DVDVR Message Board

2024 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

Dolfan in NYC

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, JLSigman said:

GM7zYIoXoAE3-h1.jpg

I admit a soft spot for these dumb movies. I'd watch it.

Pitch Black was 24 years and twice as many pounds ago.  At least one PED peddler in Hollywood just put a downpayment on a nicer car or told their kid they can go to the good school.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Haha 2

These Harry Potter spin offs are too much...  Now we're seeing what Dudley Dursley's life is like.

• Like 2

I think I posted the trailer for Handling the Undead in the Horror thread because that feels really familiar to me

Another trailer for Twisters

Hey! Remember the scariest part from the first movie? Well we wanna make sure we are doing that again

Oh and we added fire

All We Imagine As Light

Another movie that's debuting at Cannes that probably won't be in Atlanta (unless I go to Gwinnett county theaters or theaters with larger Indian populations).

19 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

These Harry Potter spin offs are too much...  Now we're seeing what Dudley Dursley's life is like.

My inner Kenneth Anger is doing certain things right now. 

There will be a new Lord of the Rings movie

The Hunt for Gollum

Directed by Andy Serkis who also returns to play Gollum

Peter Jackson is producing

First Look at Protagonist Pictures' Newly-Announced 'Press Your Luck' (hollywoodreporter.com)

Paul Walter Hauser looks like Michael Larson, the guy who memorized the PYL game board and took the show for quite the spin in 1984. Curious to see how they take a two-part episode of PYL and turn it into a feature film. Presumably the focus will be more on how batpoop this guy was before and after the show ...

Michael Larson - Wikipedia

First heard about the potential for such a film back in 2000 (!) with Bill Murray as Larson.

Other people in the cast include Walton Goggins, David Strathain, Maisie Williams and Johnny Knoxville. 

so who is playing Peter Tamarkin? 

On 1/16/2024 at 5:58 PM, (BP) said:

It feels a bit past GOAT’s cultural moment as a term to be a movie title. Promising Young Football Player would be funnier. 

Well someone else agreed as the name of this movie is now Him

(For reminder context - this is the next Jordan Peele movie where Marlon Wayans is a legendary aging quarterback who starts training a younger player.)

It is now set to release on Sept 19, 2025

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

WHAT?! 

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

You know who won't like that?  The Toecutter!  He knows who the Nightrider is. He is the chosen one. The mighty hand of vengeance, sent down to strike the unroadworthy! He's hotter than a rollin' dice. Step right up, chum, and watch the kid lay down a rubber road, right to FREEDOM!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/9/2024 at 3:02 PM, RIPPA said:

Another trailer for A Quiet Place: Day One

I'm going to have anxiety over whether that cat survives the whole movie. Going to have to get someone else to watch it for me first 😅.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

Mad Max is great if you ignore the boring, dull, steaming pile of shit that is the first movie.

I respect your opinion, now here's mine.

Mad Max (1979) laid the foundation for the rest of the series.

It's probably the most normal in structure compared to the rest of the collection.

Max actually has a story arc in the first film, in the rest of the films he's just Mad Max.

It's one of my favorite vengeance films with a dystopian setting.

Oh, the film has always been about Goose.

On 5/8/2024 at 3:09 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Reminds me of an early 70s biker movie told from the POV of a group of Vietnam vets who tangle with an MC that killed one of their friends.