DVDVR Message Board

2013-2014 NCAA FOOTBALL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

I think the best one is when the Lawyer asked Emmert about players doing endorsement deals and Emmert responed by saying if athletes were able to do endorsement deals they would not long be regular students...which ignores the fact that the English major could do an endorsement for a company and still be considered a regular student.

Mine was when Emmert said "perhaps" when asked if a player endorsing Coke for pay would be a violation. Perhaps?
  • Like 1

I'd like to take a moment to pour one out for Comcast/Charter Sports South, which signed off this week after 15 years on the air. Basically, they're losing all their SEC programming to the Network this fall and couldn't support themselves without it.

This fall, I'll badly miss being able to tune in on Sunday afternoons and watch the replays of Saturday's games with the homer radio broadcast played over the ESPN/CBS video. I'm sure the Network will show plenty of replays, but hearing the homer call was always great fun.

It was a sad day in the southland. Got my first "real" job there...

• 4 weeks later...

It just looks hideous to me. The Sears Coaches Trophy is apparently the trophy that will be awarded by the USA Today Coaches poll at the end of the year, so there is at least that.

I hope Gus kills the suspense with this Nick Marshall situation. I think he has to suspend him since he's let it linger like this, which would give Arkansas a stronger chance against us.

I also think there are some advantages to having Jeremy Johnson out there at QB; however, it's kind of hard to play "AUBURN Fast" with him. He's a little more traditional as a QB and he did not execute the read option as well last year and just seemed a little slower in general.

A year could change that, but I don't think I exuded with confidence watching him with the second team at A Day this year.

I have no problem with it - he's already graduated.

10577150_805115789532719_782940066972393

Ugh.

Oh fuck that. I've been incredibly busy this month so I haven't paid much attention to stuff going on at the university, but this is a surprise. I'm hoping someone changes their mind.