DVDVR Message Board

All In II - 8/27/2023

Dolfan in NYC

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

It would be funny if they kicked people out for not drinking and eating the entire time. Like, if you haven't ordered anything within the hour, you must leave the premises. They very well might do that, I dunno. 

I used to know a guy who was a manager at a BWW actually, him and his brother were identical twins. This was when the place was just gaining popularity in the early 2000s, and they were in college anyway, so it fit. 

Did your friend and his brother pull the 'ol switch-a-roo at BWW? Like half way through his shift, your friend would slip out the back and his brother would walk in fresh as a daisy.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Haha 2

i used to go to BDubs with a group of friends and watch the UFC PPVs. This would've been late 00s/early 10s. we'd sit there for 3-4 hours getting progressively more drunk and rowdy. never got kicked out. i've never heard of a drink/food limit.

stopped going once UFC expanded the prelims. 3 hours is one thing, 6+ hours in a restaurant is a whole other problem.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Nah, one of 'em looked juuuuuuust different enough that I don't think Twin Magic would have worked. Only twins I've ever known actually. 

Now, I'm picturing the Rougeaus working at Buffalo Wild Wings, and of course All American Boys is stuck in my head. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It's one thing sitting in a movie theater for 5 hours where there's no alcohol unless I sneak it in again, but I don't feel like easily dropping over $100 on food and drinks at BWW. 

WHAT? I just went to see the Metallica and they have a bar called McGuffins in the theatre!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zendragon said:

WHAT? I just went to see the Metallica and they have a bar called McGuffins in the theatre!

Is that AMC? I believe the AMC's with "bars" inside them are called McGuffins. Good name for a bar in a movie theater.

• Like 2

Yeah, the local AMC Dine-In here has that too. Since COVID, that's where you order your food, since they don't have in-theater wait staff anymore. They bring you your food in your seat but don't take your orders there anymore. 

6 hours ago, zendragon said:

Off topic: I recently read that they shot that in Arlington at the show there, and I'm really hoping someone had the wherewithal to capture Pantera's set as well. I know it's not the 'real thing' but even with the brothers having passed, I bet it was still a wild one

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
since they're on 'home turf'
  • Like 1

There's one in the theater over here (it's not an AMC though; we had one of those in the big shopping district by the highway here but it closed so all that's left is the Savoy IMAX and if you wanna hit the road, a drive-in somewhere out in the cornfields). Never bothered with it because 1. usually unnecessary given my proclivities, and 2. I paid $16 for a small popcorn and small drink the last time I went. Can you imagine how much a simple, watered-down splash of lite beer in a plastic cup would cost there?! 

I wonder if Jericho is gonna sing himself to the ring like the woman from QTV, or if it'll be the band playing with the crowd singing. 2 is the cooler option, but 1 is definitely the more hilarious. If Jericho's gonna work heel since it's England (assuming Ospreay gets the homer love) they should just grow some nuts and play him out to like, the Krokus - Eat The Rich cover off the first record or something

Just now, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Oh, almost definitely - but there's part of me that feels like Jericho may not be able to resist the temptation to try it w a crowd of this magnitude

Definitely.

Maybe TK will have WM3 style carts for them. 

• Haha 2

But Jericho doesn’t sing live at Fozzy gigs… Not without a little pretaped assistance and the magic of Autotune behind him.

I'm sort of cautiously optimistic for Jericho/Osprey. If they keep it closer to the first Omega/Osprey match and not the second one, I think it'll work better. In the last couple of years, I've dug Jericho when he tries to go in and see how stiff he can get with someone like Ishii or Kingston. It's when he tries to be more athletic (which he never really was, even in his younger days) that it falls apart for me. I do worry, though, that he's going to want to do the latter with someone like Osprey.

I think I may actually order this one. Sunday PPVs going late is what usually keep me away, so no worries with this one.

• Like 3

They’ve done over 90k buys already. Since most come day of the show that’s a really good sign. Too bad it couldn’t be on tnt or max, but they will get a bunch of money (too bad it couldn’t be on tnt or max and they get paid a lot of money for it, though). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

But Jericho doesn’t sing live at Fozzy gigs… Not without a little pretaped assistance and the magic of Autotune behind him.

Sebastian Bach, is that you?!?

(I actually have no idea what Jericho does live, but he claimed to sing for real when that dumbass 'fued' was going on. All the Fozzy albums but the first have so much pitch correction they're basically a commercial for Anteres and Melodyne. I saw him on The Masked Singer with my family on Thanksgiving I think last year, and it was definitely uh, let's call it a 'raw' vocal...)

58 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Jericho will be as red as Lesnar by the time he gets down the entrance ramp whether he sings or not, I bet. 

The solution is just to let him sing and then have Emi Sakura wrestle the match.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2