DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK TEN

Dolfan in NYC

6 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

The fuck. My mom stopped making my bed when I was six. I hope he's just being funny. Now I'm rooting against him just for failing to be an adult.

Someone who either can't make his own bed or decide on his own to skip making it probably can't be trusted to bag groceries, let alone run an NFL offense.

8 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

The end of Bill Belichick's tenure in New England is going to be ugly.

If he was smart, soon as the final game ended he'd announce he is retiring to spend more time with his family. Then next year they will give him a big ceremony and Brady will be there and everyone will hug and cheer.

But if I've learned anything about football players and coaches, instead he'll act like nothing is wrong (either due to arrogance or wanting to break the all time coaching win record) and we'll just have to see if Robert Kraft will force him to move on or due to everything he has done just let him continue as long as he wants.

• Like 3

3 and Out with a sack on Defense, immediate 4 play TD drive to Aiyuk on offense.  So far this looks just like Weeks 1 thru 5 and not at all like 6 thru 8.

But even before the season started you knew Lawrence was legit and the Jags are going to be a tough out, so the pants are by no means free.

24 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

I really don’t think the game has passed Bill by, or that it was all Brady, still. I do think he’s just this dang muleheaded. He’s not going to bench Jones and he’s not going to quit hiring man children as coordinators. He knows better but just won’t. 

Any time someone has a long track record of great success they are at risk of getting the attitude that no one ever knows enough to tell them no, no matter how much they start falling off.  In the NFL we've seen in the past with Al Davis. as wrestling fans we know this phenomenon well with Vince.  Not impossible that it would manifest again with Belichek.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

The Browns vs Ravens first half seems the longest in history

I am convinced that the Browns are better than the Ravens at every position but quarterback, but the difference between Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson is so fucking huge that the Ravens are a much better team.  Seriously, the rest of the Browns can dominate this game, and they'll still be at the mercy of Jackson's ability to make a play out of nothing and Watson's ability to fuck up a wet dream.  

• Like 1

Well McCaffery's TD streak is most likely over with Juice poaching the TD on the last drive.  At 34-3 with 12:40 left resting McCaffery for the duration is the right call.

But I expected a nailbiter and have gotten 34-3 so Earnest HEMingway is writing A Farewell To Pants

13 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

possible that the Bengals and Bills windows will close before either of them win the big one

on the other hand, this being the Houston Texans and their front office, DeMeco Ryan and the OC probably shouldn't buy a house in the area if they're gonna choke away a 10 point lead this late

Washington's Emmanuel Forbes got flagged for a helmet to helmet

Then after like 3 minutes - he got tossed

The broadcast said the decision came from NY which I have never seen before