DVDVR Message Board

September 2023 Wrestling Discussion

3 hours ago, The Comedian said:

Two pages of increasingly angry bickering degenerating into baseless accusations of bigotry all because Jade Cargill didn't use Grammarly for a tweet. Some of y'all need to go smoke some reefer or something....

I thought my comments were pretty innocuous. Even offered some explanations for why she might have misspoken, or why I might be more sensitive to tone.

But intenet gonna internet, I guess.

• Like 2

So there hasn't really been a way for people in Japan to see Raw or Smackdown since their contract ended with J-Sports at the beginning of 2022. Now they'll be back on a streaming platform that will, as far as I can tell, air the shows free (on a slight delay) as well as allow access to the PLEs (or whatever they are called) via Abema Premium. Abema already aired the 2022 World Cup (as in all of it, every single game for free), Angels games (for now, lol)  and is going to begin airing Premier League games in 2024. They're partially owned by TV Asahi so they air New Japan shows on occasion. Their majority owner is CyberAgent, which is the owner of CyberFight, which is the company that owns DDT and NOAH. They just lost the UFC to U-Next (a paid streaming service) last year. AEW is available to NJPW World subscribers in Japan on a delay (and also without whatever happens during the picture in picture). PPVs are only through FITE.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dog said:

I thought my comments were pretty innocuous. Even offered some explanations for why she might have misspoken, or why I might be more sensitive to tone.

But intenet gonna internet, I guess.

You made a Wreddit-level post, which is peak internet-gonna-internet when it comes to the art of pro wrestling. Most of us have done it before. Take the L and let it go.

On a totally different note, I ended up running across that old Rumblemetrics blogspot again for the first time in years, and it's still entertaining: http://rumblemetrics.blogspot.com/2012/?m=0

I am, however, miffed by this Canadian gentleperson's misunderstanding of what makes Barbarian great, and I simply assume that as a Canadian, he simply didn't watch enough JCP or WCW. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, S.K.o.S. said:

New wrestling crossword! 2nd one this month, and the biggest one ever.

23:22. Bit of a nightmare on this one.

• Like 1