ridiculous cap hit if it all falls apart. 

There were some rumors he was going to hold out of training camp, but that doesn't appear to be the case. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40250779/olympic-gold-medal-wrestler-gable-steveson-signing-bills

Gable Steveson, an Olympic gold medalist and one of the most dominant college wrestlers in NCAA history, is jumping to the NFL to sign with the Buffalo Bills, his agent Carter Chow told ESPN.

Steveson is signing the standard rookie three-year deal and he now will set out to join Bob Hayes as the only athlete ever to win a Super Bowl ring and an Olympic gold medal.

Steveson knows the learning curve will be steep but is excited for the opportunity.

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

That didn't work well for Brock, can't see it going well here.

Hell, at least Brock played high school football. Gable reportedly had never put cleats on until his first workout with the Bills. 

(Though it went better for Lesnar than people remember. He made it to the final round of cuts, and the Vikings wanted him to play a year in NFL Europe and come back but since travel was the biggest reason he quit WWE...)

Also, Steveson continuing to live a charmed life in large part because Minnesota had really bad laws is disturbing.

• Like 1

NCAA and World champion wrestler Stephen Neal played for the Patriots for the thick end of a decade having never played college football in ther earlier part of this century (wow, phrasing it like that makes me feel geriatric).  However, his wrestling was never of the pro variety.

• Like 1

Washington released Brandon McManus so one would presume they weren’t happy with what they found out in their own internal investigation 

Tyreek Hill, who'd earlier said this would be his final NFL contract, has apparently changed his mind and is working on an extension with Miami.

Posted (edited)

Allen played college ball near me and was a local legend. Reading the paper every week about how terrible the team was but how much he stood out was a joy. And then he got drafted by the stupid Cowboys. Although he finished his career with the 49ers. 

Pound for pound, might be the best football player I’ve ever seen. An absolute marvel. 

Here’s hoping DEAN is getting stories out of the big man as we speak. 

Rest in power. 

Edited by TimLivingston
  • Like 9

The Giants are expecting Darren Waller to retire before training camp. As if they need to lose more talent on offense.  The story behind this is strange as fuck and Daren attempt at singing  really didn't help

2 minutes ago, hammerva said:

The Giants are expecting Darren Waller to retire before training camp. As if they need to lose more talent on offense.  The story behind this is strange as fuck and Daren attempt at singing  really didn't help

The have been operating under this assumption for months (as seen by moves they have been making). The story came out again because apparently Waller is gonna make it official next week.

Basically - he has seemed to be struggling with his mental health and he admitted his desire to play football isn't really there anymore (not to mention his injury history)

The Giants really really rally need him to retire as they currently have the least amount of cap space and Waller retiring frees up over $10 million