DVDVR Message Board

2024 TV DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Add to that Silvio's unknown fate but odds of a comeback being slim to none, no one from the core crew was going to rise up. Basically what would happen to the Jersey mob in real life was the fate of the Soprano family

James

Rewatching Northern Exposure and in season one there's an episode with a weird Twin Peaks spoof/ homage bit on it. It's wild since TO was on ABC at the time and NE was on CBS. It reminded me of how the early 90's had a lot of "experimental " TV. Twin Peaks, Northern Exposure, Picket Fences, Cop Rock, and more.

Edited by Johnny Sorrow

The funny thing is there was never a peep from the real life New Jersey DeCavalcante family... ever. I presume they were so strongly tied to New York there was no distance to allow a case of warfare like what happened in Philly which was just a series of successions and bloodbaths. It makes the DeMeo family of The Sopranos less realistic looking I suppose. 

Saw some previews for that Clive Owen show that left no impression it was a Sam Spade show from the Queen’s Gambit people. Now that I know, I’ll be watching. 

In other news, Carrie Coon has been cast in the third season of White Lotus. All hail Zaslav. 

• Like 1

I'll admit, I didn't know DEAN~ as well as others around here, but this seems like the sort of thing he'd have been *extremely* into:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'll admit, I didn't know DEAN~ as well as others around here, but this seems like the sort of thing he'd have been *extremely* into:

I fell down the Celebrity Bowling rabbit hole during the pandemic, fun watch and such a random group of 70's celebs. But, I'm still partial of the few Pittsburgh Bowling for Dollars episodes floating around YouTube.

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I imagine we'd het a few months worth of Celebrity Bowling Worktate Reports with some jabs thrown at... I'll say Charles Nelson Reilly

James

23 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

People used to know how to dress themselves. We used to be a proper country!

• Haha 1

On 1/11/2024 at 11:47 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

This checks out. Heck, let's have a revival of this. We as a nation request, nay, DEMAND celebrities bowling!

• Like 1

So it looks like they are doing a new  series on Peacock of TED only it is a prequel when they were younger.  Not looking promising based on commercials.   Also didn't help that the last one TED 2 wasn't good

Well, the True Detective thread is 5 years untouched at this point, and I think anything dead that long should stay dead.   But...

Spoiler

Night Country!  Non-diegetic storytelling!  Grandiose CGI!  Ferris Bueller!  John Carpenter references!  Can you tell I'm annoyed yet!

Seriously, though, I'm 10 minutes in, and this whole thing is giving me, "What if we did a post-mortem on The Thing, where cops have to try to put together the truth after the fact, but then we just wrap it in a True Detective sausage case and see if anyone even notices?" vibes.  I'm guessing this won't be as blatantly godawful as S2, but we may be in for 'avoid even seasons'.