DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEPTEMBER 2023

Dolfan in NYC

On 9/18/2023 at 10:58 AM, JohnnyJ said:

I always viewed Jade as the quintessential WWE talent who ended up in AEW. She has star quality so they were going to try to do something with her but she didn't fit. This is probably for the best for everyone. 

I agree, and also replace Jade with Cody and you had my feelings on him eventually too. Everything about Cody after a certain point was like it was made for WWE and would work better there. And, lo and behold, it does.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Owen and Christian were tight? What's the story behind that, because he was just a developmental guy back then. 

I think Edge and Christian had a house show loop with Owen and Jarrett shortly before Owen died. 

• Like 1

Nice, looks like I’ll be attending 6 wrestling shows in 7 weeks coming up. This is the venue I’ve been saying they should have run for Northern California since before the first shows were announced. This is the correct venue. Not the freakin cow palace, not chase center right now, certainly not Stockton arena. This is the sweet spot. 

• Like 3

Companion action to my post in the WWE TV thread: am I the only one excited about the potential of Mustafa Ali being #AllElite in the near future? He'll probably end up in the Trustbusters or something but hopefully there's a spot somewhere for him. Always thought he had some untapped potential.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

Companion action to my post in the WWE TV thread: am I the only one excited about the potential of Mustafa Ali being #AllElite in the near future? He'll probably end up in the Trustbusters or something but hopefully there's a spot somewhere for him. Always thought he had some untapped potential.

My man, I don’t think the Trustbusters have existed (in AEW) for awhile now.

And give me Emma in AEW, she’s the only person I’d like to see them sign out of the cuts (so far).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Casey said:

And give me Emma in AEW, she’s the only person I’d like to see them sign out of the cuts (so far).

Lmao my cancelled Honor Club membership reveals itself. They don't exist in ROH anymore either? 

24 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Is he potentially coming? I'm familiar with him being a bit of a public nuisance but wasn't aware if he'd been in the crosshairs with these cuts. It'd be a good spot for him I think, and yeah I like his work too. He'd get to stretch out more for sure. 

Yeah he tweeted ominously an hour ago that he's gone. I think most of what he complained about was racist gimmicks and I assume as a Muslim he was uncomfortable to some extent with them doing huge shows in India, although publicly he expressed that he wished he'd been booked on that card so that's just speculation on my part. Which is all just to say I feel like he'd encounter much less of that kind of sentiment in AEW but who knows.

I didn't realize there were more cuts! Somehow Riddle not gone yet...

18 minutes ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

Lmao my cancelled Honor Club membership reveals itself. They don't exist in ROH anymore either? 

No idea, I don’t watch ROH. I think the last time he was on either show, he was teaming with Tony Nese under the Varsity Athletes banner, so…

8 hours ago, Casey said:

The Trustbusters were the beginning of the end for AEW. Mark my words. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

Correct. Daivari has been more of an agent now (hasn't wrestled since Double or Nothing in May and just managed Tony Nese a few times), Sonny Kiss was let go, and Jeeves Kay has gone back to his original VSK name on this week's ROH. 

Slim J did still use the theme/tron in his last appearance a month ago but was by himself. 

• Like 1

Omega vs Danielson at the first AEW Grand Slam was 2 years ago today.

"Ain't gonna be no rematch", said Kenny. And he wasn't lying, apparently.

• Like 2