DVDVR Message Board

August 2023 Wrestling Discussion

1 minute ago, Curt McGirt said:

Both found dead in a hotel room within six months. 

That's the sexy answer like Marilyn Monroe dying in her bed.

I would go leaning up against a dumpster in the back alley between Kroger and an off brand Chinese restaurant inside of three weeks.

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, elizium said:

Could you imagine a Jannetty-Sunny marriage?

can you imagine if Jannetty became Bodydonna Zip and they didn't destroy Tom Prichard's hair for that gimmick

No disrespect to Dr. Tom, but I think a Jannetty/Candido tag team would have been better than Candido/Prichard.

Edited by Cobra Commander
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

Tammy would be like 14 or so if she did write that letter. 

I think it's highly likely. Can't be that many Tammy Sytch's running around. The location fits. She was known to be a huge wrestling fan before getting in the business

On 8/2/2023 at 5:19 PM, zendragon said:

Weirdly I was just thinking about this The Limo Bombing of One Vincent Kennedy Mcmahon is such peak Vince craziness I wish we got to see it through

I always thought that was going to be an epic storyline tbh. That was back when they could still make those happen when they wanted to.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

More Dave social media chaos

For those curious who drove an Uber during the pandemic: it was Psycho Clown - apparently he also sold bathroom furniture and installed it to make ends meet.

• Thanks 2

On 8/2/2023 at 9:02 PM, Technico Support said:

No way, man.  I used to not even know what the fuck a semicolon was; now I use it all the time.  That way lies madness.

I want to tell me that the semicolon has uses besides C(++/#; or in Java, Perl, Pascal, ...)-compilers having a chance to complain about something?

12 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

I think a Jannetty/Candido tag team would have been better than Candido/Prichard.

forget the Bodydonnas gimmick, i would love to see a '90s partnership-turned-feud between Jannetty and Candido. we would have gotten some amazing matches out of that!!

brb, now i got to check out their tv interactions:
Raw 9/25/95 (Skip vs. Jannetty)
Superstars 4/30/96 (Body Donnas vs. New Rockers)
King of the Ring '96 [Free-For-All] (Body Donnas vs. New Rockers)
Raw 7/22/96 (Body Donnas vs. New Rockers)

plus some multi man tags and battle royals

• Like 1

2 hours ago, twiztor said:

forget the Bodydonnas gimmick, i would love to see a '90s partnership-turned-feud between Jannetty and Candido. we would have gotten some amazing matches out of that!!

brb, now i got to check out their tv interactions:
Raw 9/25/95 (Skip vs. Jannetty)
Superstars 4/30/96 (Body Donnas vs. New Rockers)
King of the Ring '96 [Free-For-All] (Body Donnas vs. New Rockers)
Raw 7/22/96 (Body Donnas vs. New Rockers)

plus some multi man tags and battle royals

There were on opposite sides of a pretty awesome Survivor Series tag in 95, too. 

That’s an underrated show, overall. Also really liked the wild card SS match and Bret/Diesel is really good. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

So last night, there was Collision, Summerslam, a UFC Fight Night, and the Jake Paul vs Nate Diaz boxing show, all going head to head (sort of... Boxing shows start their main events really late at night now for some reason). I wonder if anyone in the world quadruple screened all four?

Small sample size, but it looks like everyone who watched Collision came away thinking "God Damn do I love Pro-Wrestling!", and a lot of people who watched Summerslam came away asking themselves "Why do I love Pro-Wrestling?". But I'm sure if they come up with a good explanation for the storyline, people who love the WWE style will decide it was good.

Also, apparently it was wardrobe malfunction night in WWE. Surprising that doesn't happen more often really.

I didn't realize Summerslam was last night. Wow, that's early in the month of August for that show. 

I read the (surprisingly short) thread here and it sounds like Roman is still the champ and they're doing that Bloodline angle, still. 

I get that lapsed WWE fans have come back to WWE lately because of Roman and that angle, but wow is that thing apparently pitched specifically (only?) for the WWE set. I'd rather watch 1999 Nitro and make fun of how absurdly bad it is than sit through a zillion months of Roman Reigns being dull, but inoffensive as champ. And in fact, I'm going to do that! 

I also didn't realize what "Collision" was until I looked it up and realized that it's that Saturday show that I heard AEW was adding a few weeks (months?) back. 

I'll tell you, I expected to get old and out of touch, but not quite this early in my life. 

• Like 3

Tokachi Pro Wrestling, out of Hokkaido, Japan, have unveiled their title belt, the Tokachi Mountain Range Championship. And Bryan Danielson is  immediately insisting he get a shot at it:

Spoiler

• Like 8