DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 11/23 - 11/28/2023

Dolfan in NYC

47 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

not sure there's a fledging guy who is up to the task, but in the spirit of "closing the door" on Killswitch turning face and returning to becoming Luchasaurus again, maybe Christian needs to gift the name Luchasaurus to some random dude so that Killswitch can't just change back upon turning on Christian (he'd change back and then beat up New Luchasaurus shortly afterwards)

Christian should christen Nick Comoroto as Luchasaurus II.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

that's probably a good idea for putting it on another large dude.. for some reason I was thinking more "put the name on some Fuego Del Sol-level guy" (Fuego not being in the company anymore, someone who is vaguely like him)

If only Luther wasn't Toni's butler.

• Haha 1

Do you have Ric Flair in a can?

Spoiler

then you better let him out!

The Nick Wayne's mom segment went on way too long.

Nana needs a weekly interview segment if he's not going to be with Swerve every week

I kinda got a a kick out of Ruby and Ange as Romeo and Juliet

• Like 1

Catching up with Dynamite. Loved the finish in the trios match with Hook & Shibata trading off opponents for their submissions and Orange leaping through the center for the Punch.

The Continental Classic is off to a great start. Moxley/Briscoe was my favorite and thought the extended overrun added a feeling of importance to things, good stuff. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, zendragon said:

You know who has been conspicuously absent since all this Devil nonsense? The bathing beauty Maria

I hope we get a segment where Ruby and Ange are on a date being chaperoned by Daddy Magic and Sayraya 

Not only chaperoning but doing everything possible to sabotage the date, which then, against all odds ends up being so successful that Ruby and Ang are even closer by the end of it and Menard and Saraya flip their shit!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Shartnado said:

Not only chaperoning but doing everything possible to sabotage the date, which then, against all odds ends up being so successful that Ruby and Ang are even closer by the end of it and Menard and Saraya flip their shit!

Or Daddy Magic and Saraya grow close to each other

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Or Daddy Magic and Saraya grow close to each other

Why not both? I mean both screaming at each other that the other ruined their perfect plan, until they both stop, stare at one another and then start making out in frustration would be pretty funny.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 11/24/2023 at 4:25 AM, zendragon said:

You know who has been conspicuously absent since all this Devil nonsense? The bathing beauty Maria

So has Britt. 

I can actually see a scenario where the devil pulls the mask off to reveal it is Britt, and then Adam Cole nails MJF from behind, and we find out it was the two of them working together all along. Maybe the other two ninjas are Perry & KOR? That would set the stage for Strong/Bennett/Taven vs Cole/Perry/KOR matches.

• Like 4

On 11/24/2023 at 3:25 AM, zendragon said:

https://twitter.com/MariaLKanellis/status/1725275205260423188  "The devil is in the details"

Crossed my mind as well with the thought that her team formed in ROH, Cole Karter & Griff Garrison, could've been two of the others with Taven & Bennett

• Like 2

3-hour Rampllision again today!

Far as I know, only Wheeler Yuta vs Shibata Pure Title Match has been announced for Rampage (going on first, in an hour).

That's enough for me! Two guys on my "Dream 12" who didn't make the Tournament list, beating the semi shoot style hell out ofvone another. Yes, please!

Two Tournament matches announced for Collision:

Claudio vs Garcia! 

Eddie Kingston vs Brody King!!!!!!! 

Also yes, please. For both of those. The Dance vs The Giant Swing. King on King violence! Potential regicide! 

Also apparently these were added as I slept:

* FTR (Dax Harwood & Cash Wheeler) vs. The Righteous (Vincent & Dutch)
* Keith Lee vs. Lee Moriarty
* Tony Schiavone interviews Ricky Starks & Big Bill
* We’ll hear from Adam Copeland
* The House of Black (Buddy Matthews & Malakai Black) vs. Komander & Gravity

Sure, why not? To most of that.

Lee on Lee violence! You could never get that match in WWE, because the names would confuse The Universe overmuch.

(Speaking of Wrestking Vincents who are not my cup of tea): Looking forward to watching Dutch fighting Cash & Dax. 

