DVDVR Message Board

AEW - April 2023

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

If we're getting The Elite/Adam Page vs. Blackpool Combat Club in Blood and Guts and or Anarchy in the Arena, I really hope Blood and Guts stays in the cage for the first time. I hate when action goes outside the cage barring two exceptions. Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker in the first Hell in a Cell, a ***** match, both Michaels best match ever and Undertaker's best match ever and The Undertaker vs. Mankind.

I think you’ll get your wish. I don’t see anyone in the BCC other than Wheeler bumping off the cage, and for the Elite I can’t see any of them doing it (especially since both Bucks get banged up a fair amount anyhow). It should be great whenever they do it. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, LF2 said:

I think you’ll get your wish. I don’t see anyone in the BCC other than Wheeler bumping off the cage, and for the Elite I can’t see any of them doing it (especially since both Bucks get banged up a fair amount anyhow). It should be great whenever they do it. 

I agree, but let's not forget Kenny has taken some sick bumps in his day. I'm thinking of that OWA to Sammy at Anarchy in the Arena back at DoN off of the stadium (what a wild sentence to write out).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Krone said:

I agree, but let's not forget Kenny has taken some sick bumps in his day. I'm thinking of that OWA to Sammy at Anarchy in the Arena back at DoN off of the stadium (what a wild sentence to write out).

Yeah that was probably the most insane bump in that entire match. I know Sammy does some crazy shit, but that was on a whole different level.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LF2 said:

Yeah that was probably the most insane bump in that entire match. I know Sammy does some crazy shit, but that was on a whole different level.

No wonder in the past Sammy has done the crazy symbol when he's about to do something crazy.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Can Tony not start fining people for saying shit on Twitter?  If something "leaks" out then whatever but using your platform to shit on the company or using your platform to speak about backstage issues should not be happening at this point. 

It makes AEW seem Bush league in comparison to WWE with how quick talent is to post or reply to certain things. It's one think if your an independent talent where your branding is based on your accessibility to that audience. Being too transparent and accessible makes you seem like much less of a star. Roman Reigns twitter only posts in gimmick and especially 6-8 years ago he was getting a ton of hate and rejection from the audience,  still he barely responded on Twitter and if he did , it was something really clever. It's cringy to me how alot people in AEW are quick to respond to criticism , Even Tony himself. Cody was the same way when he was in AEW. I understand as an EVP he wants to defend his company but as a star wrestler it made him come across like less of a star to me. In WWE I don't see him being defensive on Twitter 

• Like 1

Probably somewhere quite close to Toronto.

If they continue to do Saturday PPVs during the NFL season, presumably Collision moves earlier and becomes the Zero Hour countdown special.

Well, Zero Two Hours, I suppose. 

43 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Bill Watts is still alive. Bring him in to develop a new "fining policy."

However, DO NOT I repeat DO NOT allow him to pick and choose who gets served in catering. We wanna avoid that little mishap again.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AxB said:

Probably somewhere quite close to Toronto.

If they continue to do Saturday PPVs during the NFL season, presumably Collision moves earlier and becomes the Zero Hour countdown special.

Well, Zero Two Hours, I suppose. 

I was always a fan of WCW Main Event and Sunday Night Heat airing live on PPV days from the venue - great way to encourage last minute buys

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

Tony needs his own Bruce Prichard/Johnny Ace, someone who takes the heat for the tough decisions that need to be made.

I'm kinda joking but I am actually serious 

Edited by Ziggy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

To reiterate, under the new rules you *are* allowed to corkscrew moonsault off of a balcony. You are *not* allowed to corkscrew moonsault kneedrop. Now, to clear up any confusion, Phoenix Splash Kneedrops do count as moonsaults - here's footage of Big Josh, starting his flipping motion while facing away from his opponent...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Tony needs his own Bruce Prichard, someone who takes the heat for the tough decisions that need to be made.

