DVDVR Message Board

Collision - 6/17/2023

Skye Blue going to get a huge hometown pop! This is show to have her get a big pin, probably against Ruby.

Lots of rusty big names, going to be a lot of fun. Plus Phil with a live mic.

• Like 1

I'm probably (definitely) biased due to the WCW influence, but I like this graphic suite a WHOLE LOT more than the ones currently used for Dynamite or Rampage. Their team did a really, really nice job here.

Needs robot factory sliding doors on the set and a 6:05 local start time (seriously, how did they not hit a homer on that soft ball?), but I completely agree.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So apparently there is an interview by ESPN to Punk last week that is going to air between now and Collison debut.   Because sure let's put some flies on top of this shit sundae on Saturday.

I doubt Punk didn't say anything without TK's approval in that interview. Having it drop the day before Collision is a brilliant move...especially with it being on ESPN's platform.

• Like 2

I doubt Punk didn't say anything without TK's approval in that interview. Having it drop the day before Collision is a brilliant move...especially with it being on ESPN's platform.

Does Tony Khan look like

A.  A guy that has power to tell top talent what to say.  I mean those post PPV scrums are great because you can literally see when he knows he fucked AND STILL doesn't do anything

B.  A guy who doesn't probably mind this shit storm to begin with.

• Like 1

Does Tony Khan look like

A.  A guy that has power to tell top talent what to say.  I mean those post PPV scrums are great because you can literally see when he knows he fucked AND STILL doesn't do anything

B.  A guy who doesn't probably mind this shit storm to begin with.

This isn't something happening in real time. It's a calculated move. An interview strategically scheduled to drop the day before the debut of a new show. Could it be a shit storm? Sure. But it was office approved. This interview is in the can, probably edited for to provide maximum oomph for what it was booked for.

• Like 2

Sending the king out there to make the clickbait mills work overtime is a great idea.  Alvarez says the interview will make a lot of people upset. Maybe he’s going to spoil The Flash! 

Remember when Hogan went on Howard Stern right around TNA's first Monday Night show in 2010, but then didn't mention TNA at all

What if it's Punk talking about comic books for 20 minutes

• Haha 4

Remember when Hogan went on Howard Stern right around TNA's first Monday Night show in 2010, but then didn't mention TNA at all

What if it's Punk talking about comic books for 20 minutes

Contrasted with a couple years later, he's doing Good Morning America and Fox & Friends talking about the sextape/N-word stuff with that iMPACT logo FRONT and center on his shirt. I caught that during the TNT special they aired after Rampage a couple weeks ago and was dying (though its always possible the timeline was messed with and it was just B-roll used for clarity, but that's not as hilarious)

Needs robot factory sliding doors on the set and a 6:05 local start time (seriously, how did they not hit a homer on that soft ball?), but I completely agree.

Haha, I've posted this before, but one of the signs AEW was the promotion for me was Grand Slam I, we were chatting with folks in line and I had a pretty in- depth conversation with another guy about how sick the sound of the SN doors was, and how WCW's ring sounded better on TV than WWE's and AEW's. Strong feeling of 'I've found my people.'

• Like 3

I'll be honest, there's a zero percent chance I watch this live, a small chance I watch this after it's done airing on Saturday, and slightly better chance I watch it on Sunday but that's only because it's Father's Day. Even then, my choice of "doing nothing" isn't an option for Father's Day so there's a chance I don't watch it until everyone goes to bed on Sunday night. That's probably going to be the case for every airing of Collision. Saturday is about the shittiest day to air this.

That said, there's no way I'm going to miss it so there is that I suppose.

• Sad 1

I'll be honest, there's a zero percent chance I watch this live, a small chance I watch this after it's done airing on Saturday, and slightly better chance I watch it on Sunday but that's only because it's Father's Day. Even then, my choice of "doing nothing" isn't an option for Father's Day so there's a chance I don't watch it until everyone goes to bed on Sunday night. That's probably going to be the case for every airing of Collision. Saturday is about the shittiest day to air this.

That said, there's no way I'm going to miss it so there is that I suppose.

Man, that stinks (but that said, I do hope you have a good Father's day). Rampage is usually the one I miss live, so I was looking forward to this being on a Saturday - so OF COURSE this happens to be a week where I've got two birthday parties penciled in back to back for Saturday. So looks like I'll be watching when I get home at 1-4 AM - please excuse the shitposting in advance 

• Like 1

Andrade vs Buddy is exactly the sort of thing I want to watch Saturday Night Sunday Morning. Can you guys imagine House of Black vs LFI? 

I believe this is Buddy’s second non squash singles match, really looking forward to it

• Like 1