Zero women's matches announced so far? Will we get Skye Blue again? Julia Hart? 

Yuka Sakazaki vs Abadon, please!

Deeb and/or Willow vs Emi and/or Athena?

Edit 1: Oh! Willow and Sakazaki should form The World's Happiest and Friendliest Team after Willow's story with Hart and Skye is concluded. Then win the Woman's Tag Title  Tournament! Or lose in the finals to Athena and Billie Starkz. The main thing is: More belts, and more tournaments.

Edit 2: See Bull Nakano's post below.

Unnecessary Edit #3: half an hour now. 

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 2

I tuned into Rampage before switching over to Survivor Series. Romero is still a great utility guy and had one of Hook's longer matches. Statlander/Diamante was really good and set up Kris' next program with Mercedes Martinez, which should be good. Yuta won the pure title again in a nice outing with Shibata so that's one BCC guy with gold.

• Like 3

Surprised to see the Pure title change hands on Rampage, especially so close to Final Battle. the video promo from Yuta before it was really good and set the stage for the match nicely.

liked Copeland's promo challenging Christian for Montreal next week. Malakai Black mentioned CM Punk and called Claudio "Cesaro" !! Dante Martin is BACK! Lee vs. Lee was fun. 

Great main event from Brody vs. Eddie. Good thing for Eddie it wasn't 'defending the titles in each of his matches'

Next week we get Moxley/Lethal, White/Swerve, and Briscoe/Rush on Dynamite + Bryan/Kingston, Claudio/Brody, and Garcia/Andrade on Collision. 

• Like 3

Just to be clear: The bald guy flexing for the camera during Lady Frost vs Julia Hat was NOT me. 

I have a ton of thoughts and a zillion crappy dad jokes. For example: ALWAYS great to see Rocky! SO much *WRESTLING* on this show! (Hook, Shibata, Garcia, Wheerler...) And so many good big meaty men (Dutch, Brody King, Big Bill, Limitless...)

The return of Malakai's perfect sing-a-long theme!!! Yes!!! GNARGNFRZT!!! BLARGENFRSAT!!!

or

Now we know what killed off the dinosaurs! It was CHAIRS!

The Two Knee Storm! (From Buddy & Black, the new Killer Bs)

etc etc etc

BUT

I am just SO HAPPY we got our Week One Upset. I was SURE Garcia was going to get it, because they were learning so hard into him being the underdog (and because Claudio is very giving) and when Garcia lost I felt like, "I guess we are just going chalk all the way. Oh well, at least we'll get a bunch of excellent fights." 

But, of course, Mad King is also Bryan-level giving in the ring. And him having to claw back from being one down is PERFECT booking. And Brody King getting the first upset win is also perfect, because Brody King is awesome.

Way to go, AEW! Way to respect tradition. It's like Ned Stark getting killed at the end of season one. Now we KNOW anyone can go down for three at any time.

Oh boy am I ever STOKED now!!!!!

BRYAN vs KINGSTON!!! SWERVE vs SWITCHBLADE!!! CLAUDIO vs BRODY KING!!!! CHICKEN vs ROOOOOSH!!!!!

F'n BRYAN DANIELSON vs EDDIE KINGSTON!!! And Kingston almost HAS TO win to stay in contention!!!         

.                                                        giphy.gif

Edit: Speaking of freaking out:

I just checked and there isn't one single match from today's three-hour show or Thanksgiving Dynamite that we can play on Fight Forever using the in-game roster!

We can, however, do:

Spoiler

CM Punk vs Cody 😀

And at least Orange vs Mox and Jericho & Kenny vs The Young Bucks are possible!

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Is Brody winning really an upset? I don't think so, but that's just me. 

Brody is very well protected, but Kingston is one of hte 2 favorites in his block in a booking perspective. 

It's also 100% the right call to put him behind early. Makes the Kingston/Danielson match being next really interesting, my gut says that one might be a draw. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Is Brody winning really an upset? I don't think so, but that's just me. 

It's an upset if you assume the guy with the bigger fan reactions is the favourite, because Eddie is way over. But if you look at how they've been booked - yeah, not really an upset.