I'm kinda joking but I am actually serious 

A Bruce Prichard and a Jim Ross. No one is going to blame the lovable Tony Schiavone like they would have towards Ross for talent relations issues. Christopher Daniels (based off rumors and dirt sheets) didn’t seem too hands on with people.
I’m not too familiar with who is Khan’s circle. Pat Buck and Sonjay Dutt? Maybe Jarrett? 

Edited by Octopus

1 minute ago, Octopus said:

A Bruce Prichard and a Jim Ross. No one is going to blame the lovable Tony Schiavone for talent relations issues.
I’m not too familiar with who is Khan’s circle. Pat Buck and Sonjay Dutt? Maybe Jarrett? 

Jericho is absolutely tailor-made to fill a Johnny Ace role, but that would require him to wrap up his 5-year+ mid-life crisis and retire.

We are reaching NWA/WCW 1988 - 1990 level of the number of TV shows for a promotion.  The problem is that only one of them was over an hour.   And this is assuming they are getting rid of Dark and Elevation Youtube shows.  Imagine if there is 3 two hour shows (Ring of Honor included), a one hour show on Friday, and 2 more hour and change long shows.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Jericho is absolutely tailor-made to fill a Johnny Ace role, but that would require him to wrap up his 5-year+ mid-life crisis and retire.

I have no idea what Jericho’s future would be or what he’d want to do. He’s pretty creative and if taken out of the physical wrestling picture, could he come up with the new reinvention or popular phrase for someone else? He always says he notices when something unintentionally gets over, if he can do that from behind the scenes to help other talent, that could be huge. Based off of his podcasts, he likes to cite the ideas he has that influence larger gimmicks or storylines. Money in the Bank ladder match is an example of this. Could the come up with that without the motivation of thinking of ways to get himself over or be a part of something cool? If so, he could be a very influential member of a creative team.

I could see him (and this is from the perspective as a podcast listener, I of course don’t know him) stepping away when he is no longer able to physically perform and switch to a new or previous avenue to be the performer he loves being. More music, maybe acting, going heavier into the podcast platform, etc.

This brings me to a fun thought exercise: I just got off the phone with Tony Khan and he needs our help! He wants to start a creative team to help with booking and storyline ideas. If you could assemble Five members of either the AEW Roster or known staff members to be in the Creative Team, who would you choose? The fate of AEW is in your hands.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Octopus said:

A Bruce Prichard and a Jim Ross. No one is going to blame the lovable Tony Schiavone like they would have towards Ross for talent relations issues. Christopher Daniels (based off rumors and dirt sheets) didn’t seem too hands on with people.

I will do you one better. The killer was always in the room.

Blame WBD.

If Bischoff and others can blame corporate and get away with it for WCW dying and not some of the absolute mind boggling decisions made internally on the wrestling operation side, then WBD is more than a suitable scapegoat.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Octopus said:

This brings me to a fun thought exercise: I just got off the phone with Tony Khan and he needs our help! He wants to start a creative team to help with booking and storyline ideas. If you could assemble Five members of either the AEW Roster or known staff members to be in the Creative Team, who would you choose? The fate of AEW is in your hands.

Jarrett, Sonjay, Satnam, Lethal, and Mark Briscoe. Pretty sure that's what they're hinting at. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Christopher Daniels, Sting, Chris Jericho, Matt Hardy, Jeff Jarrett

• Like 2

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Imagining the locker room when he bans moves off the top rope. 

The five weeks he was in WWF, he didn't do that (mind you in WCW, they didn't stop doing moves off the top anyway). However, he did ban folks from playing cards. He wasn't in WWF much long after that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

The five weeks he was in WWF, he didn't do that (mind you in WCW, they didn't stop doing moves off the top anyway). However, he did ban folks from playing cards. He wasn't in WWF much long after that.

1-C2-E3-EFB-911-C-4-ED2-9-B8-D-085-D7-D3

• Haha 1